Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Craig Levein in at Tynecastle?!? Are they not wanting to try to compete next season? Poor buggers.

He's been appointed Director of Football (my, isn't the old Div 1 sophisticated these days) so it's fair to assume he's the one swinging the axe today. It's then equally fair to say his appointment has been arranged some time ago and he's thus a duplicitous rat.

While I'd much prefer Hearts to stop sevco's return to the top tier than the other way round I now hope neither return.

MacDonald and Stevenson would be great signings IMO.

Hammil, while he controlled Hearts team last year, I don't think he works for us. It's a tough one as whenever we play against him I hope he isn't in the team. But I wouldn't want him in my team. He would stifle the development of Fraser and Bannigan who I think could have absolute stormers next seasons.

Obviously people are still clouded about his time as Scotland manager but his very good record with Dundee United and Hearts got him the job in the first place.

Would Moyes be a terrible manager for Hearts because he failed at Man Utd?

He's clearly a step up from Locke and should best McCoist with ease

He's been appointed Director of Football (my, isn't the old Div 1 sophisticated these days) so it's fair to assume he's the one swinging the axe today. It's then equally fair to say his appointment has been arranged some time ago and he's thus a duplicitous rat.

While I'd much prefer Hearts to stop sevco's return to the top tier than the other way round I now hope neither return.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Budge was going to be bringing on Levein if or when the takeover was complete. He's certainly been advising her for a good while now.

Calum Tapping, Mark Ridgers, Dylan McGowan all added to that list. McGowan could be a decent squad addition, bit of height, strength and can play across the back line.

Seems like that is Lennon confirmed to find a new job also!

McGowan's release was apparently agreed quite a while ago and his with is to return to Australia

Budgie ain't wasting any time in wielding the axe over in the east coast, maybe if Sevco had done the same instead of keeping 50 plus players on their books, some on £7,000 a week and more when in the lowest pro leagues in Scotland, then they might be in a better place now.

Also, I have also heard the previously mentioned Andy Stirling rumour. Was at st mirren for years, meant to have been very highly rated by everyone but fell out with his macpherson who supposedly also stopped him from getting a contract with certain other clubs so has ended up in the lower tiers. Never seen him play personally, but if Archie believes he's a good addition then I'll take his word for it. Would also think he won't be on huge wages at Stranraer so we'll get him fairly cheap.

Probably harsh, but I'd take MacDonald over Fox. Doubt we could afford him though, bigger teams in Scotland & England will be interested I'd imagine.

Motherwell bound, probably. They need a goalkeeper. I've heard Kello rumoured for Hearts so St. Mirren might be interested too.

I think he's a pretty good goalkeeper. I've always been a big fan of Scott Fox, and he started the season well but we needed to change it when we did, his performance levels were dropping. I'm not counting Fox out though and since he's signed up for next year, I think we're fine to go with Gallacher & Fox again. However if he was out of contract and it was a straight choice between Fox and MacDonald then that would be a different story.

Also, I have also heard the previously mentioned Andy Stirling rumour. Was at st mirren for years, meant to have been very highly rated by everyone but fell out with his macpherson who supposedly also stopped him from getting a contract with certain other clubs so has ended up in the lower tiers. Never seen him play personally, but if Archie believes he's a good addition then I'll take his word for it. Would also think he won't be on huge wages at Stranraer so we'll get him fairly cheap.

It's not as if we don't have a history of a Stirling playing down the left.

stirling.jpg

Happy days

• Like 1

Motherwell bound, probably. They need a goalkeeper. I've heard Kello rumoured for Hearts so St. Mirren might be interested too.

I think he's a pretty good goalkeeper. I've always been a big fan of Scott Fox, and he started the season well but we needed to change it when we did, his performance levels were dropping. I'm not counting Fox out though and since he's signed up for next year, I think we're fine to go with Gallacher & Fox again. However if he was out of contract and it was a straight choice between Fox and MacDonald then that would be a different story.

Maybe not though if Fox's injury is as bad as it looked on Saturday. Has there been any update on his situation? Looked like his knee either buckled or hyper-extended under the County player; best case, it's medial ligaments which might see him back in time for pre-season, anything else (ACL, for example) and we'll be looking for another keeper.

Maybe not though if Fox's injury is as bad as it looked on Saturday. Has there been any update on his situation? Looked like his knee either buckled or hyper-extended under the County player; best case, it's medial ligaments which might see him back in time for pre-season, anything else (ACL, for example) and we'll be looking for another keeper.

He was at POTY on Saturday night and seemed fine! Laughing, joking generally enjoying himself. Don't think he's badly injured.

Lee Mair to be released - Bit surprising unless Archie has a replacement lined up - http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/partick-thistle/archibald-to-cut-jags-stopper-mair-loose-163288n.24207259

I think this is positive the defence is the weakest part of the team .....Mair helped Conrad so thanks to him 2/3 defenders hopefully arriving!

Same article says that both Elliott and Lawless will be offered new contracts.

I wonder if Lawless will want to stay on? I'd be surprised if he became a regular starter next season, but can be useful.

Quite happy for Elliott to be kept on. Was getting better and better, and is like a lion.

ETA: Right decision about Mair. Andy Dowie story from last season all over again; good job well done, but we need somebody stronger for next season.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Lee Mair to be released - Bit surprising unless Archie has a replacement lined up - http://www.eveningti...63288n.24207259

Had a strong feeling Mair would be let go, I noticed on Saturday that when the players came back onto the pitch, he walked towards the North Stand and then just quickly turned back - the first player off the pitch. He must have known he was not going to be a Jags player next season. Moncur was just behind him when leaving.

Good decision by Archie, we need better than Mair if we are to build upon this season.

Read the last line that mcaleers been offered a new deal ? He has stated on his twitter he is leaving , i think thursday/friday so i wouldnt believe this 100% . Very lazy journalism

Unless the on-line article's been edited since you looked at it, it said he isn't being offered a new deal.

Lee Mair has done the exact same job as Andy Dowie did last year. He made a few mistakes, scored a couple of vital goals but most importantly his experience carried a player that was struggling big time (Balatoni) through that, so much so that the defence badly missed Balatoni when he damaged his hand. Job done!