Resolution To Allocate New Shares

javeajag

Call it whatever you like - but unless we have a big investor lined up a share issue is never good news.

anyone with half a clue about finance will tell you that.

Now if it is the weirs or anyone else pumping in a few hundred grand then great, but I think we all realise that whoever buys shares in a scottish football club can kiss goodbye to every single penny of it.

Javeajag has already indicated that the drop in crowds this season was mentioned in the email he received - so you can't blame people for thinking it's not good news.

But feel free to carry on thinking it's all rosy in the garden.

• Like 1

Ian-mac

Point well made and agree with your post.

Last season there was a 6 figure sum divided among the team as a bonus pot for the squad to stay up and individual one off bonuses paid for some of the games after the split, Tynecastle in particular, perhaps this is the reason for new share issue if funds are tight to pay same this season but then again how long will it take to in gather funds from new share issue. It is paramount that we maintain our place in top league this season and hopefully go on to consolidate next season.

Anyway no doubt all will be revealed soon with regard to new share issue.I assume once approval is obtained for a new share issue then it will be opened up to those who are presently non shareholders

Call it whatever you like - but unless we have a big investor lined up a share issue is never good news.

Now if it is the weirs or anyone else pumping in a few hundred grand then great, but I think we all realise that whoever buys shares in a scottish football club can kiss goodbye to every single penny of it.

Javeajag has already indicated that the drop in crowds this season was mentioned in the email he received - so you can't blame people for thinking it's not good news.

The "ifs" and "unlesses" in your post betray its gloomy nature. I possibly have half a clue about finance, but no more. Though I wouldn't admit that to my boss.

You have a very aggressive style of writing.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 2

I understand the scpeticism when issues like this arise, given our own business history and the commercial bombscare that is the Scottish professional game, and I beleive it is right to remain vigilant and question such announcements and actions by the board.

However, the caricature of the Thistle fan potrayed by the "mad monks" who once appeared on the Firhill terraces is perpetuated by the self flagulation of some of the posting on here today.

I think the best thing we can do is to remember WE ARE THISTLE. The fans are, and must recognise that they are the foremost ambassadors for the club and do have real influence on it. That influence may not always be as powerful as they might wish or sufficient always to steer the club in positive direction, however its strength is certainly diminished by self depreciation, premature distrust, and a gloomy disposition.

The roses in the Firhill garden have rarely blossomed in my 30 odd years of support. However given the condition of the soil we inherit and the tools we can muster I'm extremely proud that together we are currently able to display our efforts at the best show in the land and do have some promising buds in the greenhouse.

SUPPORT THIS TEAM AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO FOLLOW THIS CLUB.

We all deserve it.

:fan:

• Like 1

I understand the scpeticism when issues like this arise, given our own business history and the commercial bombscare that is the Scottish professional game, and I beleive it is right to remain vigilant and question such announcements and actions by the board.

However, the caricature of the Thistle fan potrayed by the "mad monks" who once appeared on the Firhill terraces is perpetuated by the self flagulation of some of the posting on here today.

I think the best thing we can do is to remember WE ARE THISTLE. The fans are, and must recognise that they are the foremost ambassadors for the club and do have real influence on it. That influence may not always be as powerful as they might wish or sufficient always to steer the club in positive direction, however its strength is certainly diminished by self depreciation, premature distrust, and a gloomy disposition.

The roses in the Firhill garden have rarely blossomed in my 30 odd years of support. However given the condition of the soil we inherit and the tools we can muster I'm extremely proud that together we are currently able to display our efforts at the best show in the land and do have some promising buds in the greenhouse.

SUPPORT THIS TEAM AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO FOLLOW THIS CLUB.

We all deserve it.

:fan:

Your tablets work better than mine CGMB.

I don't think the poster Ian Mac could've put it any better for me in his postings on this thread.

Once again it's the so-called 'life blood' of the club that are being left in the dark.

At this moment, it is a shambles on the park & communication (or lack of) off the park leads many to the same conclusions that it is being reciprocated in the boardroom.

