Dundee United

ThickAsThieves

Just seen the goal on Sky Sports. Cifti was at least a yard offside in the build up to the penalty.

Yeah, and Frank Lampard was a yard offside for Aguero's first today, and look what happened there.

So what?

We've got to get better at getting results in this league - that's the issue.

Although we did well, it was another late goal conceded, and another loss. We must start securing our own future in this league, because we cannot rely on getting a favourable set of results like today's too often.

PS - not against your post DP, just frustrated at another hard luck story.

Edited by Barney Rubble

If games were 85 minutes long we'd be a top 4 team.

Well 85 minutes or we had a decent manager that knew how to close a game out.

Really, our manager's rubbish because we've narrowly lost away to a better resourced side with better players (including two of our best players from our promotion winning side)? Frustrating yes, but I don't think today reflects particularly badly on the manager myself.

About this time last year, after a run of heavy defeats, you made the point that you could take the defeats, provided we were at least competitive. Your comment here doesn't square with that.

• Like 2

Just in from Tannadice disappointed but not disallusioned, thought the team gave their all and were unlucky not to get something out the game especially when Elliot hit the bar . Doolan played well today not giving their defence a moments peace but probably our team would have done better if someone had been playing slightly behind him ( maybe Lawless) to pick up the balls he did win.

The main criticism I've got is why put on Stevenson last 10 mins upfront when you've got a guy who's played centre forward ( Ecclestone) for most of his career sitting on the bench.

Get Your

BOABBY BOGSHITE

Figure Now, In All Good Toyshops!!

Enjoy The Over-Opinionated Ramblings Of The Miserable Internet Huffer In Your Own Home!

Comes In Your Team's Colours - "Angry Boil" Red & "Talking Pish" Yellow!!

Features A Complete Lack Of Articulation!!!

Pull The String And Your Figure Will Repeat, Over And Over Again, One Of These Hilarious Phrases*:

"Sack The Manager!"

"He Never Learns!"

"Why Did He Sign Him And Not Him?"

"He's Lost The Dressing Room! I'm In The Know!"

*Batteries Not Included. Will Not Work If Thistle Win.

• Like 1

Thought we were a bit unlucky to lose that game. We played well and were the better team. Super support made the journey up there, well done to all that made the journey. Looking forward to hearing what they thought of the game. The difference between the teams is that they have a big centre forward full of guile. He ran the length of the pitch and shrugged off our defence to win the penalty. We played well and will pick up enough points to stay up.

• Like 1

For once the goal in the last 10 minutes can't be attributed to the manager's tactics.

I think it would've been harsh to change a winning team as was vs Motherwell also but here's my question.

Do you think it's time for Ecclestone to get a run up front? I am a Doolan fan but he's not scoring enough for me. if we're playing Craigen (& I'm a fan btw) then I think our two most central forward thinking players aren't the most composed in the box.

I think that was evident on a number of occasions today again & whilst I would never fault either of them for effort that, the guy we're paying a good wage to get us the goals should be fit by now & given the chance to show he's worth the money we're paying him.

Not too disheartened by the performance today. United are a really strong side and we played them off the park for large periods of the game. In the end it was a dodgy decision from the ref that led to their penalty and denied us what should have been a well earned point.

Here's my ratings...

Fox - 8

Best performance so far this season. Closed down Ciftci well when 1 on 1. Something he's been guilty of ******* up in the past.

SOD - 7

Caused real problems when going forward. Good solid game and apart from a couple of slack passes he would have had 8.

Balatoni - 7

Does so much better with Seabo talking him through the game. At one point played a great one two with McMillen and found himself in space in the final third. Panicked and passed back to Banzo in midfield!

Seaborne - 8.5

What a find. Confident and assured on the ball as well as being a leader on the park. Dominated at the back today. Ciftci finally got the better of him but as I said, the guy had a 2 yard head start thanks to the linesman.

McMillen - 9

Much more attacking today and had one of his best game for Thistle that I've seen. Crisp tackling (aside from the yellow card challenge) his reading of the game is superb.

