Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Not quite sure why Kris would be talking about this unless he maybe knows something!!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/partick-thistle/dools-is-still-member-of-jags-lyle-high-club-168581n.24579996

The journalist probably asked him how he felt about Taylor possibly returning. I doubt Kris, or any Jags player, would just talk about that (named signing targets) randomly.

I agree with him and really hope Lyle signs up! Him and Kris to rotate would be great.

McNamara saying he'll be releasing a few. Reckon Erskine coming back to us is a cert, which will leave us needing a striker, defensive mid, left back and a centre-half.

"One or two others who are unlikely to feature regularly next term are set to follow them.

“There will probably be a couple more moving out. I’ve spoken to them or their agents, but right now I’m not going to name them.”"

Chris Jack saying yesterday on Twitter that nothing imminent at Firhill.

Have to admit with the release of Mair & fact that Sinclair being off from a long time back I'm a little surprised we don't have at least one more addition in by now.

It seems we are moving too slow.

Yes, it is important we sign the right players but we risk missing out on some and those we eventually sign will not get a full pre-season with us. Spain training camp is next week, I think, or very soon anyway.

Hopefully Archie has a few things on the go and they just need sorted. The lack of rumours is worrying me, seems only Taylor being linked with us just now. Have a feeling a plethora of unknown trialists will be on the cards again.

Need a couple of signings to get me positive again :P

McNamara saying he'll be releasing a few. Reckon Erskine coming back to us is a cert

I am probably in the minority but I wouldn't bother with Erskine, unless he is cheap. Don't think he offered us much. Saying that, it took him a season to step up to the First Division, maybe he needs a little more time to adapt to the Premiership.

Edited by mhs

So, it's less of a "Three Strikes and yer out" rule, more like "Punch opposing players in the face, racially abuse them, bite them MORE than three times and yer out" rule?

yes, its the may the fourth bite be your last football involvement rule, haven't you heard of it pgb? ;)

Usually start of July things move. Think Archie will have people ready to sign. Taylor situation could be prolonged by his parent club. Certain to be some trialists, every club will have them. I am not too worried at the moment.

All very true actually. Only really Dundee have made a lot of moves so I shouldn't be in a panic, most of our rivals are in the same position.

If we had signed the players Dundee have I for one would not be very impressed.

Spot on. Accumulating a large, reasonable squad but no great quality. I wouldn't want any of their signings so far, considering our squad and the fact we signed Stevenson.

Dundee's best signing could well be Bain. Excellent goalie but not a position we need to look at.

As for Erskine I tend towards signing him but I'm coming from the same view as Mediocre Pundit. Tho' not the most pressing of positions needing filled I think he could provide effective enough cover. He'd enhance the squad tho' there's only limited evidence that he'd play an integral part. The plus points of knowing our set up and his interplay with Doolan swing it for me tho' as I say not the most urgent of signings.

This is the chap who saw nothing wrong with the way the club communicated the NS move -- a position even the club itself didn't agree with.

Only thing I'd say about Chris Jack is that he may not have seen anything wrong with the way the club communicated the a as move is because that's what the club told him to say.

He probably knew about it before the fed reps etc.

Same applies to any comings or goings at the club. If he says nothing imminent, then I'd tend to believe him.

I personally think Ferry, McGowan and McGinn are good signings and Thomson could be as well...

I don't think McGowan or McGinn play in positions that we particularly need more players for. Our priorities are centre back, left back and striker