Steven Lawless Tweet

ThickAsThieves

I'm bit doubting that but if the manager felt we were missing him why not play him at home vs Ross Co when we've suffered 4 defeats on the bounce?

Doesn't look great, imo, that he's back in after spitting his dummy (not for first time) last week.

What sign does that send to the players dropped to accommodate him today?

Or because we win they've no grounds for complaint?

the players who played were poor last week so maybe the message is play that badly u will be dropped. I see ur point but I always feel Archie's been a bit unfair on lawless he's dropped him when he's been playing well a good few times so I can also see his point for bein frustrated tweeting stuffs just stupid tho

I stuck one of the members of this forum on ignore a couple of weeks ago and it's been a revelation, I'm all for free speech however the negativity over everything about our club was beginning to bug me and I was on the verge of taking the bait with some topics.

The forum without this one person has been pretty good with a reasoned debate about most things now, you do get the odd quote that pops up but I just don't read these.

Another who feels it necessary to tell us he's used the ignore/block button,

Even the forum polis like Tom Hosie tell you it's about an opinion.

I wouldn't press ignore/block on anyone but neither will I tell you I ignore their opinion.

Why do folk feel it's necessary to tell us they know where ignore/block is

They're every bit as entitled to their opinion as I am mine.

May not agree but don't go bleating to rest of the forum like I'm trying to curry favour!!

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

the players who played were poor last week so maybe the message is play that badly u will be dropped. I see ur point but I always feel Archie's been a bit unfair on lawless he's dropped him when he's been playing well a good few times so I can also see his point for bein frustrated tweeting stuffs just stupid tho

I dint doubt that Lawless been 'unlucky' to have missed out recently.

However I think as a professional he was wrong to do what he did last week- for a second time in 2 seasons.

The same way as I think it was wrong to start with him this week.

He undermined the manager .& disrespected his team mates last week.

Stevenson, one if the few who looked as though he gave a damn last week was dropped. Do you think he should do sane thing?

Another who feels it necessary to tell us he's used the ignore/block button,

Even the forum polis like Tom Hosie tell you it's about an opinion.

I eh t press ignore/block on anyone. Nor will I tell you I ignore their opinion.

Why?

Because they're every bit as entitled to theirs as I am mine.

May not agree but don't go bleating to rest of the forum like I'm trying to curry favour!!

You are strange.m

You may have missed the point that I'd had enough of the negativity that this one person continually spouted and I also acknowledged that I appreciate that it's about the freedom to speak in whatever way - and about whatever you want.

I remember months ago someone mentioned they had chosen to ignore a poster and used the analogy of someone standing next to you in a pub who just moaned and dragged every topic down - they said they'd walk away or go to a different pub. I liked that and it's pretty much my reasoning too.

You can stay and listen if you want. I've had enough.

Edited by sb1876

I dint doubt that Lawless been 'unlucky' to have missed out recently.

However I think as a professional he was wrong to do what he did last week- for a second time in 2 seasons.

The same way as I think it was wrong to start with him this week.

He undermined the manager .& disrespected his team mates last week.

Stevenson, one if the few who looked as though he gave a damn last week was dropped. Do you think he should do sane thing?

It is unprofessional I agree. But lawless has been our most creative player this season and has also improved on his defensive side. Why was he dropped in the first place ? Why would you drop a player who's see up most if goals ? I can't remember him ever having a bad enough game to be dropped. It's seems tha any time we aren't playing great or lose a game or 2 lawless is the 1st person he drops. And ur right a don't think Stevenson should have been dropped since he's been played in his best position I'd argue he's been our best player. Difference is though Stevenson is under contract for next season and a half. Lawless isn't and with his assist rate am sure he won't be short of offers.

It is unprofessional I agree. But lawless has been our most creative player this season and has also improved on his defensive side. Why was he dropped in the first place ? Why would you drop a player who's see up most if goals ? I can't remember him ever having a bad enough game to be dropped. It's seems tha any time we aren't playing great or lose a game or 2 lawless is the 1st person he drops. And ur right a don't think Stevenson should have been dropped since he's been played in his best position I'd argue he's been our best player. Difference is though Stevenson is under contract for next season and a half. Lawless isn't and with his assist rate am sure he won't be short of offers.

So you reckon Lawless played today because he's out of contract at end of season .& Stevenson didn't play because he isn't?

Unsure as to why he was dropped in first place as that not in public domain.

But surely if you were going to drop Lawless then start him again after a run I defeats it would be home vs Ross Co & not away to DU after a very unprofessional tweet?

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

It all suggests that the manager treated the 'incident' as the triviality that it undoubtedly was.

Positive response today from Lawless on his return to the starting eleven.

We'll never know how Archie dealt with it, but it's worked.

Something was seriously wrong mentally with the team last week, maybe a clear the air session and closure over McMillan has helped

Really,you think Lawless' tweet got his place back in the team? Really, you honestly think that?

Couldn't care less whether those players tweet or not. It's a tweet. 140 characters of ephemera and nonsense.

I hope they will be disappointed not to be playing. Be determined to get their place in the starting eleven back and if they do perform as Lawless did today in an attempt to keep their place.

:clapping:

So you reckon Lawless played today because hrs out of contract at end of season .& Stevenson didn't play because he isn't?

No my point is lawless is unlikely to be here and will probs move on. Stevensons here for another season and a half so moaning about it's not gonna make much difference as he's likely to be here next season. Do u not think lawless has a point being pissed off because I was puzzled to see him dropped in the first place? Like a said though tweeting something like that is stupid but if lawless performs on the park and we win then bringing him back into the teams justified,

I haven't read all the Lawless patter on this thread so i'm not trying to make any point apart from a couple of observations from today.

Firstly the lad played a sensible game today and didn't show any signs that he had to make an individual impression. I doubt it was particularly intentional by Archie but starting both Higgy and Wee Stevie took a bit of pressure off both players.

Secondly for much of the second half Lawless played in an almost right half type of position, even winning a good few headers into the bargain. This was most effective. Maybe the Archie detractors would like to tell us Stevie was pushed inside and deeper. If that was the case then surely he'd have been subbed. Looked more to me today that Archie got the best out of Lawless. Whatever I would make Wee Stevie my MotM today. Not so much for his attacking prowess but more for his complete game.

You may have missed the point that I'd had enough of the negativity that this one person continually spouted and I also acknowledged that I appreciate that it's about the freedom to speak in whatever way - and about whatever you want.

I remember months ago someone mentioned they had chosen to ignore a poster and used the analogy of someone standing next to you in a pub who just moaned and dragged every topic down - they said they'd walk away or go to a different pub. I liked that and it's pretty much my reasoning too.

You can stay and listen if you want. I've had enough.

No, I'm coming too.

For all we know Archie had lawless in at 7am last Sunday following his tweet and had him doing double training sessions. Lawless maybe fired up and the best player in training this week so a decision was made to play him today.

It worked for us today anyway so manager got it right

Edited by Third Lanark

Go on yersel Yoda, don't hold back.

Who?

know fine well you do, yourself it is.

getting yourself all worked up into a foaming frenzy.

can you not take one day (or evening) off from being such a negative, agenda driven, archie hating mess?

yes lawless tweet was wrong. as i said last week, he knows it, archie knows it, we all know it. many including myself condemned it as unprofessional etc. i'm sure like the mcmillan situation, it was dealt with internally. and privately. as the club should do. personally i have no doubt though that lawless will have been disciplined and his pocket will be lighter this month. you do know how breaches of discipline work?

as for his inclusion today, going back to your not getting it with tom hosie, archie will have been assessing the squad throughout the week, looking for reactions from all the players, and as the manager of ptfc has done what he thought was in best interests of the club for todays game and picked the starting eleven that he felt was best in training, who were fit, and best suited for each position in todays team given the opposition and their likely lineup and tactics.

