Mcfadden

thornwoodjag

Ok Mr Beattie. Over to you and the BoD to show us there is an increased playing budget. With the signings made in the summer, I find it hard to believe that there is no money left. And if it has gone, well it doesn't seem that the budget was increased that much unless someone has agreed ridiculously generous terms with new players.

If the budgets gone we must be paying a fortune for Stevenson, we lost players last year so wages freed up increased our budget and brought few in

in what way andy mate on the pitch? Do u know something?

Third Lanark, I have no insider knowledge, this is just a guess and it may well be a load of tosh.

If Archie has no plan "B", that's not to say that the BoD haven't.

James McFadden has been training with us for a couple of months, he is a free agent and still a pretty decent player, why is he still kicking about? Every week McFadden gets to know our players better, their personalities, strenghths and weaknesses etc. McFadden knows his playing career is coming to a close and probably would like to get into coaching / management.

At the St Mirren league game Ian McCall is paraded out at half time (found that a bit odd) and gets a pretty good reaction off the support. LIB on this forum says, that McCall sees himself in the role as director of football, this would of course not work with Archie as manager, but would be a very acceptable with McFadden as player manager.

Did Archie ever get that improved contract that he was supposed to be offered at the start of the summer? Did Archie really ever get a bigger budget for players?

So TL, as I say it's just a guess, but I would not be in a state of shock to find out one day soon that James McFadden was our new manager with Ian McCall as the director of football.

It's a funny old game.

Third Lanark, I have no insider knowledge, this is just a guess and it may well be a load of tosh.

If Archie has no plan "B", that's not to say that the BoD haven't.

James McFadden has been training with us for a couple of months, he is a free agent and still a pretty decent player, why is he still kicking about? Every week McFadden gets to know our players better, their personalities, strenghths and weaknesses etc. McFadden knows his playing career is coming to a close and probably would like to get into coaching / management.

At the St Mirren league game Ian McCall is paraded out at half time (found that a bit odd) and gets a pretty good reaction off the support. LIB on this forum says, that McCall sees himself in the role as director of football, this would of course not work with Archie as manager, but would be a very acceptable with McFadden as player manager.

Did Archie ever get that improved contract that he was supposed to be offered at the start of the summer? Did Archie really ever get a bigger budget for players?

So TL, as I say it's just a guess, but I would not be in a state of shock to find out one day soon that James McFadden was our new manager with Ian McCall as the director of football.

It's a funny old game.

Let's try and keep the thread serious, please.

Maybe if more fans bought season tickets or turned up to the games we could sign McFadden.

Got a feeling our crowds are just going to get less and less. 100 fans extra a week is 2000 to the club. 18 times a season is 36 grand! For a small amount of fans. Every person turning up really does count. If anyone ever thinks I may or may not go. Just go!

All this talk of McFadden...... if for some reason we signed him, he would probably turn out to be another over-the-hill dud, and then what would people have to say about Archie squandering money!

Unless we sign him we will never know. 'Probably' doesn't do it for me, I would rather be optimistic about it.

Every signing has a risk factor. The risk factor in signing McFadden would be higher than normal but for me it's a risk worth taking.

Unless we sign him we will never know. 'Probably' doesn't do it for me, I would rather be optimistic about it.

Every signing has a risk factor. The risk factor in signing McFadden would be higher than normal but for me it's a risk worth taking.

The ONLY reason to sign McFadden is that you think it would improve the team so maybe put him in Stevensons place.....

It's never really been explained why no one else wants him?

Maybe if more fans bought season tickets or turned up to the games we could sign McFadden.

Got a feeling our crowds are just going to get less and less. 100 fans extra a week is 2000 to the club. 18 times a season is 36 grand! For a small amount of fans. Every person turning up really does count. If anyone ever thinks I may or may not go. Just go!

This is a bit of a circular arguement. Whilst I agree with the sentiment, last year I bought a season ticket and was treated to the grand total of 2 home wins. Excepting the promotion season, the team over a number of years has failed to perform in front of big crowds (Real Scottish football v Morton; Aberdeen, St Mirren and especially Motherwell just before New Year last season etc.). A good performance coupled with a win would likely have encouraged some of those fans to come back and increased the funds available for players.

Last year the players also blew the opportunity of a significant sum of additional funding when we finished 10th rather than 7th after a poor result on the last day of the season.

Edited by flashman

Unless we sign him we will never know.

Don't quite understand your logic there. If he signed for a club of similar stature to us or higher and was successful there it's fairly safe to say he'd likely have done the biz for us. If he went to Brechin and got subbed early in more games than not then we could easily draw another conclusion.

Btw I'm not sure the "bums on seats" argument would apply. Might well have done for season ticket sales but attendances would only go some way to compensating cost if he was playing and playing well at that. Very few folk indeed are going to be swayed to turning up just to watch a fella come off the bench now and again.