Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Would hope he'd come to us but Falkirk are going to have some extra cash to throw around for next season with the Hearts/Hibs/h*ns away supports taken into consideration.

he'll be stuck in the first division for at least another 2 years.if we lose a player to Falkirk it would be time to chuck it!

• Like 1

Jeez, I would hope we can offer better terms (and be a more attractive proposition) than Falkirk (simply by virtue of being in a higher league)

Would be great if we could get Lyle back - that would be up front sorted anyway.

Sounds to me as if Houston is taking advantage of the blue pound (and maroon and green pounds) to go back to his old spendthrift ways if he is going to sign Taylor. If they do beat us to the signing I hope he's given a long and expensive contract which will be a millstone when they fail to get promoted.

he'll be stuck in the first division for at least another 2 years.if we lose a player to Falkirk it would be time to chuck it!

No it will just be a sign that some clubs are willing to risk long term stability at the expense of having a go at promotion. To my mind it's crazy doing that this year where Hearts, Hibs and even a badly managed Rangers must be favourites ahead of them.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I cant see Falkirk offering much more or anymore cash than us. A player is far better to ply their trade in the top tier with generally greater exposure. He should look at Sincy's move south and set that as a target.

Really hope we get him and I feel we are genuinely the better option, assuming Falkirk dont offer crazy money.

Edited by mhs

we really need to be sorting this out asap. im surprised its taking so long if we are looking to keep him. i think with last season fresh in his mind we should be a shoe in. we should be the team with greater ambitions. we need to have the players that have been identified by the manager signed before they head to Spain. easier said than done though

I wouldn't be surprised if Doncaster and Co have been knocking back sponsors so they can bring one in when you-know-who gets back and then say "we told you so".

I can get it's maybe harder to sell the league without the bigot-fest but I don't believe it's impossible for them to get some sponsorship. A lesser deal may have had to be accepted but for there to be nothing at all smacks of incompetence - or something else.

What Doncaster and his supporters in the SPFL don''t get is that most clubs can survive without the Old Firm, without TV deals without big league sponsors. If that wasn't true there's only be about 10 clubs in existence just now.

• Like 1

Goodwillie formally released by Blackburn. Would imagine that means he has a new club lined up. I know we were linked with him a while back - wouldn't mind the signing as long as not on much money and as long as he came with an attitude of knuckling down and getting his career back on track.

I would love to see Goodwillie at Firhill. I think he would do a great job for us.

However, it will never happen. We will simply not pay the wages he is looking for and another SPFL club, willing to live out with their means, will.

I would love to see Goodwillie at Firhill. I think he would do a great job for us.

However, it will never happen. We will simply not pay the wages he is looking for and another SPFL club, willing to live out with their means, will.

That is fine by me. Banks are no longer willing to let football clubs have elastic credit. Any club that does spend outwith their means these days will soon find themselves in soapy bubble.

A problem for this thread is that our club are actually doing their job too well. They are not leaking potential moves and are keeping their cards close to their chest (cliché alert) until a deal is done. This is good practice but it makes threads like this a bit dull since we've nothing to base our guesses on. Apart of course that we know certain positions need filling and we know we're definitely after Lyle Taylor - but all that's been a given for quite a while.

Two very good signings.

Indeed they are. In fact, Dundee have made a number of good signings already. I only hope that this time they actually have the money they have agreed to pay.

As much as I would love to see Goodwillie sign for Thistle I reckon he will end up somewhere like Aberdeen.

Edited by Guy Incognito