last week, archie did the same, as he does every other week. picked the starting eleven that he felt was best in training, who were fit, and best suited for each position in the team given the opposition and their likely lineup and tactics. same as he does every week.sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he gets it wrong, today he got it right (including picking lawless). can't you just be happy with that, accept it, and stop spitting your dummy incessantly?

we won today. with magnificent spirit and performance, the players played as a team. sometimes every player plays well. sometimes every player doesn't play well. that's football. today every player did. archie and shaggy obviously did a good job with the players this week, whatever it was i don't need to know, all i know is it's saturday night, i have had a very enjoyable day (and evening), jags won and won well, i'm happy, princess leia is happy, virtually every jags supporter (dummy spitters excluded) are happy, all is good on earth this evening, and even you acting like a spoilt little immature attention seeking malcontent just for the sake of it, will not spoil a fraction of that.

i bid you good night. try getting out the other side of your bed tomorrow. it's worth a shot.

• Like 6

know fine well you do, yourself it is.

getting yourself all worked up into a foaming frenzy.

can you not take one day (or evening) off from being such a negative, agenda driven, archie hating mess?

yes lawless tweet was wrong. as i said last week, he knows it, archie knows it, we all know it. many including myself condemned it as unprofessional etc. i'm sure like the mcmillan situation, it was dealt with internally. and privately. as the club should do. personally i have no doubt though that lawless will have been disciplined and his pocket will be lighter this month. you do know how breaches of discipline work?

as for his inclusion today, going back to your not getting it with tom hosie, archie will have been assessing the squad throughout the week, looking for reactions from all the players, and as the manager of ptfc has done what he thought was in best interests of the club for todays game and picked the starting eleven that he felt was best in training, who were fit, and best suited for each position in todays team given the opposition and their likely lineup and tactics.

last week, archie did the same, as he does every other week. picked the starting eleven that he felt was best in training, who were fit, and best suited for each position in the team given the opposition and their likely lineup and tactics. same as he does every week.sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he gets it wrong, today he got it right (including picking lawless). can't you just be happy with that, accept it, and stop spitting your dummy incessantly?

we won today. with magnificent spirit and performance, the players played as a team. sometimes every player plays well. sometimes every player doesn't play well. that's football. today every player did. archie and shaggy obviously did a good job with the players this week, whatever it was i don't need to know, all i know is it's saturday night, i have had a very enjoyable day (and evening), jags won and won well, i'm happy, princess leia is happy, virtually every jags supporter (dummy spitters excluded) are happy, all is good on earth this evening, and even you acting like a spoilt little immature attention seeking malcontent just for the sake of it, will not spoil a fraction of that.

Love your last line there btw.

This from the guy who often posts in the form of fictional character speak & yet he calls me immature

Though to be fair, it's an improvement on d!cks & knobs to be honest.

I had a very good day yesterday thanks. Nice to watch a Thistle victory.

However, as the saying goes, one swallow doesn't make a Summer.

As good a result yesterday was, it has only papered over the cracks imo.

But, I'll repeat again. I don't spend my Saturday's trailing up, down & across the country spending good money in the hope that we lose. I spend it to see my team win.

I want PTFC to stay up & prosper as a football club. Reach later stages or finals, maybe even win another trophy in my lifetime.

I also realise that you have to walk before you run.

We've had everything from second season syndrome to we've a positive GD in recent weeks from certain folk.

Even the last few days someone posted the league table from this tme last season which shows we've more points to try prove their point!!

Bottom line is that results on the park produce results off it (attendances, kids wanting to join ThistleWeir, hospitality, programme sales, merchandise etc).

What's the saying about lies, damn lies & statistics....?

You can twist them anyway you want to prove a point but ultimately the only statistic that matters is where we are at come the end if the season.