If only after STJ etc, the fans trust held shares & had a boardroom rep.

Fans in the dark once again & sunny disposition not happening for me.

Keep up the persuasive posts though CGMB :)

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

I echo this. It all smacks of boardroom concern. We got speaking to a board member at an away game early in the season who categorically confirmed that we needed average crowds of 4,500 to realistically break even. What is that figure now? That's the kind of information we could do with so we can get as many fans along as possible.

For me, enough is enough with regards to the cloak and dagger stuff we're presented with as fans. Let's have some proper official statements which provide clarification on issues just like this. The fans have a fair amount of clout when it comes to finances, so why not keep them informed at all times?

On the pitch disasters are hardly helping to hide the issue. It's only going to get worse if we get dragged down even further. No's the time to build ANY kind of momentum to take us into the split. At the moment the club, the lack of communication, the performances and this forum all point to the almost inevitability of relegation. We need someone to step up and give us all a good shake.

I've not been to as many games this year for a variety of reasons, so I'm one of the few hundred not attending as much but I am certain I'd have made the extra effort to go to more if some of the issues we've seen recently had been addressed properly.

Edited by brodieboy

I've not been to as many games this year for a variety of reasons, so I'm one of the few hundred not attending as much but I am certain I'd have made the extra effort to go to more if some of the issues we've seen recently had been addressed properly.

This. How about an end-of-season collaboration session with supporters groups to set aims for the following season (collaborating with customers is common in many other businesses I work with) and then keeping progress against these aims refreshed on the website - along with linking initiatives (theme days, reciprocal away support agreements etc...) with the achievement of these aims?

Example - if the fans were consulted and it was agreed to aim for 4,500 average attendance, and the website showed that this was currently 4,200, it may encourage some fans who were part of the consultation to attend more regularly. The consultation may even have unearthed some additional fan-led activities to help achieve this aim.

• Like 1

I cant believe anyone would have been foolish enough to prepare a budget with an average crowd of 4500, nor that anyone would have signed off on such a budget. Its the footballing equivalent of saying 'This time next year rodders, we will be millionaires'

1000 * £20 * 19 is quite a big number.

Edited by jaf

I cant believe anyone would have been foolish enough to prepare a budget with an average crowd of 4500, nor that anyone would have signed off on such a budget. Its the footballing equivalent of saying 'This time next year rodders, we will be millionaires'

1000 * £20 * 19 is quite a big number.

tom hughes reincarnated?

To be fair, our average crowd is down about 1500.

Motherwell are next biggest drop with a drop of 618.

In percentage terms we are absolutely haemorraging fans.

Average home crowd or PTFC down 29.8%.

Motherwell down 12.5%

St Mirren down 11.9%

StJohnstone, Aberdeen, ICT, DUFC all up

Ross County and Kille both very small reductions

Did we not average about 5,200 last season. Many reasons for that including, first season back in the big time, and a fair share of home games v the better supported sides in the league. Would imagine if we are dragged into a 4 way fight at the split, the home attendances will improve as there will be plenty to play for, even more so if we got Sevco or Hibs in a play off, if it comes to that. Still think the 10% increase this season has put quite a few people off. People don't have a lot of spare Wonga nowadays and I thought the club was taking a chance increasing entrance by 10% when most people haven't had a wage increase of anything more than 1% in the last 5 years

Here is what the Chairman had to say in today's programme:

"You may or may not be aware that we have issued a resolution asking the club's shareholders to grant permission to the board to issue new shares. A share issue is one potential way of attracting income and the board currently doesn't have the power to issue shares swiftly if required. At this stage this action is more in the interests of good housekeeping than anything else. We are always on the lookout for new investors in the club and issuing this resolution puts us in the strongest possible position to act if something did arise. In the event that the board did identify suitable investors, this resolution would allow us to act swiftly to secure that new investment. Any funds received in return for shares would of course be used for the benefit of the club."