Hearts Match Thread

Sounds like a fantastic fighting performance by the team, showing all the bottle that was required when truly required. Wish I'd been there.

And thanks to everybody who posted on this thread (even the weird ones): easily the most spine-tingling match thread since the Peterhead play-off one.

:clapping::worship:

Dear Duke, you are so right.... Poor wee Trotter will have to wait AGES to make his next snide comment. It is tragic...

Over the piece, the players did really well tonight. We shipped 2 bad goals but hit back with 4!

Over the season the players have done a great job given their experience and the resources available. One more big effort could be enough to finish in our best position for decades.

Here's hoping that Archie, Shaggy and the players have it in them to make it over the next line. There is room for further improvement and development but I am confident they will work to achieve that.

Hasta la Victoria! Siempre!

bit of a strange team selection tonight.. elliot is useless

you obviously weren't at game. elliott was far from useless

Sounds like Archie has some work to do at half-time.

Co.jpg

'the cup', you really are a fool and an embarrassment.

Don't worry about the defending though.

We're playing some lovely stuff. All that matters.

Archie got this sussed. A free header ok as long as we play nice for the fans!

..... and there's another !

The only thing worse than seeing your team struggling is the fact that some knobs revel in it and seem almost happy to fail just so they can gloat about how they are right and everyone else is wrong.

F@#*ing shameful attitude to wind up your fellow fans.

well said cj.

unfortunately from trotter and co's perspective, they have been proved and wrong, and everyone else right.

You were saying?

will, unless i've missed it in my happy in the haze of a drunken hour, the cup and trotter haven't posted since before we equalised.

funny that. what with them being true thistle supporters and all that jazz.

Four-Two, Four-Two, Four-Two.

The Cup, Trotter, Thistlenowthistleforever, Javajag.....You boys took one hell of a beating tonight.

Archie & Shaggy, you did it. Ya dancer!

#wegotthis

their silence is striking, and golden.

Well done Archie your Jan singnings pulled It out off the bag for us tonight maybe doom and gloom brigade

will give you some credit for the job your doing keep it up your a legend

i won't be holding my breath.

you can ben if you want.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 1

2-2 wee Fraser with a wonderstrike

and what a wonderstrike it was.

well worth the ott £24 admission alone.

Dools on for Taylor .

as taylor went off, the chanting of his name nearly lifted the roof off.

lyle turned round to the jags support, and whipped his arms up and down in a pumping us up even more motion.

thats what i love to see. full bloodied jags passion from both sides.

players and supporters as one. magnificent,

you could see from players celebrations at end how much it meant to them.

Well done to Archie, his staff, his players and for all the suffering fans who have been on the rollercoater ride of this season back in the top flight.

You all deserve it and it's massive for the whole club from the first team right down to the community teams for Thistle to retain their status in the top league.

Everybody can now go and enjoy Saturday and hope you all have a good one (even all the non believers) :cheers:

sometimes you post magnificently bud,

so saturday, you attending jaggyko?

go on you know you want to.

one step closer to the total conversion.

Partick Thistle safe before the final game.

And with 1 game to play.

Top of the bottom 6.

Top scorers in the bottom 6.

Best goal difference of the bottom 6.

Least defeats of the bottom 6.

And all done playing great football.

#wegotthis

Archie's Army.

ran out of likes.

great post. great stats.

great ptfc.

Really wish I could get to the game this weekend. Only been to four matches this season, three defeats and a draw. Payday on Friday... tempted.

you made it to the league trophy presentation game v pars, so you can't miss this one.

I'm driving up to Stoke with the Mrs on Friday night. I'll slip away in the middle of the night and aim to be in Glasgow for opening time at the pub.

good lad.

also good to see you and mr blackpool helping one another out.

jags fans. they go that extra mile (or several hundred).

Couldnt get to the game and gutted that I didnt , working nights this week and I'm in Aberdeen anyway , but watching the highlights already , fabulous performance from the lads again , all the goals were good but Fraser's must rate among one the best of the season and Higgy s blaster was fabulous to watch , his celebration showed how pumped up he was and how much I perceive that he loves this club , my player of the year by a mile , I'll be there on Saturday of course and in the Woodie afterwards , Lets hear it for the Jags !!!!

Fantastic!!!

Great result.

Obviously said through gritted teeth!

Don't worry about the defending though.

We're playing some lovely stuff. All that matters.

Archie got this sussed. A free header ok as long as we play nice for the fans!

Grade 1 knobend that surprise, surprise never posted again after this! Ignore the troll from now on!

One of the best team performances I have ever witnessed from a jags side in the 2nd half. Absolutely stunning. We really should show our intent by getting Lyle Taylor. He ran himself into the ground tonight and gave their back 4 a torrid time. Don't need to say any more about Higgy...the man is a monster. Bit of praise is due as well to two guys that have been scapegoats for some on here. Craigan and Elliot had great games. No failures tonight.....and how awesome was the support tonight? Well done to Archie and Shaggy for sticking to their attacking principles and getting it right up the few malcontents on here. That is as sweet as the victory last night! For once I am so looking forward to going into work today...just to get it up the Sevco fans that have been telling me from Day 1 that we were going down and what they would do to us next season....haha!

Edited by Lindau

Stuck in Dunoon with my sick Mum; gutted I couldn't get there last night. Absolutely brilliant result. Well done to the players, Archie and his team and the support, hope you celebrated long and hard; well the players not so much as I'd love them to finish off their good work in style this Saturday. Didn't even have internet, had to make do with BBC text. Brickin it half time, everything was going pear shaped. What a turnaround; even on BBC text it was thrilling. Just so bloody chuffed. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Stuck in Dunoon with my sick Mum; gutted I couldn't get there last night. Absolutely brilliant result. Well done to the players, Archie and his team and the support, hope you celebrated long and hard; well the players not so much as I'd love them to finish off their good work in style this Saturday. Didn't even have internet, had to make do with BBC text. Brickin it half time, everything was going pear shaped. What a turnaround; even on BBC text it was thrilling. Just so bloody chuffed. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I wondered why you were so quiet MJ (you really should change your name to Bahrain Jag, I'm probably the only Muscat Jag just now!!) Hope all is well with your Mum

Similarly gutted like others that I couldn't get to the game last night - my son trooped home dejectedly at half 5 and white as a sheet after his higher history exam and simply didn't have the energy to go - so therefore couldn't swing it on my own - chuffed to bits with the result and delighted to stay up.

I wondered why you were so quiet MJ (you really should change your name to Bahrain Jag, I'm probably the only Muscat Jag just now!!) Hope all is well with your Mum

Things not so great with my Mum, important to spend as much time as possible with her when I'm home. Think I've missed the opportunity to be Bahrain Jag, moving on to Qatar soon. Hope things are good for you guys in Muscat.

Things not so great with my Mum, important to spend as much time as possible with her when I'm home. Think I've missed the opportunity to be Bahrain Jag, moving on to Qatar soon. Hope things are good for you guys in Muscat.

Hey Alan

Hope your Mum picks up.

If you can get to Saturdays game let me know as I am just home from Qatar.

all the best

TC