Club Statement

Jag

Its only £25 if you are not willing to sit in the kids zone - its free in the family zone. If this isn't acceptable then for £1.30 a game you can pick any seat - seems pretty reasonable.

Each to his own.

Point being though that the Kids Zone keeps moving. There are two kids plus me and a grandad so that means more hassle finding suitable seats. That quickly negates one of the emotive benefits of a Season Ticket - having the same seat and getting to know those who sit around you.

One of the main reasons given for the £25 charge was around issues with blocked seats, especially for all ticket games. Now that we have the JH Purge for OF games,I am struggling to understand the rationale behind it.

You get 2 or 3 games for "free" on an adult season ticket, these are effectively a buffer for games you might miss. The 2 x £25 for the kids reservation wipes out most of that. Buying an ST is never just about the financials. This season, I only made 12 games.

I paid it last year as the older of my two kids would probably want to go to the game against the OF team and I didn't want the hassle of having to buy him a ticket. In 2015/16, I will easily by able to walk into the JH and find seats more or less in the same place.

A bit peed off I need to pay £25 for a "free" kids book for a seat I only ever used for the Celtic game that I''m now getting kicked out of. Money for the club, I know, so don't grudge it really.

On the plus side, at least they appear to have dropped last years ridiculous price differentials between renewing online / in person. That was just daft and unfair.

10% increase on last season- assuming you renew as an adult in next couple of weeks.

Quite an increase imo. Especially as we're told that the move from JHS during old firm games is going to raise £250k -if the other @rse cheek comes up it could well be even more.

Always disappointed that the club don't offer interest fee payments on paying up ST. I know other clubs do. How difficult can it be to do? I assume that Zebra finances fee is the interest payable on the ticket over the year.

10% increase on last season

Looks to me to be the same price as it was last season - unless I am missing something?

This was what was quoted in an email from PTFC last year, 29-May-2014:

ADULTS

Office

Renewal

£308

£318

Early Bird

£319

£329

Standard

£340

£350

• Existing season tickets holder wishing to retain their seat should renew their season ticket by Sunday 15 June.

• Early bird prices are available until Sunday 22 June.

• If you wish to pay through the 10 month payment plan available through Zebra Finance please contact the club directly

CONCESSIONS

Office

Renewal

£198

£208

Early Bird

£209

£219

Standard

£220

£230

· Concessions include:
  • OAPs 65 and over as at July 31 2014
  • Anyone in full time education
  • Disabled

· Existing season tickets holder wishing to retain their seat should renew their season ticket by Sunday 15 June.

Each to his own.

Point being though that the Kids Zone keeps moving. There are two kids plus me and a grandad so that means more hassle finding suitable seats. That quickly negates one of the emotive benefits of a Season Ticket - having the same seat and getting to know those who sit around you.

One of the main reasons given for the £25 charge was around issues with blocked seats, especially for all ticket games. Now that we have the JH Purge for OF games,I am struggling to understand the rationale behind it.

You get 2 or 3 games for "free" on an adult season ticket, these are effectively a buffer for games you might miss. The 2 x £25 for the kids reservation wipes out most of that. Buying an ST is never just about the financials. This season, I only made 12 games.

I paid it last year as the older of my two kids would probably want to go to the game against the OF team and I didn't want the hassle of having to buy him a ticket. In 2015/16, I will easily by able to walk into the JH and find seats more or less in the same place.

If you are renewing your ST before 15th June you get 5 games free. Adding on the 50 for your 2 reserved kids seats you still get almost 3 games free.

It's all about choices, though and if you are missing 7 games a ST isn't value for you

The reason given for the £25 kids ticket last year was to cover the cost of a home Celtic game as this was being 'misused'. There is now no Celtic seat in the JHS but you still need to pay the £25. If the reason for paying in the first place is removed, then why pay?

Comes down to personal choice, some will pay, some won't.

Again the club should have thought of all the questions raised above or at least had a discussion with the fans reps. Anytime we make an announcement there seems to be as many negatives as positives regardless of the intention.

