The Penalty Incident Today

thebiglemon

Stonewaller from my view in the middle of the JHS however I'm so blind I thought it was Conrad that bundled him over!! Possible red card and a penalty? Higgy should have had the same first half though and stayed on his feet probably due to his numerous bookings for diving.

Never mind that, I thought dools was about a yard and a half offside for his goal... Not that I'd find that kind of thing funny or ironic in a Jim Goodwin sense of karmic retribution if it were true :-)

I thought the same but again difficult to tell on the highlights. No doubt the fine people on Sportscene will go over both incidents several times and discuss them for ages!! :)

Definately not a penalty. It was shoulder to shoulder outside the box and it was the momentum from the fall by the thistle player that caused the contact indside the box. The only way it could have been given was if it had been a careless, reckless etc challenge, but there wasn't a challenge after the initial shoulder charge.

Edited by Exiled AusJag

Looked to me like yet another excellent challenge from Balatoni at the the time. Now I have seen the highlights I am sure it wasn't a penalty.

I also thought at the time that Doolan was offside for his goal. Highlights are inconclusive but I still think he was off.

Thanks for posting Clydebank Jag.

ETA I sit city end of JHS. I would imagine from North Stand it could have looked more like a penalty.

Edited by Jag

Chic Young on Sportsound today compared it to the semi final incident, basically congratulating St Mirren for the fact that they weren't writing to the SFA about it. Doesn't matter how little respect I have for him, he still winds me up.