Dundee On Saturday

Vinnyjag

Two seasons ago in the first division we played a really tough midweek game up at Kircaldy, which ended up having a bearing on us winning the championship. That night with the score at 0-0 Aero got sent off and we ended up play the last 20 minutes with 10 men. When we went down to 10 men the jags fans there that night, went into overdrive and supported the team, non stop siging and encouragement. A month or so later after we won the league at Falkirk, Archie made reference to that night and how the fans got the team over line in Kircaldy.

On Saturday at Dundee we need to do the same, if we are under the roof of that old stand we can generate a great atmosphere and get behind the team to get them over the line. If we take anything from this game and can follow it up with 3 points at home to RC next week we will be at the most 8 points short of our overall points tally for last season and only needing 11 more to reach the magical 40 points figure.

Following the Jags is quite tough just now I know, however if you have ever been involved in any sport at any level, if you are struggling a bit and people on the sidelines give you support and encouragement it really helps and can give you that extra wee edge you need to do well.

I guess all I am saying is that if you are going to Dundee on Saturday and spending your hard earned cash to get there, why not for 90 minutes make a commitment to be as vociferous as you can be getting behind the team no matter how they are playing, let them know we are there to support them, give it laldy, and I am sure the team will respond and we can get something from a very important game.

• Like 3

This is a winnable game. I think an away game might be what the team needs at this point. The fans usually bring a bit extra in away games too - we don't need to worry about that bit, cos Dundee's a sh---hole!

It looks in some ways like we've got as good a squad to pick from as we've had all season, yet we're probably at our lowest ebb in terms of confidence.

McDaid looks good value to retain his place, and I think Elliot might drop out for one of Lawless or Higgy.

Bannigan may drop out for Fraser, but I wouldn't be against benching Osman (as much as I like him) to see if we can get a bit more dynamic in midfield. Got a creeping feeling that we might be suffering a bit from the same thing Isaac Osbourne brought to the team last season. Good player, but slows things down too much at times for our style of play. Thinking out loud a bit with that one, maybe wait for a home game to try that.

Sort of looking forward to this game. If we played with the same intensity and tempo of the 2nd half last night then it's a most winnable game. Play the low energy humpball of the ICT match and we'll struggle. Dens (along with the likes of Parkhead and Cappielow) is on my don't go if game not important list as I detest the way we're treated. So that's something I'm less looking forward to. I realise that our Main Stand isn't perfect but I think I'd be right in saying that there's NO away seat in that bendy stand that offers an unimpaired view.

I still maintain that the first half at Dens early in the season was probably our best 45 mins from a team point of view. We're now better equipped goal wise with Stevenson playing behind a striker but to recreate that level of performance the midfield has to improve on recent games. The same personnel (one dropping out to accommodate Stevo) but nowhere as comfortable on the ball as back then. Strangely Fraser-Bannigan-Osman looked more of a unit in august than they ever do these days.

This is a game that concerns me more than it probably should, our players at the moment just do not seem to be up for it. They are playing like a team consigned to the drop rather than a team battling to avoid it

Agreed mate.

I can see a real lack of believe creeping into the players over the last couple of weeks.

I'm really hoping that the players can go out and show that the previous few games were a blip, and we are still a good team that wants to finish the season strongly.

• Like 1

http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2014-2015/fixtures_results/1402_dundee/preview

Maybe shows how far out the picture Jordan is. Only one not mentioned by his first name! Hope Taylor and Seaborne are fit, though getting increasingly concerned by the amount of games Seaborne misses

Edited by Lindau

http://ptfc.co.uk/te..._dundee/preview

Maybe shows how far out the picture Jordan is. Only one not mentioned by his first name! Hope Taylor and Seaborne are fit, though getting increasingly concerned by the amount of games Seaborne misses

That's the first mention of Jordan McMillan in some time - a good sign that he'll come back into the running, surely.

Settle for a good fighting performance tomorrow, if we get a result, then it's all the better. Nevertheless, at the rate we are going we won't be bottom of the fair play league for much longer, a position we have continually held since promotion. Let's hope our Banzo gets his magic touch back soon :thumbsup: