Dundee On Saturday

Vinnyjag

Before they are made public here what I believe the manager's after match comments will be.

I thought we played well created enough chances and were unlucky to take nothing from the game.

How many times have we heard that over the last 1-1/2 season?

I don't believe he knows anything about coaching and he is not learning,

Any chance of Stuart McCall coming? Please not Butcher!!

SOS, MAYDAY or 999.

Somebody please help.

• Like 1

Thought this game was about starting our best 11? No Higgy, no Stevenson, no lawless, no Gallagher, all benched.

Galls....should not have been dropped last game never mind today.

Stevo....?????????puzzling to say the least. If not due to injury then mental to drop. Has been most consistent player last month.

Lawless....exact same as Galls.

Higgy....not had his best season, but more dangerous than Elliott and McDaid.

Also what the feck does Dools need to do to be regarded as our main striker. Every time we bring another striker into the squad, Dools gets dropped automatically. Give 2 strikers ago for at least 1 game and see how we do, cannot be any worse than it is at the moment!

Ps. I agree that the players have to take some of the blame, but must be a kick in the balls to players to keep getting dropped for feck all.

Tragic to think that the difference between us winning and losing was sitting on our bench today.

One piece of inventive play in Dundee's box could have won that for us quite easily. Doolan wasn't the sub to make.

Lawless or Higgy for McDaid or Elliott was the blatantly obvious attacking move. At a time when we were in complete control.

Scunnered.

Have on about being dragged in to the relegation scrap for months now and I feel absolutely no joy in maybe being proved correct. Watched the game online and was saying to my mate they're going to have one attack and score and they did. As some people have said we should have scored except I think it was Doolan made an arse of the pass when we had an overlap and as usual we gave away an ultra soft goal, again(!).

We have screwed up so many games this season that I doubt most who actually attend games were that surprised!

Only thing it would do is a kick up the arse to the players perhaps at a long shot..Would be more concerned it would totally unsettle the squad and we would go into freefall in the table.. which is what we are in already.. So guess it comes down to who you think would be coming into replace Archie.. Would you rather trust an unknown quantity to see out the season and perhaps playoffs.. Or stick with Archie till the end of the season..

I think we are far to near the end of the season to change manager, id rather stick with Archie and then re evaluate in the summer.. Though he isnt filling me with confidence just now..

Edited by dougie247

Thought this game was about starting our best 11? No Higgy, no Stevenson, no lawless, no Gallagher, all benched.

Stevo....?????????puzzling to say the least. If not due to injury then mental to drop. Has been most consistent player last month.

Also what the feck does Dools need to do to be regarded as our main striker. Every time we bring another striker into the squad, Dools gets dropped automatically. Give 2 strikers ago for at least 1 game and see how we do, cannot be any worse than it is at the moment!

Ps. I agree that the players have to take some of the blame, but must be a kick in the balls to players to keep getting dropped for feck all.

well put

stevenson lawless higgy doolan all on the bench

all players that play the passing game

and add to that gallagher

imo that's 5 of our better players not even in the starting line up :thinking:

You could argue the case for 3 of them being dropped but Gallagher and Stevo? that was bizarre.

Also ffs start Higgy with Taylor

Would binning Archie now, make any difference?

I think it will.

We've a squad of players better than we've probably ever seen at Firhill, certainly in the modern era.

The problem being half the squad are already thinking of their next clubs whilst not getting the best from the others.

I read someone else on here saying that it's February & they were in Neuer if the manager even knew what his best 11 was. To an extent that may have been proven again today.

However, regardless of whether that is a fact, I can't remember him changing his preferred system to try something different.

Predictable.... As are the concession of late goals.

Agree with all but higgy, mcdaid shows double the effort, pace and interest than higgy has this season. Higgy is like a lassie at the dancing out her box on eccy, no idea what's going on and occasionally is involved but not in a good way. Put in a black cab and early bed thanks.

St Mirren and Motherwell losing was a relief though.................................

Absolutely, although I'd prefer it if we could win our own points and didn't have to keep relying on other teams doing us a favour to keep out of a relegation fight.

Ross County next week is a crucial game. St Mirren are away to Aberdeen, and Motherwell are at home to Dundee.

We could go back to 10 points ahead of 10th place with a win. Lose and we should just gie in.

• Like 1

Have on about being dragged in to the relegation scrap for months now and I feel absolutely no joy in maybe being proved correct. Watched the game online and was saying to my mate they're going to have one attack and score and they did. As some people have said we should have scored except I think it was Doolan made an arse of the pass when we had an overlap and as usual we gave away an ultra soft goal, again(!).

We have screwed up so many games this season that I doubt most who actually attend games were that surprised!

too unselfish Taylor or higgy would have went there self in that situation I think

Never usually post but after today- enoughs enough.. Archie has to go unless he makes major changes to the way he deals with the team..

He has done well to get us where we are but playing guys who are playing shite is no use. Balatoni is horrendous just now and bannigans not far behind him.. Why not play BRE? If hes not going to play now when balatonis gives away a goal a game then just get rid of him..

Why not play 2 upfront, theres plenty of formations we could play.. 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-4-2.. Were losing games as it is, why not try something different. I can appreciate losing games if we go for it and attempt to win games. Just now we are losing games without a gamplan or even effort.

Get it sorted archie or leave it to someone else.

Rant over

Edited by Neily Jag
  • Like 2

Hartley's half-time subs helped turn I for the Dee... he replaces the left back (as we were getting into good positions down our right though McDaid and SOD struggled to cross the ball) and puts on Harkins who sets up the goal. Not too heavy on McDaid as he is a young lad and played well on Wednesday. As for SOD, it's as if he's just seeing out the games until the end of season. Just don't understand how Lawless and or Higgy didn't feature.

Hartley's half-time subs helped turn I for the Dee... he replaces the left back (as we were getting into good positions down our right though McDaid and SOD struggled to cross the ball) and puts on Harkins who sets up the goal. Not too heavy on McDaid as he is a young lad and played well on Wednesday. As for SOD, it's as if he's just seeing out the games until the end of season. Just don't understand how Lawless and or Higgy didn't feature.

Higginbotham has been poor to be fair. McDaid has deserved his place just for effort.

I don't understand the reasoning for dropping of Stevenson and Lawless though when we are struggling for creativity and goals.

I also don't understand why AA can see that Higgy needs dropped but not Bannigan.

We went through a spell where Craigen was never out the team, even when he was poor, and now when we need something different he can't get back in.

I agree something is wrong as we should be scoring goals with our very decent forward line of -

Taylor/Doolan

Higgi Stevenson Lawless

Ross County...

Gallagher

SOD - Frans - Seabourne - Booth

Osman

Higgy - Lawless

Stevo

Taylor - Doolan

If that team plays, we've got a solid back 4/5, creativity & GOALS!!! It's all about GOALS!!!

Ross County are poor and shouldn't be given any respect - they score 3, we'll score 5. That's the attitude we need from this team - honestly, a very good XI there and more than capable of beating any team in Scotland.

Just saying like...

• Like 1

I think Archie needs to sit down and work out what his best team is and play it. He is becoming a bit of a Tinkerman.

Eyebrows raised at his selection v ICT

Eyebrows raised at his selection v Celtic

Eyebrows raised at his selection v Dundee.

He needs to get back to the quick pass and movement game that wins matches, which means Lawless Doolan and Higgy all playing. Osman Fraser and Banzo rarely waste a pass however they slow the game down and allow the opposition to regroup.

We need to put out our best team v RC and that means a team which is an attacking force that puts County on the back foot from the KO.

First goal in this ge will be massive.