stillresigned

• Members

ffs here we go with more ridiculous puns. Admin, can we have a separate pun forum?

I did once upon a time start a thread just for puns (it might even have been called 'just for pun' or 'for the pun of it'. I've got way better and more important things to do with my life and I suspect the admin folk have too than to try and keep folk in line with puns.

p.s. As it happens Jaggy, I'm with you. I don't like to see football topic threads taken over by puns either. That said, I do appreciate that some folk do get enjoyment of them. (mentalists!!! :D)

• Like 1

What are Dave King and his cohorts actually getting? Does Mike Ashley not own/control everything worth having?

King sounds like he wants a fight with Ashley, I don't fancy Kings chances.

Wouldn't crack open the polmagne just yet, the war is far from over.

so, the second £5m tranche is now in process of due diligence before heading towards the sevco bank account ..... that makes it £10m owed to ashley. he holds security over everything bar castle mordor and the crest. default, and it's all added to the sports direct portfolio. sevco need the second £5m urgently as otherwise wages will not be paid this month and they have the latest quarterly tax and ni due this month (would probably cover our years whole budget) ..... failure to pay the bills will result in admin event number unero for the sevco.

and don't forget ashley has tied up majority of revenue streams outwith the gate money, for the next five seasons.

perhaps the question should be what are the sevco zombie supporters actually getting from dave king and his cohorts?

in feb 2014 king promised £30m of his own money

in nov 2014 king promised £16m of his own money

in dec 2014 king promised £8m of his own money

now in march 2015 king has asked sevco fans for money

how long will the ever diminishing number of zombies put up with being the cash cows to attempt keep sevco on life support?

how long before the latest whyte knight is decried as leading the once great sevco (2 low league titles, one ramsdens runnersup, in their heyday) towards oblivion?

and all the while, ashleys belly is laughing with nonstop mirth like a permanently bouncing spacehopper, as king can't get rid of him (or can't afford to), the sevco zombies will continue to fill sportsdirect coffers with their dole money buying third rate replica shirts and teddys, and all the scottish football authorities can or will do is fine ashley seven and a half grand. thats less than one minute sports direct sales. he must be really bothered.

B8enAMzIcAA8hqj.jpg

• Like 1

so, the second £5m tranche is now in process of due diligence before heading towards the sevco bank account ..... that makes it £10m owed to ashley. he holds security over everything bar castle mordor and the crest. default, and it's all added to the sports direct portfolio. sevco need the second £5m urgently as otherwise wages will not be paid this month and they have the latest quarterly tax and ni due this month (would probably cover our years whole budget) ..... failure to pay the bills will result in admin event number unero for the sevco.

and don't forget ashley has tied up majority of revenue streams outwith the gate money, for the next five seasons.

perhaps the question should be what are the sevco zombie supporters actually getting from dave king and his cohorts?

in feb 2014 king promised £30m of his own money

in nov 2014 king promised £16m of his own money

in dec 2014 king promised £8m of his own money

now in march 2015 king has asked sevco fans for money

how long will the ever diminishing number of zombies put up with being the cash cows to attempt keep sevco on life support?

how long before the latest whyte knight is decried as leading the once great sevco (2 low league titles, one ramsdens runnersup, in their heyday) towards oblivion?

and all the while, ashleys belly is laughing with nonstop mirth like a permanently bouncing spacehopper, as king can't get rid of him (or can't afford to), the sevco zombies will continue to fill sportsdirect coffers with their dole money buying third rate replica shirts and teddys, and all the scottish football authorities can or will do is fine ashley seven and a half grand. thats less than one minute sports direct sales. he must be really bothered.

B8enAMzIcAA8hqj.jpg

Brilliant stuff Yoda. Certainly has brightened up my day already!

It's always a mistake to try to interpret what is going on with the sevco farce but why should I let that stop me, so here goes.

I think King loves the sound of his voice too much. He loves the idea of being the hero to the sevco fans but I don't believe he loves it enough to throw millions of his own money at it. Let's face it he'd need 10 million to pay off Ashley, another 5-6 million to see them to the end of the season and then there's the rebuilding job on the team required plus, even with more sensible management of the club another 12 million at least (very likely a good deal more) for next season.

I reckon even if as many as 40,000 fans bought season tickets at £400 that would bring in a max of £16 million (less really as not all would pay full whack) so that would just about break even but would only leave room for an Inverness/Dundee Utd/Aberdeen level team - and then only if they appointed the right manager who made the right player signings; it would also take time for such a team to gel). (And all this assumes King has or can get the £15 mill-odd to get through to the season end).

Of course he's talking about a rights issue to raise more millions. But who will buy, apart from supporters, when they got badly burned with the last share issue? Folk in the city will have lost their jobs over that one. Supporters raised £5million last time so are unlikely to provide the same again never mind the massive investment King is looking for.

And all the above of course ignores the "onerous contracts" which suck the life out of the club. They have to be paid off or the club has to pursue legal means to end them (and some, especially those of Ashley will be pretty watertight) and that will cost millions. All this could be done and in theory but it will be very difficult and will take time and a lot of money. That means the super-team many bears expect to appear on King's takeover which will wipe the floor with everyone including Celtic will have to be delayed by a few years.

All the above considered, unless King is a fool - and he may be - I can't see past his making some kind of deal with Ashley, though it may be obfuscated in some way to appease the hordes. Ashley isn't a real Rangers Man like King; if King wants to saunter up and down the marble staircase at Ibrox, that's fine, as long as Ashley keeps his income sources. He'll happily fade into the background - maybe even lend a few Newcastle players to help out.

If King accommodates Ashley then they will get through this season and a decent - but not outstanding - team will be built. They may have to suffer the Championship again but should get promoted and with SPL income improve. But catching up with Celtic will take years if it ever happens. How long will King remain a hero if they are merely one of the group of runners up to Celtic for several years? History tells us season ticket sales will be well down if that doesn't happen and there are no friendly banks giving freebies and HMRC will be keeping a close eye.

This is already too long for something that will probably turn out to be completely wrong so I'll stop now.

• Like 2

^^^ I agree with just about all of that. Even if King is all he cracks himself up to be, the sevco will be dabbling with mediocrity for a very long time to come. Ra peepul don't strike me generally as having the patience required to absorb many more lean years, so the anticipated happy ending is unlikely to be just around the corner.

No escaping the fact either that he got his botty fondled last time round for £20m when pre-sevco turned their toes up; he'll no doubt be working on a plan to 'recoup' that spanking. I hope so anyway. Btw I hope I'm not being over suspicious about the convicted tax fraudster. I'm sure he'll do right by the great club and its fans.

I heard Stuart Cosgrove, a week or two back, say that King could not be deemed a "fit and proper person" to be a director of a football club under ANY interpretation of the SFA's rules because of his fraud convictions.

We will await the banning edict from the Beaks...and wait...and wait.....

. Even if King is all he cracks himself up to be, the sevco will be dabbling with mediocrity for a very long time to come.

Mediocrity is all you need to do well in the Premiership

The standard outwith Celtic is poor and don't see this changing anytime soon.

Another season in the Championship would be for the best for Rangers to rebuild a club from top to bottom and the fans will be 100% behind this.

I heard Stuart Cosgrove, a week or two back, say that King could not be deemed a "fit and proper person" to be a director of a football club under ANY interpretation of the SFA's rules because of his fraud convictions.

We will await the banning edict from the Beaks...and wait...and wait.....

Stuart Cosgrove (aka Rangers hater) giving us his impartial view as ever

:rolleyes:

You get the impression folk are scared of this guy King. :happy2:

Another season in the Championship would be for the best for Rangers to rebuild a club from top to bottom and the fans will be 100% behind this.

Something of the old firm arrogance in that comment re standard. Quite a few clubs outside of Celtic are capable of playing good football but the pressure of the tight league makes it difficult to do that with any consistency. There are things that could be done to address that though you'll never have a team that never has poor games and you can't actually force teams no to play negative football.

What is true is there is a huge gap between Celtic and the rest and that I think holds the rest back. Without them you could have a really competitive and exciting league (and that's better for the game than one team which wins most of the trophies). Problem is how to get rid of them.

Re Rangers even if they improve quickly they will still take a long time to catch Celtic if they ever do. With good management throughout the club they should be able to get into the group behind Celtic along with Aberdeen, Hearts, and the like. But a lot depends on good choice in coach and players. Still with the size of their support - even a reduced support - it's hard not to see them challenging with these teams eventually.

However as I said they won't seriously challenge Celtic for a good while and I think this will put a lot of their current support off and they'll start to drift. You never know though, that might be a good thing. A lot of the guys who will drift off will be the worst kind of oldco supporter - the supremacist bigots and glory hunters - and if the proper football supporter type of Rangers fan sticks with/come back to the club then that could be a win for both Rangers and Scottish football.

I can think of one guy who isn't and his initials are MA.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Something of the old firm arrogance in that comment re standard. Quite a few clubs outside of Celtic are capable of playing good football but the pressure of the tight league makes it difficult to do that with any consistency. There are things that could be done to address that though you'll never have a team that never has poor games.

>>>>You are kidding yourself on if you think the standard is great just now.and talk of pressure in a tight league is head in the sand stuff with regards to the product being served up.

We have so called title challengers selling their best players mid season to a team who would win the league easily without them

The latest contenders were beaten 4-0 last week, game over, title won and now just for the relegation issues to be sorted <<<<<

What is true is there is a huge gap between Celtic and the rest and that I think holds the rest back. Without them you could have a really competitive and exciting league (and that's better for the game than one team which wins most of the trophies).

>>>>Won't make the standard any better without Celtic and probably would make it worse than it is <<<<<

Re Rangers even if they improve quickly they will still take a long time to catch Celtic if they ever do. With good management throughout the club they should be able to get into the group behind Celtic along with Aberdeen, Hearts, and the like. But a lot depends on good choice in coach and players. Still with the size of their support - even a reduced support - it's hard not to see them challenging with these teams eventually.

However as I said they won't seriously challenge Celtic for a good while and I think this will put a lot of their current support off and they'll start to drift. You never know though, that might be a good thing. A lot of the guys who will drift off will be the worst kind of oldco supporter - the supremacist bigots and glory hunters - and if the proper football supporter type of Rangers fan sticks with/come back to the club then that could be a win for both Rangers and Scottish football.

>>>>>Rangers won't challenge Celtic for titles for a good few years yet and alot more work needs done rebuilding the club before challenging Celtic.

Moving in amongst the challenger group will happen alot sooner though.

Rangers fans will back the new board and will not go away because of not winning titles.

They know it will be a long road back from where the rats took the club and getting rid of these rats is all that matters to get the club back <<<<<

I can think of one guy who isn't and his initials are MA. (And Thank Feck DK isn't scared of this fat rat)

Stuart Cosgrove (aka Rangers hater) giving us his impartial view as ever

:rolleyes:

you seem a pretty decent guy bilko but can I ask why there seems to be a collective amnesia about Dave king. I cannot comprehend how this character is being portrayed as a messiah. The facts are

He was found guilty of 82 tax offences in South Africa

He was branded a liar by a judge

He owed over £140 million and cut a deal to repay only £40 million of that

He was on the board as was Paul Murray when rangers were liquidated they clearly played a part in their demise

In light of this how are you delighted that a guy guilty of those antics is going to be chairman of your club and how can you see him as a messiah when anyone else guilty of the above is likely to be viewed as a chancer or a crook. I'm generally interested know how someone I regard as coming across as a genuine football fan and decent guy can have blinkers in with regards to this character mate

Rangers will no doubt get back to the premier league sooner or later, there is a gap though and this gap is getting bigger year in, year out. However, this gap is between clubs of similar stature in Scotland and England.

In the 1960's Celtic and Rangers were as big as Man Utd and Arsenal, clubs wealth came from gate money and the old firm were second to none in gate receipts. These days are long gone.

The ony hope for the future of the old firm is the creation of a European super league, which may happen and getting an invite to the English premiership, which will never happen due to all the religious baggage that comes with the old firm.

I truly believe there would have been a Brittish league, created in the dim and distant past, if it weren't for the old firm.

The old firm represent a culture that is passing away, times are changing, the tribal loyalties that they rely upon are nowhere as strong as they once were.

Perhaps history will show that the Souness era was the kick start of a last hurrah for the old firm, a boom founded on English clubs being banned from Europe pre Sky / Premiership days. The conditions of this mini boom in the Scottish game are very unlikely to ever happen again.

Scared of Dave King? Yes, he's far too scarey for me, your lot are very welcome to him Billko :happy2:

you seem a pretty decent guy bilko but can I ask why there seems to be a collective amnesia about Dave king. I cannot comprehend how this character is being portrayed as a messiah. The facts are

He was found guilty of 82 tax offences in South Africa

He was branded a liar by a judge

He owed over £140 million and cut a deal to repay only £40 million of that

He was on the board as was Paul Murray when rangers were liquidated they clearly played a part in their demise

In light of this how are you delighted that a guy guilty of those antics is going to be chairman of your club and how can you see him as a messiah when anyone else guilty of the above is likely to be viewed as a chancer or a crook. I'm generally interested know how someone I regard as coming across as a genuine football fan and decent guy can have blinkers in with regards to this character mate

Do you see all the rats that were running Rangers into the ground in the last 3 yrs and are stil trying too before the EGM?

If we are rid of these rats for good then i will be deilighted so we can rebuild the club.getting representation from the fans groups on to the board

King WILL be the man to lead Rangers back and the one to sort out the mess left by total scumbags who have financially raped the club.

Edited by billko

Do you see all the rats that were running Rangers into the ground in the last 3 yrs and are stil trying too before the EGM?

If we are rid of these rats for good then i will be deilighted so we can rebuild the club.getting representation from the fans groups on to the board

King WILL be the man to lead Rangers back and the one to sort out the mess left by total scumbags who have financially raped the club.

Don King?

don-3-king.jpeg

Pretty grim state of affairs when ra peepul are drinking in the last chance saloon, and all that stands between them and outright oblivion is a crook of epic proportions, according to the authorities of his domeciled country of choice.

