Mcfadden

thornwoodjag

The notion that Seaborne is a "crock" is a "crock of shite".

He's been elbowed in the face, forcing him to get bandaged up and treated for concussion, missed ONE game to a niggle picked up in training, and been subbed after getting cut in the eye on Saturday.

It's a little bit premature to say that he is "injury prone" on the basis of two above-the-neck injuries.

The notion that Seaborne is a "crock" is a "crock of shite".

He's been elbowed in the face, forcing him to get bandaged up and treated for concussion, missed ONE game to a niggle picked up in training, and been subbed after getting cut in the eye on Saturday.

It's a little bit premature to say that he is "injury prone" on the basis of two above-the-neck injuries.

He missed the Hamilton and Morton games with one injury and the St Mirren league game with another so that's 3 games plus more than half of Saturday. Don't know if it was the injury vs ICT that was re-opened vs Killie.

Don't quite understand your logic there. If he signed for a club of similar stature to us or higher and was successful there it's fairly safe to say he'd likely have done the biz for us. If he went to Brechin and got subbed early in more games than not then we could easily draw another conclusion.

Btw I'm not sure the "bums on seats" argument would apply. Might well have done for season ticket sales but attendances would only go some way to compensating cost if he was playing and playing well at that. Very few folk indeed are going to be swayed to turning up just to watch a fella come off the bench now and again.

My logic is simply that there is no way of telling how good a player he would be/could have been for us unless we sign him. Everything else is hypothetical.

Some players feel at home at clubs, fit in to the system and perform well. Others don't. How often have you seen a player playing poorly for a team and then going somewhere else and playing fantastically well - or vice versa? So, when he signs for someone else, and performs well or badly I don't think it necessarily means he would have performed exactly the same for us. More to the point - who cares? By then he will be obviously playing for another team and all we would be discussing is what might have been.

You've already got him coming off the bench every now and then. Using hypothetical logic, who is to say he wouldn't start most games and score 15 goals for us this season?

I'm not saying McFadden would be good for us. I'm saying he could be good for us and I think it would be worth taking the risk signing him. Others are being dismissive of a player who has 48 caps for his country and is only 31, without really knowing for sure that he would fail.

Magic Thistle ..well done.. get him fit and then away he goes to a team in and about us in the league..I give up the signings and lack of them are seriously worrying, the tactics/subs stink when need to mix it up and the place needs a lift, McFadden would have been ideal, even if we gave him a trial.. worried for rest of season, hope I'm wrong but in games so far some of it has been pretty desperate as well as flashes of what we could be with some added quality, also while i'm on here Elliot & Craigen & Muirhead are simply not good enough at this level.

Edited by thestreets
  • Like 1

Story I've heard from a couple of folk now is there is no money. We overspent last January moving players on & bringing others in.

That on top of the boys that have been brought in during the Summer being on higher wages than those who have left means we need to balance the books.

We're all stuck with what we got- players, management, BoD.

Story I've heard from a couple of folk now is there is no money. We overspent last January moving players on & bringing others in.

That on top of the boys that have been brought in during the Summer being on higher wages than those who have left means we need to balance the books.

So it comes down to who we can swap Stevenson for in January?

If that's the case then maybe the chairman should give us an explanation after his STV interview after the Hearts game last season!!

If that's the case then maybe the chairman should give us an explanation after his STV interview after the Hearts game last season!!

Anyone seen or heard from our esteemed chairman since he was telling the fans about moving Piccolo on during the Summer?

Someone on this board must know or have links with the club. Perhaps they could out this to him and ask him to confirm or deny & further explain his comments from last May?

Magic Thistle ..well done.. get him fit and then away he goes to a team in and about us in the league..I give up the signings and lack of them are seriously worrying, the tactics/subs stink when need to mix it up and the place needs a lift, McFadden would have been ideal, even if we gave him a trial.. worried for rest of season, hope I'm wrong but in games so far some of it has been pretty desperate as well as flashes of what we could be with some added quality, also while i'm on here Elliot & Craigen & Muirhead are simply not good enough at this level.

In the spring of 1970 Davy Wilson, ex-h un and at the time playing for Dundee Utd scored a goal at Firhill that virtually ensured our first-ever relegation from the top flight. It was a dreadful moment, and the irony of it was that Wilson trained at Firhill with the Thistle squad rather that travelling up to Dundee every day.

This McFadden scenario is starting to take on worrying similarities with Wilson's....

Or is my mind too fertile/addled?