Hamilton-Hibs

Albert's Ghost

Dundee lost out to County for Cardle so that would suggest they won't be over spending.

And it looks like they have their strike force for next season with Stewart from Cowdenbeath and Roberts from Falkirk. Would take Dools and Lyle every day of the week over those two. Just hope the board can see the signs about us cementing our place in the league and try their hardest to get Taylor back

Edited by Lindau

Also, I think the way we handled the Split From Hell this time will hold us in very good stead should we find ourselves in the dog fight again next year.

I can honestly see us finishing above Accies, Dundee, Killie and probably / possibly Ross County and St Mirren. Much will depend, of course, on that 2 or 3 key signings we need to make (very much including LT) plus the health of Sean Welsh and maybe even Ozzy if he's still around.

Anyway, Auld Reekie without a top flight club to boast, eh? A wee shame so it is.

If Butcher stays, he'll be re-acquainted with Bigotbrox at least twice next season. Heh heh heh.

An Accies pal of mine texted me "Best day in 35 years going to see the Accies". :thumbsup2:

The fact that of Hearts/Hibs/Sevco their best possible scenario is that only two of them can get promoted next season is fun in itself. I doubt I'm alone in believing that the chances are only one of yon trio will be in the top league the season after next. This is so funny but also so good for Scottish football.

Over to you, Mr Doncaster :D

Chris Robinson, the chief executive of Hearts who along with Hibernian called for the second vote, said: "I'm happy with the outcome. It is a good day for football."

Ah Karma....ten years on but never a truer word spoken Mr Pieman!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2381565/Inverness-promoted-as-Partick-appeal-rejected.html

Edited by sick in the basin
  • Like 1

I think Dundee will throw money about again and survive fairly comfortably.

They only threw money about they didn't have in the past: that's why they went into administration - three times I believe. Their crowds are better than ours but not massively so. So while their income may be a bit better than ours there won't be a huge difference. And don't forget we've been getting some good SPL crowds and TV money which should easily make up the difference. We're also keeping a good core of a team which has a year's tough SPL experience.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

They only threw money about they didn't have in the past: that's why they went into administration - three times I believe. Their crowds are a bit better than ours but not massively so. So while their income may be a bit better than ours there won't be a huge difference. And don't forget we've been getting some good SPL crowds and TV money which should easily make up the difference. We're also keeping a good core of a team which has a year's tough SPL experience.

Aye, but those crowds included Hearts,Aberdeen and Celtic twice, not to mention Dundee Utd 1st game of the season. I guess our home crowds will be vastly reduced next season

Theoretically the loss of the Hibee away support shouldn't make much difference as all our competitors will feel the same pinch. I think tho' that as we appear to be more balance sheet orientated than the likes of Ross Co etc then today's result maybe goes against us. If we end up higher placed than we might have had a rejuvenated Hibernian remained then we could be quids in.

Unless it's changed since the last time we were up, then I don't think there's any guarantee we'll get the "reverse" fixtures from the season just finished i.e. Aberdeen away twice pre split.

The only thing I'd be expecting is Celtic once at home, probably on or around new year. Even then... last time we were up we got Celtic at home twice and Rangers once both seasons.

• Like 1

Theoretically the loss of the Hibee away support shouldn't make much difference as all our competitors will feel the same pinch. I think tho' that as we appear to be more balance sheet orientated than the likes of Ross Co etc then today's result maybe goes against us. If we end up higher placed than we might have had a rejuvenated Hibernian remained then we could be quids in.

while the absence of Hibs will affect us a bit attendance wise it will be a bigger affect on the Dundee teams and Aberdeen. Hamilton are likely to bring more people to firhill than they will to Dundee Aberdeen etc

Didn't have the opportunity of watching the game as it was on the relatively obscure BT channel., But three of us were all of the opinion that sending an inexperienced 18 year old up in front of an 18000 crowd to take a must score penalty was incredibly poor man management.

Maybe Hibs had decided to go for the Rangers pound plus the Edinburgh derby? Though what exactly the blue pound will be worth next season is anybody's guess.

Chris Robinson, the chief executive of Hearts who along with Hibernian called for the second vote, said: "I'm happy with the outcome. It is a good day for football."

Ah Karma....ten years on but never a truer word spoken Mr Pieman!

http://www.telegraph...l-rejected.html

Somebody posted this link on pie and bovril, with a message to tarts and fibs fans to let it sink in:

http://www.telegraph...ion-appeal.html

I think we can safely say the following will be in the top six next season: Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell.

Probably St. Johnstone too.

So at least one space up for grabs for: us, Inverness CT (managed by a buffoon), Kilmarnock (managed by a buffon and surely losing Boyd), St. Mirren (managed by a buffoon), Ross County (managed by an ********* - losing a number of good players), Dundee, Hamilton (both promoted).

We've got just as good a chance as anyone to get that spot. We should definitely be looking to finish higher than 10th.

• Like 4