Hearts V Kilmarnock

Gingerjag

No two games are alike and at least our players won't be going in with a "we can take it easy" attitude after seeing that result. (Not that they should after the last time we played them). Someone after that game posted here that Hearts are strongest in midfield and we failed to match them there. Hopefully we go with players who can fight for the ball there or at least flood the midfield a bit. Our normal set up allows us to do that actually but it requires our attacking midfield trio to get back quickly when our own attacks break down. It's a game we could do with Osbourne being fit and available. 100% effort from the team though and we should still get something from the game.

following the annihilation we got from hearts at firhill I would hope and expect our players to be keen to make amends. Hearts were put I. A shift of fighting for their lives we need to do the same.

I do share the worry of st mirren taking it easy on Tuesday though

I tend to crap everyday but if you can wait til Wednesday that's okay. By the way during all that Archie must Go palaver wasn't Allan Johnston put on a pedestal as a young manager doing well or did I imagine that?

No idea....never mentioned by me

Keen to see the highlights of the Hearts v Killie match tonight to see what we are up against. Hope Archie was at the game and making notes!

On the plus side, I don't think there is much expectation for us to come away with any points on Wednesday... In the heads of the players it might make them feel either a bit more relaxed knowing this team have beat every one in the bottom six so far or make them give it everything to be the only team not to get beat by them.

Two points now guarantees safety. Even one point sets a target. Big bonus today is that we could even pip Killie on goal difference, which looked impossible before today.

As someone said, every game's different. Hearts looking good but I don't think they're anything to be scared of. Today was a great result for us.

Much as I don't doubt Hearts must have played well, Kilmarnock were long overdue to be found out- the media love in viz. Boydy et al seems to have gone quiet for some unaccountable reason. Much as I was a tad upset at the manner in which we lost the lead yesterday, I remain pretty sanguine about the Hearts game.

Basically, as so often this season if both teams play to their potential, i honestly believe we'll win. Mind you thats been the case repeatedly this season, all we supporters can do on Wednesday is give the team the same great backing we did at Ruby Park and Easter Road.

Edited by stillresigned

Much as I don't doubt Hearts must have played well, Kilmarnock were long overdue to be found out- the media love in viz. Boydy et al seems to have gone quiet for some unaccountable reason. Much as I was a tad upset at the manner in which we lost the lead yesterday, I remain pretty sanguine about the Hearts game.

Media love in re Boyd is quite justified (not often I say that about the media). Fact is BOyd has covered their deficiencies and if he'd got injured for a few games a while back they would be comfortable favourites to go down. I think it's to our team's credit that we've had season-ending injuries to several key players (Osbourne, Welsh, to lesser extent O'Donnell) plus losing other players at various points and still managed to get out of that 11th spot.

All we need is proper commitment from the players and a rub of the green and we should get a result against the Hearts.

I read elsewhere how crap Hibs and Kilmarnock are. I don't consider we're crap yet we're even stevens with both of them on a head to head basis. Same can be said about our head to head with the Jambos going into this game. We're rarely flat away from home, which should even up the fact that Hearts home advantage with its small playing surface is often a significant factor.

I think we have a good chance of three points simply because of the last game. I imagine that failure has been well and truly analysed. Certainly we haven't played that lazily since. Being their last game at home Hearts I'm sure will come out and try to play football, which could be to our advantage.

• Like 1