Ashley, a non sevco supporter, has any meaningful revenue stream firmly stitched up with his name emblazoned across it all. Otherwise ok.

Yep, the good times they are a coming.

Pfft.

• Like 1

You do come across as a half decent guy Billko but to say outwith Celtic, the SPFL is mediocre is laughable when you look at the current Sevco side, a side that is struggling to get out of 2nd tier Scottish football. Did Celtic not get beat tonight at home? I watched the Aberdeen game on Sunday and the score line was ludicrous. Aberdeen controlled the game for 60 minutes and could easily have been 2 or 3 up before Celtic scored. You can only laugh at the People frothing at anticipation of one of the worlds biggest convicted tax evaders, a man named by the Judge as being a glib and shameless liar and a man that was on the board that led their club to its death becoming The Messiah at Ibrox. This is a man that about 18 months ago said he would pump in over 30 million to get Sevco challenging Celtic. Looks very much now that he isn't going to be putting anything in and is going to get you suckers to do that for him via another share issue. Think I would have stuck with the rats!

You do come across as a half decent guy Billko but to say outwith Celtic, the SPFL is mediocre is laughable when you look at the current Sevco side, a side that is struggling to get out of 2nd tier Scottish football. Did Celtic not get beat tonight at home? I watched the Aberdeen game on Sunday and the score line was ludicrous. Aberdeen controlled the game for 60 minutes and could easily have been 2 or 3 up before Celtic scored. You can only laugh at the People frothing at anticipation of one of the worlds biggest convicted tax evaders, a man named by the Judge as being a glib and shameless liar and a man that was on the board that led their club to its death becoming The Messiah at Ibrox. This is a man that about 18 months ago said he would pump in over 30 million to get Sevco challenging Celtic. Looks very much now that he isn't going to be putting anything in and is going to get you suckers to do that for him via another share issue. Think I would have stuck with the rats!

You also seem a decent person but another who can't see the standard of Scotland's Premiership is very poor

Nothing to do with Rangers here as they are very poor just now but still good enough to beat Premiership teams now and again.

You are also another person who is frothing at the mouth at King's imminent arrival and i can't think it's because you think he will be bad for Rangers.

You should maybe withhold the comments about what judges say and leave it for the comments judges will or should be making on the crooks who have tried to destroy Rangers

Something tells me you wouldn't judge these folk the same way.

Like it or lump it King will get Rangers back to where everyone hates them being

That, I suspect, is what everyone else is actually afraid of!!

Not me personally. I have had enough laughs over the last 3 years to last me a lifetime. The only regret is that the other side of the coin didn't go down the same route before McCann took over.

You should maybe withhold the comments about what judges say and leave it for the comments judges will or should be making on the crooks who have tried to destroy Rangers

I didn't realise that Sir David "for every fiver they spend, we will spend a tenner" (except it isn't my money) Murray was due up in court!! You are burying your head in the sand if you are ignoring what King has been up to. Is he not on record as telling Sevco fans to boycott Season Tickets and supporting the club to starve out the existing incumbents, then hoovering up shares when they fell substantially? Think Mikey boy is no mug and there is plenty more nasty action ahead for the glib and shameless liar.

Proverbially speaking I usually associate rats with leaving a sinking ship, billko.

Anyway if you want to take the rat analogy that bit further we could portray Dave King as the Pied Piper of Hamelin (tho' nearby Hanover might've been more apt). What must be even more appealing to his worshipers is he's even got a magic flute. OK, he gets rid of all but one rat. Wonder who that could be? No doubt the one who holds all the rights for pied suits. But of course, and a real downside, playing a certain tune on his flute, he hypnotizes all the wains into the bargain.

http://refinersfire..../pied-piper.jpg

btw I hear the Krankies are soon to be back in action. Anyone care to help me write a panto? I've got a rough idea of a plot but not not sure if it'll happy ending for everyone. :)

• Like 2

As a decent minded individual I hope that Sevco never darken the upper reaches of Scottish football the way that Rangers did, as I find their followers (generally the same people) to be arrogant, self-absorbed, ignorant, dismissive, exclusive and aggressive. More recently, also deluded. Oh, and gullible.

Not like me. I'm always respectful, open-minded, tolerant. And most importantly non-judgemental.

• Like 1

As a decent minded individual I hope that Sevco never darken the upper reaches of Scottish football the way that Rangers did, as I find their followers (generally the same people) to be arrogant, self-absorbed, ignorant, dismissive, exclusive and aggressive. More recently, also deluded. Oh, and gullible.

Not like me. I'm always respectful, open-minded, tolerant. And most importantly non-judgemental.

That should earn you a few 'likes' from like minded individuals :)