Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Sheff Und list of free's now up on SSN. No sign of Lyle Taylor and no mention of him getting an extended contract. If he is back at Firhill next season it looks like it will be on loan again

They won't be able to free him as he's under contract. They may tell him he is surplus to requirements and he can find another club but until then they won't be able to let him go.

I would imagine his wages would still be too much for us to pay, does anyone know how much he is on at Sheffield United?

They won't be able to free him as he's under contract. They may tell him he is surplus to requirements and he can find another club but until then they won't be able to let him go.

I would imagine his wages would still be too much for us to pay, does anyone know how much he is on at Sheffield United?

They could pay up his contract and free him, like we have done with several players. Rumoured to be on £2500 a week if you believe the Und fans

SU could come to some agreement to let him go for a nominal fee to free up some wages if he's not in their plans and he wants to go. I'm sure that's what happened with Bolton and Fraser.

We couldn't give him £2500 a week though. I doubt he is even worth £2500 a week.

The rumour on P&B is that Ozzy is being invited back for pre-season training with a view to being resigned.

No rumour (direct quotes from Archie) but I think it'll be unlikely. Ossie would have to prove fitness, want to play here when he's family commitments in the Midlands and be willing to accept a "termed" contract. There's probably little scope for any delayed pre season either. From our point of view a fit Ossie would be a no brainer

• Like 1

No rumour (direct quotes from Archie) but I think it'll be unlikely. Ossie would have to prove fitness, want to play here when he's family commitments in the Midlands and be willing to accept a "termed" contract. There's probably little scope for any delayed pre season either. From our point of view a fit Ossie would be a no brainer

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/sport/partick-thistle/ozzy-must-prove-he-is-fit-for-partick-purpose-163938n.24250089

Evening Times confirms this.

Ryan Stevenson looking for a new club. (Apparently he would be getting 25% of the salary he'd signed up for in his original contract if he stays with Hearts.) Any chance of Thistle being in with a shout?

Turns 30 this summer so maybe not Club policy. Obviously Archie will still bring in experience but I don't think that's required in his position That and he may be out of our price range anyway.

I'd happily start the season with the midfielders and strikers that we ended with. Re-sign Prince, Christie, Esrkine, Taylor and maybe Osborne and I'd wouldn't be concerned if there was nobody new.

Defence needs sorted though. My concern is that, while Balatoni, Gabby and Aero are decent players, they're all a bit similar in terms of lack of experience. I'd like to see us with two experienced central defenders, but can we afford five on the books?

• Like 2

• Members

We need a right hand sided midfielder that's capable of providing support for our right back. That was a big problem last season. Bannigan and ATS did well on the left hand side of the park, we need to replicate that on the right hand side.

We need a right hand sided midfielder that's capable of providing support for our right back. That was a big problem last season. Bannigan and ATS did well on the left hand side of the park, we need to replicate that on the right hand side.

Perhaps more steel in central midfield with Fraser mirroring Bannigan and covering the right flank. Something along the lines of an "Osbourne" in front of a back four sitting behind Fraser and Banzo. In front of them Higgy and an "Erskine" supporting Doolan/ a "Taylor"

I'd happily start the season with the midfielders and strikers that we ended with. Re-sign Prince, Christie, Esrkine, Taylor and maybe Osborne and I'd wouldn't be concerned if there was nobody new.

Defence needs sorted though. My concern is that, while Balatoni, Gabby and Aero are decent players, they're all a bit similar in terms of lack of experience. I'd like to see us with two experienced central defenders, but can we afford five on the books?

I have asked this on another thread, but can anyone tell me why we would want to re-sign Buaben? As a ST holder I have never seen him add anything to the team and would rather use his wage elsewhere and see a youngster blooded into the team. Maybe Buaben adds something to away games that I have not seen in highlights?

Im wondering if we would consider Kane Hemmings again - Must admit I just thought he was another overated/overpaid rangers player. But cant ignore the goals he has scored this season - worth considering if we cant get Taylor, though dont know if he has a bit of a billy big time attitude and that may be the only reason why Archie might not conisder him

A couple of outstanding saves from Ryan Scully, he is the reason the Pars are still in the game, good thinking on Archie's part to offer a new deal to him

I have asked this on another thread, but can anyone tell me why we would want to re-sign Buaben? As a ST holder I have never seen him add anything to the team and would rather use his wage elsewhere and see a youngster blooded into the team. Maybe Buaben adds something to away games that I have not seen in highlights?

Buaben is worth a new contract in my view.

He's a player's player insofar as he does a lot of dirty work for which he won't get noticed, except from his team mates.

However, for me it can only be one of Buaben or Osborne as they are so similar as players.

Frankly it's for Archie to choose which one is of most benefit to Thistle.

Im wondering if we would consider Kane Hemmings again - Must admit I just thought he was another overated/overpaid rangers player. But cant ignore the goals he has scored this season - worth considering if we cant get Taylor, though dont know if he has a bit of a billy big time attitude and that may be the only reason why Archie might not conisder him

A couple of outstanding saves from Ryan Scully, he is the reason the Pars are still in the game, good thinking on Archie's part to offer a new deal to him

Yeah totally agree, but only if we don't get Taylor. He has looked good today and looks a right handful and you can't ignore the goals he had scored this season. He can't be getting much at Cowdenbeath, so he would be worth the risk imo. Scully has had an excellent game. Looks as if this spell at The Pars has been the making of him

He's a player's player insofar as he does a lot of dirty work for which he won't get noticed, except from his team mates.

However, for me it can only be one of Buaben or Osborne as they are so similar as players.

Jury is out for Prince. At times I thought he has looked quite slow and cumbersome - not to sure if he was perhaps injured but certainly wouldnt put him a priority before Taylor, Erskine, Cairney (if possible) and a central defender

Rowser was this type of player, but he got noticed plenty and didn't tend to give the ball away cheaply.

We need another ball winning midfielder, but I don't think that Buaben or Ozzy fit the bill. The team just didn't play good football with Ozzy in the side, despite his barnstorming performances.

Edited by flashman