It's not me who has been writing an ET column every week mentioning top 6 (until very recently).

& I'm all for aim high as aim low & you hit the floor but I genuinely believe that the management team & the club thought they'd be pushing for, if not already in, top 6.

Why has this not happened? What's gone wrong behind the scenes?

The club insiders are more privy to that information than myself but remember this, the last PTFC manager who suggested that outside the old firm, we had potentially the best squad in the league. & what happened there?

I'm not saying anyone has done that this time but they've certainly been very forceful about top 6 which would suggest they think they have a squad that won't be fighting relegation.

Maybe if certain folk within the club hadnt mentioned top 6 we could look at each performance on its individual merits & take the aim as survival.

With apologies to the forum polis as I haven't been @rsed digging it out, there have been folk on here in past cpl months that have said that if we go down they'd be happy as long as the manger continued to play football.

That had stopped even in recent weeks.

I've watched some dross in the 80s & 90s so know we're a long way from that. But we're also a long way from the team that came up 2 years ago. The squad has got stronger imo, but the football has gone.

That said, we're now in a scrap & time to roll our sleeves up & get on with it. You want the fans to stick together & not boo players etc after awful performances then the players have to stick together too.

That brings me back to Lawless.

Steven Lawless, for the second time in the space of 18 months, tweeted something about being left out the team. This time I'm I king a tweet that a former player had previously sent when his dummy came out.

Now, I for one didn't think Lawless deserved to be dropped when he was, but your beloved AA obviously did.

A week later & he's back in the team.

What kind of message do you think that sends out? Truthfully.

Let's take Declan McDaid. He has just signed a new contract demonstrating loyalty to the club & to the manger. Started last week & although he didn't have the greatest 45 mins, the same could be argued about 7 or 8 others.

He also had a stormer last time out against DU at Firhill, & let's remember that AA likes to play players on positions that have proved successful against certain teams previously.

Do you think he should be on social media telling everyone it's time for a change of scenery? Ryan Stevenson maybe? Gary Fraser?

After all, these are the guys that AA will have to pick from next year when the dummy spitters have taken their leave.

The point being that no matter how good a player you are, you cannot come out with things like that publicly then walk back into the team.

In real life, tweet something derogatory or sarcastic to your employer & social media guidelines in the workplace would have you out of a job within the week more than likely.

In football, or at least at PTFC, it seems to get you back on the pitch within a week.

Worked for Ecclestone coming off the bench, worked for Lawless getting back in the team.

Sends out the wrong message in my opinion.

& whilst the forum polis & folk like yourself with your fictional speak think it's ok & I'm the only one who has a problem with it, I think you'll be surprised...

Actually, I bet Archie reckons he did little different this week than he did last week. Sometimes it works for you and sometimes it doesn't. He took far too much stick last week, so I'm glad he's getting the credit this week, but being a football manager must be a very frustrating job, because in reality when they walk out on the park anything can happen.

Love your last line there btw.

This from the guy who often posts in the form of fictional character speak & yet he calls me immature ������

Though to be fair, it's an improvement on d!cks & knobs to be honest.

I had a very good day yesterday thanks. Nice to watch a Thistle victory.

However, as the saying goes, one swallow doesn't make a Summer.

As good a result yesterday was, it has only papered over the cracks imo.

But, I'll repeat again. I don't spend my Saturday's trailing up, down & across the country spending good money in the hope that we lose. I spend it to see my team win.

I want PTFC to stay up & prosper as a football club. Reach later stages or finals, maybe even win another trophy in my lifetime.

I also realise that you have to walk before you run.

We've had everything from second season syndrome to we've a positive GD in recent weeks from certain folk.

Even the last few days someone posted the league table from this tme last season which shows we've more points to try prove their point!!

Bottom line is that results on the park produce results off it (attendances, kids wanting to join ThistleWeir, hospitality, programme sales, merchandise etc).

What's the saying about lies, damn lies & statistics....?

