How Should We Approach The Game?

cyprusjag

We should approach the game with a good song.

One of the staples on the DJ's playlist is vastly improved if the meaningless Ladi Ladi Ladi Ladio is replaced by Archie Archie Archie Archi-o.

That's one thing I'm not looking forward to this season. That song is bloody torture!

I think it's safe to say we'll start with our usual formation. Questions around most positions on the park, interesting to see who gets the nod! I have a feeling it'll go as follows, if as reported Bannigan is short of fitness. I'd be pretty confident about our defensive ability down the right, but it makes us look a bit uncertain on the left.

--------------------Gallacher-----------------

McMillan----Balatoni----Seabourne---Keenan

------------Osman------Fraser------------------

Elliot-----------Stevenson--------------Higgy

---------------Dooooooolan-----------------

No matter how we approach this game, I can't see Dross County engaging in anything like a football match. I expect them as per usual to hit high balls in the air and chase them and in addition, to play for set-pieces which will afford them more opportunities for their beloved high ball. Ipso facto, we've got to be wise to this tactic and ensure we don't give away easy possession and/or goals.

Going along to Firhill tonight, I'm under no illusions as to how County are going to play, its up to Thistle to put Adams in another wee strop and play them off the park.

No matter how we approach this game, I can't see Dross County engaging in anything like a football match. I expect them as per usual to hit high balls in the air and chase them and in addition, to play for set-pieces which will afford them more opportunities for their beloved high ball. Ipso facto, we've got to be wise to this tactic and ensure we don't give away easy possession and/or goals.

Going along to Firhill tonight, I'm under no illusions as to how County are going to play, its up to Thistle to put Adams in another wee strop and play them off the park.

Think they will only attempt to play football when they're trying to feed the ball to Kiss. No doubt this will be done by giving the ball to Carey who will punt the ball to Jervis and hope that it'll bounce about to find Kiss. As long as we're wise to that, we should be fine.

Big risk playing Keenan in a game like this. When/if we bring in another centre back and left back would like to see Dale go out on loan as well as Lindsay.

If it's a big risk playing him in a game like this we would've been as well releasing him in the summer or no bother playing him in any pre-season games. Probably the least risky game we'll have all season. Canny be any worse than the other options. Edited by The Legend Blows

It would appear we are approaching it without a striker - strange for a home game. Perhaps playing for a draw (which I would take).

No offence but please. Playing for a draw in the first game of the season at home to RC. Give me strength. Will of course end up a draw (0-0) but Archie would be as well chucking it if he tells them to play for draw.

What's the team? And any streams?

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Daniel Seaborne, Conrad Balatoni, Staurt Bannigan, Ryan Stevenson, Steven Lawless, Kallum Higginbotham, Jordan McMillan, Abdul Osman, Gary Fraser.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, Aaron Muirhead, James Craigen, Kris Doolan, Christie Elliott, Declan McDaid, Dale Keenan.

God knows how that lines up.

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Daniel Seaborne, Conrad Balatoni, Staurt Bannigan, Ryan Stevenson, Steven Lawless, Kallum Higginbotham, Jordan McMillan, Abdul Osman, Gary Fraser.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, Aaron Muirhead, James Craigen, Kris Doolan, Christie Elliott, Declan McDaid, Dale Keenan.

God knows how that lines up.

I'll have a go at

Fox

SOD Conrad Airborne Jordan

Fraser Osman

Higgy Lawless Banzo

Ryan

OR

Fox

Jordan Conrad Airborne Banzo

Fraser Osman

SOD Lawless Higgy

Ryan

What's the point in signing another striker if the manager will not play even select one? Especially in the first home game against the team that finished only two points above us last season!

Have to agree, it's a strange one.

Also Stevenson scored eight goals in the league last season (in an admittedly handicapped Hearts team).

Five of those were in the last 6 games (two against us and three against Kilmarnock).

But, hey - In Archie we trust, so let's await the outcome before being overly analytical or critical.