Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

ATS to Celtic , allegedly a done deal and will be announced next week. This from someone who works in the SFA

Disappointed that he'll simply take the easy option, if that's true. Would he make it into their first-team squad, and a game or two in Europe next season? Or back on loan with us....?? Nah, the manky (not manly!!) mob don't have such great players.

Quickly edited..... think I got away with it.....

Edited by Jaggernaut

ATS to Celtic , allegedly a done deal and will be announced next week. This from someone who works in the SFA

Sad that he will be playing against us next season especially with the manky mob, but does that not mean we will get some wonga for him?

Edited by Lindau

Not in the least surprised Lee Mair being released. He was a very good short term signing. Due to injuries, loss of confidence and inexperience amongst our central defence Mair was instrumental in keeping us out of the play offs. Like Dowie tail end of last season and Archie himself at the beginning of the season under McNamara, Lee did what was expected of him.

My one criticism of Mair, which I'm repeating from elsewhere, is that we didn't stop giving daft goals away and while Lee's been a steadying influence (especially on Conrad) he may not have been as authoritative as we require.

Sad that he will be playing against us next season especially with the manky mob, but does that not mean we will get some wonga for him?

Apparently, we will get some training compensation. Not holding my breath though after you see the Dundee United fiasco with Queens Park.

If Celtic are signing him, I am surprised they didn't do a pre-contract in January, makes me a little dubious of this rumour.

Neil Lennon stated he is seeking back-up to Izzaguire. Sinclair is probably a good match. From a smaller club, get him free, relitively cheap, can do a job domestically, young so still improving, played at this level already. For Sinclair he is getting a chance with a huge club, probably quadruples his wages, hopes Izzaguire gets injured, stepping stone to England championship if limited game time or premiership if establishes himself. Good deal all round and wish him the best.

On our news, Archie reported to confirm interest in Taylor and Prince, on permanent deals. Says Prince is easier to deal with as he's been released - both have options elsewhere. Caley fans seem to think Taylor is too them but doubt this.

Erskine apparantly going on loan to Hearts.

Neil Lennon stated he is seeking back-up to Izzaguire. Sinclair is probably a good match. From a smaller club, get him free, relitively cheap, can do a job domestically, young so still improving, played at this level already. For Sinclair he is getting a chance with a huge club, probably quadruples his wages, hopes Izzaguire gets injured, stepping stone to England championship if limited game time or premiership if establishes himself. Good deal all round and wish him the best.

On our news, Archie reported to confirm interest in Taylor and Prince, on permanent deals. Says Prince is easier to deal with as he's been released - both have options elsewhere. Caley fans seem to think Taylor is too them but doubt this.

Erskine apparantly going on loan to Hearts.

Where did you hear all this mate?

Like I said Taylor Erskine and Cairney plus extended contracts for key players would be priorities before Prince for me.

Im surprised that Hearts would take on Erskine on with Levein just in the door yesterday I thought he would be taking a good look through the club for a couple of weeks before he started signing new players

Where did you hear all this mate?

Like I said Taylor Erskine and Cairney plus extended contracts for key players would be priorities before Prince for me.

Im surprised that Hearts would take on Erskine on with Levein just in the door yesterday I thought he would be taking a good look through the club for a couple of weeks before he started signing new players

Cairney would be a great signing I think. He played week in week out when Hibs were second in the league under Fenlon. Set up loads of goals for Griffiths and takes a good corner. Butcher had him wrongly positioned on the left of a four man midfield, where we all know he isn't very good.

The Taylor/ Prince thing was in a local newspaper - Sheffield Telegraph or something. I noticed Sheffield Utd have already offered a bunch of players new contracts/extensions etc with no mention of Taylor returning in their plans to 're-build for next season'.

Erskine was just on the jam tarts forum so could be complete rubbish. Have to admit I saw Hearts bringing in a lot of youngsters, was surprised, but with Stevenson away it would be a good move for them. He's the only player along with Kello getting properly linked at the moment.

Edited by read'n'yell

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/may_2014/contract_update

Contracted to End of Season 2014-2015

• Conrad Balatoni
  • Simon Colina
  • James Craigen
  • Kris Doolan
  • Scott Fox
  • Kallum Higginbotham
  • Declan McDaid
  • Jordan McMillan
  • Aaron Muirhead
  • Stephen O’Donnell
  • Gabriel Piccolo
  • Marc Waters
  • Sean Welsh

Contracted to End of Season 2015-2016

• Stuart Bannigan
  • Jonathon Black
  • Gary Fraser

Out of Contract Players Offered New Deal

• Scott Basalaj
  • Chris Duggan
  • Christie Elliott
  • Lee Gallacher
  • Paul Gallacher
  • Dale Keenan
  • Steven Lawless
  • Jordan Leyden
  • Liam Lindsay
  • Ryan Scully
  • David Wilson

Out of Contract Players Not Offered New Deal

• Darren Brownlie
  • Jamie Hamilton
  • Lee Mair
  • Caolan McAleer
  • Ross Meechan

Our thanks are extended to all players leaving the Club at the end of their contracts.

Situation Being Monitored

• Isaac Osbourne
  • Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

Other

• James Martin – On Loan to KV Turnhout until May 30th 2014.

Loan Players Returning to Club

• Prince Buaben
  • Chris Erskine
  • George Moncur
  • Lyle Taylor

Quite surprised to see Meechan and Brownlie released especially the latter who had been impressing at Cowdenbeath before picking up an injury. Never realised Jonny Black was contracted until 2016, don't think he's kicked a ball this season due to injury but was quite promising for the reserve team last year.

Very surprised about the release of Brownlie, I only managed to see the under 20s once last year but him and Lindsay really stood out. I realise that we have a lot of inexperienced centre backs in our squad but I thought keeping him on and loaning him out would be the best course of action.

I would not have offered Lawless a new deal, he was great for us in the first division but he is to lightweight in the top league for me. Also if we are improving the squad why keep players on who can’t keep a regular team spot down.

For Elliot I would have held back on a contract offer to see what other players become available.

For example if Paul Cairney is freed then I would think he is a better option than Elliott to have in the squad.

We need to bring in 3 or 4 players who have experience at a similar level. If Archie can bring in the right type of experienced player then we can really push for top six.

Scott Vernon has been released from Aberdeen.

He could be a decent foil for Doolan if we can't get Taylor.

Apart from on telly I've never seen him play except for a few minutes against us. Not having my customary go against you, Cup, but when have you seen him play? Or are you just going on TV and general patter.

Not saying yes or no to Vernon but he does seem to have been a regular scorer for many years. Would still prefer Lyle Taylor!

127 appearances in 4 years at Aberdeen with 29 goals. He scored two hatricks this season, if you deduct those then 125 games, 23 goals. About a goal every 5 games, about 7 a season. Not a great record.

Totally agree that Taylor should be our attacking priority signing.

Also I wouldn't bother with Magennis. Scored one goal for Aberdeen and then St Mirren fans were not happy with him either. Although he caused us some bother and scored when Aberdeen hammered us at Firhill, seemed pacy and strong.

Is Barry Douglas worth considering for left-back? Currently playing in Poland but no doubt home-sick!

Dundee United couldn't match what he was being offered in Poland so I would think it very unlikely that we could get near what he is being paid.

That said, he would be a good signing if it were possible.