Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Any other player with Goodwillie's ability I'd take in a heartbeat but the man himself simply has too much baggage, and frankly is too much of a waster who'll likely never sort his head out, so its a no from me.

I'd think that Lyle Taylor would choose us over Falkirk unless they can offer him silly money. Despite what the media seem desperate for everyone to believe, the Championship will absolutely not be a better league than the Premiership next season and hopefully he'll realise this and want to actually test himself and sign for us.

Dundee appear to be making a couple of good signings as well, although not too much from Accies or any of our other rivals that I can see.

• Like 2

Any other player with Goodwillie's ability I'd take in a heartbeat but the man himself simply has too much baggage, and frankly is too much of a waster who'll likely never sort his head out, so its a no from me.

I'd think that Lyle Taylor would choose us over Falkirk unless they can offer him silly money. Despite what the media seem desperate for everyone to believe, the Championship will absolutely not be a better league than the Premiership next season and hopefully he'll realise this and want to actually test himself and sign for us.

Dundee appear to be making a couple of good signings as well, although not too much from Accies or any of our other rivals that I can see.

If David Goodwillie didn't have 'issues' then I have no doubt he wouldn't be saying cheerio to Blackburn Rovers at this point in time, in much the same way as Garry O'Connor could well be Scotland's first choice centre-forward by now if he didn't also have 'issues'.

O'Connor has wasted his talent, sadly, but there is still hope for Goodwillie. That said, if I was advising him I would be telling him to stay the hell away from Glasgow. I don't think he is the right signing for us and, given our location, I don't think we are the right club for him.

Nah **** Goodwillie prob the type that would think he's 2 good for a smaller team that he's been at Blackburn don't think he'd work hard etc ! Lyle Taylor would be ideal bit of quality about him but was still one of our hardest workers hope Archie can get another higgonbotham type signing for an inexperienced manager to get him on a free was brilliant

I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a couple in this week in time for starting pre-season. If Archie after 6 (I'm assuming Stevenson is 1) then surely you want the majority of them with the team when going to Spain?

Ideally I agree with you but one hold up can effect the others. For instance just say the Sunday Mail reports are true about Falkirk and us chasing Taylor, tho' I wouldn't believe it's that simplistic. If that drags on then Archie won't know either how much is left in the kitty or whether we need look elsewhere.

I don't think it should affect some signings as a striker in the Taylor mold is only one of three key positions I think need filled but the same stalling could be happening with a defender. I don't think for one moment that Archie wouldn't want to make his key signings early. But if there's competition for players then he'll hang fire rather than just weigh in and sign players he wants at a cost.

Taylor would improve any team in Scotland out with Celtic. Aberdeen, Killie, St Mirren and Ross County fans have all said they'd take him.

If the does go to Falkirk then I'd assume they are out bidding more than a few SPL clubs.

I can see him coming back to us even if disappointingly Falkirk can pay him more.

See Taylor is the player the club have used for the deadline day advert on FB. Either this is false advertising or surely he will be next to sign on the dotted line this week...............

Good spot.

It wouldn't surprise me if both Taylor & Erskine ended up back at some point in next 8 weeks or so before transfer window shuts.

Ideally you'd like it to be as soon as but you know what these things are like especially if they're still under contract at the other clubs.

They're possibly happy for them to go to free up wages but the players, rightly, hold off for the best deal from their clubs.

Both of those players know the club & the system we play so if they were to come back last minute then they'd be able to slot right in.

Personally I'd like to see the new left back & centre half on the plane with us at pre season.

Don't know anything but wouldn't surprise me if we saw a new face this week.

Good spot.

It wouldn't surprise me if both Taylor & Erskine ended up back at some point in next 8 weeks or so before transfer window shuts.

Ideally you'd like it to be as soon as but you know what these things are like especially if they're still under contract at the other clubs.

They're possibly happy for them to go to free up wages but the players, rightly, hold off for the best deal from their clubs.

Both of those players know the club & the system we play so if they were to come back last minute then they'd be able to slot right in.

Personally I'd like to see the new left back & centre half on the plane with us at pre season.

Don't know anything but wouldn't surprise me if we saw a new face this week.

Saw Erskine in Asda today he was shopping with his family, I thought I probably shouldnt bother him about football but decided to anyway.

He was nothing but polite and delighted to speak to a Partick Thistle supporter. Basically he has to go back to Dundee United begining of July pre season training but does not know what will happen and apart from an email from United to report for pre season training has heard nothing. He would love to play for Partick Thistle again and forever grateful to the club and the Jags fans for taking a chance on him.

Hopefully he will be back.

I expect to see him back. Actually have a good feeling we'll get Taylor too. Which would leave us needing a centre half, a left-back and a defensive midfielder.

If that happened we would have one of the best attacking group of players in the league - with decent back up in Lawless and Craigen too.

I'd feel very confident of us doing well then, provided we get the defensive players we need.

Saw Erskine in Asda today he was shopping with his family, I thought I probably shouldnt bother him about football but decided to anyway.

He was nothing but polite and delighted to speak to a Partick Thistle supporter. Basically he has to go back to Dundee United begining of July pre season training but does not know what will happen and apart from an email from United to report for pre season training has heard nothing. He would love to play for Partick Thistle again and forever grateful to the club and the Jags fans for taking a chance on him.

Hopefully he will be back.

I trust, TL, we're supposed to be reading something between the lines here. On face value an e mail telling someone under contract when to return for work seems efficient enough if a little impersonal. On that alone i wouldn't feel the employee was unwanted.

Btw you didn't happen to check the price of Balvenie Doublewood in Asda? Rarely ever reduced but someone was telling me the other day there was a special offer running just now.

A signing or two this week would be nice and Archie did say in his recent interview with the Evening Times that he wants to get the business done early. There is still also an important backroom appointment be made since we have lost Kenny Chrichton and given we will have a tight squad getting a good physio in will be very important.

A signing or two this week would be nice and Archie did say in his recent interview with the Evening Times that he wants to get the business done early. There is still also an important backroom appointment be made since we have lost Kenny Chrichton and given we will have a tight squad getting a good physio in will be very important.

Mystic Dick has looked into his crystal ball and predicts two signings this week, one of whom has not previously been mentioned in this thread.