Osman - 8

Solid as a rock. Getting booed from the Arab support just goes to show how good a job he does. Not much got passed him and he rarely list the ball.

Banzo - 6.5

Quieter from Banzo today. Seemed to lack energy but still occasionally found space to bound forward.

Craigen - 5

If only his ability matched his work-rate and enthusiasm then Jimmy would be a top player. Moments of magic today but not enough of them for me.

Lawless - 6

Had a decent game. Caused some problems when he found space but United did a good job containing him. Denied by a good save from Cierzniak.

Elliot - 8

I though he was great today. Good physical presence on the wing and was unlucky with his looping shot that hit the bar. With Higgy missing I have no problem starting with Christie.

Doolan - 7

Ran his socks off and although we played well as a team, Dools only had scraps to feed on today. Still caused problems and forced another good save from Cierzniak.

Stevenson I doubt touched the ball when he came on.

Anyway. Onwards and upwards...

Edited by partick monkey

Get Your

BOABBY BOGSHITE

Enjoy The Over-Opinionated Ramblings Of The Miserable Internet Huffer In Your Own Home!

Pull The String And Your Figure Will Repeat, Over And Over Again, One Of These Hilarious Phrases*:

"Sack The Manager!"

"He Never Learns!"

You seem very odd. Always quick to shout down others yet don't bother to support the team yourself despite constantly moaning at others for their criticism. It's very easy to snipe at others yet no bother your arse to go and support the team yourself.

• Like 1

Hard kick to the baws, never deserved to lose today, but the team put a good shift in today. Seemingly there goal was offside, but just goes to show what shitty officials we have. Osman was elbowed by ciftci which was meant, but play was nt stopped until fox kicked the ball out of play about 1 minute after osman went down, but as soon as a united player went down holding his face play was stopped immediately.

Not too disheartened by the performance today. United are a really strong side and we played them off the park for large periods of the game. In the end it was a dodgy decision from the ref that led to their penalty and denied us what should have been a well earned point.

Here's my ratings...

Only just found out about the question of offside. Neither myself or any around me questioned the decision at the time. Real shame as well for Seaborne if that's the case. Broadly agree with your ratings. Also didn't see much of the collective naivety we've been guilty of in previous defeats. Seems strange after a defeat but I'm in no way less optimistic about our chances this season than before the game.

Hard kick to the baws, never deserved to lose today, but the team put a good shift in today. Seemingly there goal was offside, but just goes to show what shitty officials we have. Osman was elbowed by ciftci which was meant, but play was nt stopped until fox kicked the ball out of play about 1 minute after osman went down, but as soon as a united player went down holding his face play was stopped immediately.

Can't disagree about the specifics but talking purely relatively I quite liked the way the game was refereed today. Maybe I've just witnessed too much total incompetence already this season but I thought the ref didn't get that much wrong. Obviously he had to reverse a free kick decision late on in our favour and he probably let Morris away with being overly physical but that's small beer compared to other refs. If we were robbed then it was the linesman at fault.

Get Your

BOABBY BOGSHITE

"Sack The Manager!"

"He Never Learns!"

Jings....

You seem very odd. Always quick to shout down others yet don't bother to support the team yourself despite constantly moaning at others for their criticism. It's very easy to snipe at others yet no bother your arse to go and support the team yourself.

That's pretty laughable and shows you don't know much about my posting history. It's really not that difficult to look up, you know. Are you The Cup's mum or something? If not, you seem very odd. Happily welcoming posts which monotonously shout down the team they claim to support, and quick to moan at anyone who gets sick of their relentless, predictable criticism. Do you enjoy sniping at others when sitting on your "holier-than-thou", "I-go-to-the-most-games" throne? I guess it's very easy to talk tripe about the manager when you're a know-it-all armchair expert.

I can't stand people who just have to pull out their "Better Fan" badge, as if that gives them a free pass to talk shite. Maybe it's miseryholes like them, and people like you, which are choking our club and stopping the home attendances ever rising above a couple thousand this season. Perhaps if you change your ways Firhill might actually become a more welcoming place for once?

