So Who's Up For The Celtic Game?

The Sunnylaw Jag

I tore a calf muscle last week so was unable to go to the game on Saturday. Thank God. However, I'm hoping to travel to Firhill on Wednesday and support my team on against Celtic. Having not been there on Saturday, somehow makes it easier to move on from the mess that it was. I think there are problems with team selection and application at the moment however I don't believe we will go into deep Hibs meltdown ( although if we sack Archie; Butcher is still available).

I watched the Celtic game on Saturday and was bemused to hear Dundee have only beaten Celtic once in the last thirty nine attempts; our record is better than that. I also know that to see us beat Celtic, you have to see the Jags get humped more often than not but still to be there on the night we beat them is a great thing that lasts longer in the memory than the bitter taste of defeat.

So let's get behind our team on Wednesday and maybe the real Partick Thistle we know and love will turn up.

However, if you are one of those supporters that the Old Firm bring out the worst and you spew your latent bigotry / hatred out on the opposition don't bother turning up your an insult to the rest of us and what we stand for.

I am not glossing over our shortfalls and deficiencies at the moment but bitter fighting among us Jags fans is not what I signed up for. In fact what's so depressing about the forum today is that we are so down we haven't even gloated over Rangers / Sevco / the Govan horde getting beat today . . . so far. So come on Thistle and remember FTOF!

If the players take the attitude of the people on this forum then we're definitely phekked. Over-reaction to a couple of poor performances is dangerous. Confidence and attitude runs right through the club and fans, and fans have been quick to congratulate themselves in the good times.

The fans could turn the whole season sour if they don't get a grip.

• Like 1

It's not the fans turning things sour.

And it's not just a couple of games - first St Mirren game at Firhill, Killie away, Motherwell away to name but a few.

So I don't think there's any over-reaction.

But we're all entitled to an opinion.

I'm afraid it looks to me like it is the fans turning things sour. The team have played a couple of bad games but I'm sure it wasn't their intention, and I'm sure they'll be determined to turn things around rather than chucking the toys out the pram and blaming everyone, like people on here.

And it has been two games. Before that we had inconsistency, with the games you mention interspersed with good performances against Hamilton and Dundee United

The opposition on Wednesday seem to be going through a phase of dominating teams in terms of play but winning by fairly modest score-lines. The fear is that they will potentially have a game at some point where they turn their out-field dominance into goals, so perhaps there is a fear that it could be another 5-1 or 6-0.

On the other hand perhaps a lesson might have been learned on Saturday against Inverness, and in previous matches against our Wednesday opponents, start fast and don't get anyone sent off!!

However, if you are one of those supporters that the Old Firm bring out the worst and you spew your latent bigotry / hatred out on the opposition don't bother turning up your an insult to the rest of us and what we stand for.

Aw man...!! I was looking forward to the game and now I can't go. Aw man..!!

After the last three games can't imagine anyone is looking forward to this

Will Archie play Taylor or Stevo up front?

Archie makes the choices but he will get it the neck from a lot of supporters if he doesn't start with either Lyle or Kris up front. Personally will be amazed if Taylor doesn't start, then again, my ass had never been so tonished when I saw our team on Saturday!!

Edited by Lindau

The floodlights will be on, the streets will be busy, local pubs and shops will do a good trade, the ground will be as near full as it's likely to be this season. Despite the inane irrelevance of some of the singing and chants, there will be atmosphere.

Thistle have just lost 2 games on the trot and there's depression settling in amongst their support. Playing the millionare champions heading for retention of their title on paper the best team in the land, few give the jolly ol' jags an snowball's chance in hell.

Put the wean's college fund on it, Thistle to win.

May 4th 1993 - Following a 4 game run of defeats (3 in a row of 1-3 including a trip to ibrox) Partick Thistle 3 - rangers 0 makes certain premier league survival.

It's how we roll. :cool2:

How can you not be up for this? :fan:

The manager won't want a hammering so he'll set out a team that will run and work hard.

I reckon ...

Gallagher

O'Donnell Frans Seabourne Booth

Osman Bannigan

Craigen Stevenson Elliot

Taylor

Although I've laid that out in our usual formation it will probably be more of a 4-4-1-1 with Craigen and Elliot giving cover to the two fullbacks. Lawless/Higgy maybe coming on late 2nd half for fresh legs.

The manager won't want a hammering so he'll set out a team that will run and work hard.

I reckon ...

Gallagher

O'Donnell Frans Seabourne Booth

Osman Bannigan

Craigen Stevenson Elliot

Taylor

Although I've laid that out in our usual formation it will probably be more of a 4-4-1-1 with Craigen and Elliot giving cover to the two fullbacks. Lawless/Higgy maybe coming on late 2nd half for fresh legs.

Agreed. Can see Elliot and Craigen getting starts

Local shops? Around Firhill? You mean the funeral directors? lol

No, I mean the likes of you might be hoping for a late night tan top-up, manicure and nail polish across from Munn's. At least then you might feel a bit better about yourself and have something pretty to look at while you're typing your honkin patter on here. pmsl :doh:

• Like 1