V Aberdeen, Saturday 30Th September 2014

stillresigned

I am interested to know how you can say Hamilton are one of the 2 weakest teams in the league. As it stands at the moment they are actually the strongest team in the league and looking like 4 wins in a row for them - certainly the form team.

Who could have predicted their start to the season? When we played them last week we thought we were playing against a team that was a candidate for relegation (might still be tbh)

Who could have predicted their start to the season? When we played them last week we thought we were playing against a team that was a candidate for relegation (might still be tbh)

Well, it happens season after season that the promoted team starts well - we did it, Ross County did it. And by the way, you made your post after they had won 3 in a row, and Dundee have still to lose. We have beaten one of the 2 weakest teams in the league already. As it was at the end of last season, the St Mirren game is already looking like a really important game.

Its also 5 games in, a lot will change over the next 33 games

Not denying that for a second.

I think people here have got carried away with the quality of our team since promotion, there were a lot of posts last season and this claiming we could make the top 6/go on cup runs etc and that our team, particularly in midfield is better than it is. We are, at best and as was shown last year, one of the weaker teams in the league.

I think a lot of people, myself included, were optimistic at the start of the summer that we would really strengthen following survival and look to have a more comfortable time this season. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to have transpired and we are most likely going to have another long, tough season ahead of us where finishing 10th would be a fantastic achievement.

BTW I am not criticing Archie here, these are pretty heady heights for our club and I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 and a bit seasons. There is no reason we can't, in my eyes, look to become a long term fixture in this league and emulate what your St Johnstone's and Inverness' have done of late but IMO we are still quite someway behind them.

Lawless on for Stevenson. IMO Lawless should have started ahead of Stevenson. In fact, my 82 year old neighbour should start ahead of Stevenson.

I really don't understand our starting line up today.

Bringing on Dools ,moving Stevenson back and then subbing him is becoming a predictable pattern.Not doing Dools or Stevenson any favours. Dools should be playing.

Stevenson, who isn't a lone striker to begin, with is then asked to play in in his more favoured position when he's knackard.Iv'e never ever criticized Archie on the forum but this is a bad joke repeating itself.

Edited by angry gaz