But no, let's just moan, moan, and moan some more - and if you don't moan, then you're not a real fan who doesn't bother his arse to support the team. Because that line of reasoning makes so much sense.

Go ahead and tell me how many games have I been to this season. Would you like me to post my bank account details, so you can decide whether or not I should have been able to afford to attend today's game? Shall I post scans of the ticket stubs of the games I've been at this year? Should I list every match I have been to in the past 22 seasons, so you can decide if I have attended a sufficient amount to post here? Maybe judgemental ***** who tell me that I "don't bother to support my team", aren't the real fans? Crazy thought.

I come on here to read what people's opinions of the game were today, and as has been said, sounds like the result was harsh, we were unlucky to lose, etc., etc. But whoops, here's (one of) the usual suspects claiming, "It's because we've got a manager who doesn't know how to close out the game." Pretty much verbatim after every. Single. Game. But I guess that's okay because they pass your secret attendance test.

I mean, wow.

Thistle forums of the past used to be pretty enjoyable places to regularly visit, in the OLAS and .net days; funny, informative, and a real sense of community. And what the online Jags community has been reduced to now, is interminable pun "comedy" and "Archie Must Go" threads, in seemingly constant, brain-numbing rotation. I really wish there was someplace else to go to discuss Thistle that wasn't this misery masturbation contest or the brain-death of Pie & Bovril. Alas, alas, alas.

Ah, there's nothing like being a Jags fan.

Really, our manager's rubbish because we've narrowly lost away to a better resourced side with better players (including two of our best players from our promotion winning side)? Frustrating yes, but I don't think today reflects particularly badly on the manager myself.

About this time last year, after a run of heavy defeats, you made the point that you could take the defeats, provided we were at least competitive. Your comment here doesn't square with that.

The only issue with this argument is Hamilton.....how can they do do well with their resources ?

That's pretty laughable and shows you don't know much about my posting history. It's really not that difficult to look up, you know. Are you The Cup's mum or something? If not, you seem very odd. Happily welcoming posts which monotonously shout down the team they claim to support, and quick to moan at anyone who gets sick of their relentless, predictable criticism. Do you enjoy sniping at others when sitting on your "holier-than-thou", "I-go-to-the-most-games" throne? I guess it's very easy to talk tripe about the manager when you're a know-it-all armchair expert.

I can't stand people who just have to pull out their "Better Fan" badge, as if that gives them a free pass to talk shite. Maybe it's miseryholes like them, and people like you, which are choking our club and stopping the home attendances ever rising above a couple thousand this season. Perhaps if you change your ways Firhill might actually become a more welcoming place for once?

But no, let's just moan, moan, and moan some more - and if you don't moan, then you're not a real fan who doesn't bother his arse to support the team. Because that line of reasoning makes so much sense.

Go ahead and tell me how many games have I been to this season. Would you like me to post my bank account details, so you can decide whether or not I should have been able to afford to attend today's game? Shall I post scans of the ticket stubs of the games I've been at this year? Should I list every match I have been to in the past 22 seasons, so you can decide if I have attended a sufficient amount to post here? Maybe judgemental ***** who tell me that I "don't bother to support my team", aren't the real fans? Crazy thought.

I come on here to read what people's opinions of the game were today, and as has been said, sounds like the result was harsh, we were unlucky to lose, etc., etc. But whoops, here's (one of) the usual suspects claiming, "It's because we've got a manager who doesn't know how to close out the game." Pretty much verbatim after every. Single. Game. But I guess that's okay because they pass your secret attendance test.

I mean, wow.

Thistle forums of the past used to be pretty enjoyable places to regularly visit, in the OLAS and .net days; funny, informative, and a real sense of community. And what the online Jags community has been reduced to now, is interminable pun "comedy" and "Archie Must Go" threads, in seemingly constant, brain-numbing rotation. I really wish there was someplace else to go to discuss Thistle that wasn't this misery masturbation contest or the brain-death of Pie & Bovril. Alas, alas, alas.

Ah, there's nothing like being a Jags fan.

Holy shit.

You should stop posting chief. You're doing yourself no favours.