Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

First of all, we need a direct replacement for ATS. Not sure who it'll be but I've heard good things about that Stephen Hendrie who plays for Hamilton, anyone know anything about him?

i've mentioned him three or four times on here, usually when Ziggy Gordon has been discussed. I hear Hendrie's lost his way a bit but he's a young lad and quite a few clubs have been keeping tabs on him. As always naturally left sided players are thinner on the ground and I don't think we're going to be inundated with obvious replacement for ATS.

Dale Keenan looks a prospect but realistically still maybe a season away from competing for a regular first team slot. Not sure whether Archie would want two "not quite readies" on the books or not. Question will be can we meantime find a like for like ATS replacement? I think the pace going forward will be the biggest problem.

As Archie has said in his statement ATS has been a credit as the way he has performed and conducted himself this season has been great. I don't want to lose him as a player but it seemed early doors we were made aware that he wasn't going to be staying.

His performance levels didn't drop and gave everything in a thistle shirt when a few would have shyed away from tackles not to get injured and scupper their big move.

I'm gutted he's going but fair play to the lad and hope he can move on and play at a higher level.

Thanks for the 3 years!!

• Like 2

Lawless to Hamilton. St. Johnstone were interested but due to their lofty league position don't want him any more as they can afford better players. Reason he declined Thistle's contract was due to money, and Hamilton are willing to offer him more than we were.

Just shows you how much ATS has grown, physically over the last 3 years!! Gonna be hard replacing him, but if he gets a half decent championship side and sharpens up a bit defensively, he could be challenging for a Scotland spot in the next few years. We aren't exactly overflowing with natural left backs in this country. Been great watching him develop in his time at the club.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/m8-is-mcnamaras-m8-as-he-goes-through-frustrating-period/

Lawless to Hamilton. St. Johnstone were interested but due to their lofty league position don't want him any more as they can afford better players. Reason he declined Thistle's contract was due to money, and Hamilton are willing to offer him more than we were.

Find it surprising that Hamilton wil be paying better wages when the chances are they will be in the Championship next season and were Sevco not rumoured to have fancied him as well. Still the wee man has played a big part in getting us to where we are today, admittedly more last season, than this, but similarly to ATS, he goes with my best wishes for his contribution over the last two years

Find it surprising that Hamilton wil be paying better wages when the chances are they will be in the Championship next season and were Sevco not rumoured to have fancied him as well. Still the wee man has played a big part in getting us to where we are today, admittedly more last season, than this, but similarly to ATS, he goes with my best wishes for his contribution over the last two years

I don't know the figures we were offering but Hamilton are willing to pay him more. Perhaps we didn't offer a significant increase on his current contract (where I'd assume he wasn't on a lot like the majority of our players last season) and Hamilton feel he's more valued than we do. No idea. I wouldn't be too worried about it though. No idea why Rangers pulled out, if they were interested at all, but I was told St. Johnstone and Hamilton.

Hamilton got a huge windfall earlier this season when McCarthy moved to Everton ? Somewhere in the region of 1M I think.

We'll be training at the Science Park from next season, Killie installing a plastic pitch at Rugby Park & will be training on that.

This is what had come up as an option but it was just rumours.

University didn't want Killie there apparently so didn't think it would be an option for another football team to come in.

It would be ideal though for Thistle to get this as a training base.

Another place has been mentioned alot and would also involve a partnership so will need to see what the announcement is.

This is what had come up as an option but it was just rumours.

University didn't want Killie there apparently so didn't think it would be an option for another football team to come in.

It would be ideal though for Thistle to get this as a training base.

Another place has been mentioned alot and would also involve a partnership so will need to see what the announcement is.

Might not be true but was told by a Killie employee so presumed it was correct.

Hamill Bossed the game at Firhill before the split. Would be tempted to sign Hamill if we could get him. Given the cull taking place at Tynecastle today, wonder if we will go for any of those released.

Very surprised they let McDonald go.