You can twist them anyway you want to prove a point but ultimately the only statistic that matters is where we are at come the end if the season.

It's not me who has been writing an ET column every week mentioning top 6 (until very recently).

& I'm all for aim high as aim low & you hit the floor but I genuinely believe that the management team & the club thought they'd be pushing for, if not already in, top 6.

Why has this not happened? What's gone wrong behind the scenes?

The club insiders are more privy to that information than myself but remember this, the last PTFC manager who suggested that outside the old firm, we had potentially the best squad in the league. & what happened there?

I'm not saying anyone has done that this time but they've certainly been very forceful about top 6 which would suggest they think they have a squad that won't be fighting relegation.

Maybe if certain folk within the club hadnt mentioned top 6 we could look at each performance on its individual merits & take the aim as survival.

With apologies to the forum polis as I haven't been @rsed digging it out, there have been folk on here in past cpl months that have said that if we go down they'd be happy as long as the manger continued to play football.

That had stopped even in recent weeks.

I've watched some dross in the 80s & 90s so know we're a long way from that. But we're also a long way from the team that came up 2 years ago. The squad has got stronger imo, but the football has gone.

That said, we're now in a scrap & time to roll our sleeves up & get on with it. You want the fans to stick together & not boo players etc after awful performances then the players have to stick together too.

That brings me back to Lawless.

Steven Lawless, for the second time in the space of 18 months, tweeted something about being left out the team. This time I'm I king a tweet that a former player had previously sent when his dummy came out.

Now, I for one didn't think Lawless deserved to be dropped when he was, but your beloved AA obviously did.

A week later & he's back in the team.

What kind of message do you think that sends out? Truthfully.

Let's take Declan McDaid. He has just signed a new contract demonstrating loyalty to the club & to the manger. Started last week & although he didn't have the greatest 45 mins, the same could be argued about 7 or 8 others.

He also had a stormer last time out against DU at Firhill, & let's remember that AA likes to play players on positions that have proved successful against certain teams previously.

Do you think he should be on social media telling everyone it's time for a change of scenery? Ryan Stevenson maybe? Gary Fraser?

After all, these are the guys that AA will have to pick from next year when the dummy spitters have taken their leave.

The point being that no matter how good a player you are, you cannot come out with things like that publicly then walk back into the team.

In real life, tweet something derogatory or sarcastic to your employer & social media guidelines in the workplace would have you out of a job within the week more than likely.

In football, or at least at PTFC, it seems to get you back on the pitch within a week.

Worked for Ecclestone coming off the bench, worked for Lawless getting back in the team.

Sends out the wrong message in my opinion.

& whilst the forum polis & folk like yourself with your fictional speak think it's ok & I'm the only one who has a problem with it, I think you'll be surprised... ������

^^^^^^^^^

A so called fan, more troll, ( like his pal The Cup) who is obviously upset that the team got a great victory yesterday and the manager got his tactics spot on.

I'm bit doubting that but if the manager felt we were missing him why not play him at home vs Ross Co when we've suffered 4 defeats on the bounce?

Doesn't look great, imo, that he's back in after spitting his dummy (not for first time) last week.

What sign does that send to the players dropped to accommodate him today?

Or because we win they've no grounds for complaint?

I think you are speculating that there has been no conversation at Firhill about this. For all we know, there has been a team get together and the air cleared. The fact that we won, justifies the managers decision. Any argument by other players against that would be pretty weak.

So you reckon Lawless played today because he's out of contract at end of season .& Stevenson didn't play because he isn't?

Unsure as to why he was dropped in first place as that not in public domain.

But surely if you were going to drop Lawless then start him again after a run I defeats it would be home vs Ross Co & not away to DU after a very unprofessional tweet?

They are two very different teams though, Dundee Utd play a more open type of game, which gives Lawless a bit more time to play. Ross County are much more physical, which doesn't allow him to play to his strengths