Looks to me to be the same price as it was last season - unless I am missing something?

Could've sworn I paid £280 last season.

Was looking at that figure the other evening with Kilmarnock's early bird ST offer thinking our price hopefully would be comparable.

I'm not sure that our ST price is going to attract 'new' fans & that's probably the most disappointing thing about the pricing for me.

Could've sworn I paid £280 last season.

Was looking at that figure the other evening with Kilmarnock's early bird ST offer thinking our price hopefully would be comparable.

I'm not sure that our ST price is going to attract 'new' fans & that's probably the most disappointing thing about the pricing for me.

Even at the 340 price you get 3 1/2 games free plus the LC game. Still all depends on how many games you are likely to go to

Even at the 340 price you get 3 1/2 games free plus the LC game. Still all depends on how many games you are likely to go to

18 x £22 = £396

Difference between that & £340 is £56 therefore 2 and a half games. That's assuming admission stays at £22.

At £308 it' works out at 4 games. If as many fans stay away from Celtic/Old Firm games as did last year then I can understand why some existing fans would see it not brilliant value.

League Cup game a bit of a red herring because even at home likely to be against a League 1 or 2 team because of the seedlings.

18 x £22 = £396

Difference between that & £340 is £56 therefore 2 and a half games. That's assuming admission stays at £22.

At £308 it' works out at 4 games. If as many fans stay away from Celtic/Old Firm games as did last year then I can understand why some existing fans would see it not brilliant value.

League Cup game a bit of a red herring because even at home likely to be against a League 1 or 2 team because of the seedlings.

19 home games is the norm, not 18 (but not guaranteed)

BGM , you did pay £280.00 last year for your season ticket which was an increase from the previous year but included the TAG core package !! . Who makes these decisions to put a 10% increase on in this economic climate and then tells you you're getting punted from the seat that you've chose for the season to accommodate Celtic supporters . Brilliant customer relations !

It'll be interesting to see the next Board Statement if Sevco get promoted .

• Like 1

Season tickets appear to be on sale: http://ptfc.co.uk/season_tickets/

Given the move out the JH for OF games, continuing with the £25 charge to allocate a seat for kids may be the final straw for me. Also appears they have moved the Kids Zone (where you are allocated a kids seat for free) for perhaps the third year in a row.

A bit peed off I need to pay £25 for a "free" kids book for a seat I only ever used for the Celtic game that I''m now getting kicked out of. Money for the club, I know, so don't grudge it really.

On the plus side, at least they appear to have dropped last years ridiculous price differentials between renewing online / in person. That was just daft and unfair.

The reason given for the £25 kids ticket last year was to cover the cost of a home Celtic game as this was being 'misused'. There is now no Celtic seat in the JHS but you still need to pay the £25. If the reason for paying in the first place is removed, then why pay?

Comes down to personal choice, some will pay, some won't.

Again the club should have thought of all the questions raised above or at least had a discussion with the fans reps. Anytime we make an announcement there seems to be as many negatives as positives regardless of the intention.

I feel quite strongly and have emailed the club (again). I urge others to do so too. I don't believe that this fee raises enough cash to make the risk of losing customers worthwhile.

Season Tickets 2015/16

I am disappointed that the £25 fee for reserving the same seats for my children is still in place for next season.

We were only able to attend about a dozen games this season due to other commitments. I am sure it will be the same next season. While I would like to help the club, and particularly Archie, by purchasing a season ticket again, I seriously have to consider the financial commitment for next season. If it wasn’t for the extra £50 outlay I would have no hesitation.

In order to help me make a final decision please could you let me know the full contents of the TAG Core package for next season. Details in the club announcement about season tickets are a little sketchy and imply that they have changed. In particular, what is the position regarding the online commentary?

I hope that you will be able to reverse your decision on this ‘booking fee’ for kids. I would be grateful for a full reply before June 15, the deadline for discounted renewals. I note that my previous email on this matter, dated May 15, went unanswered.

Best wishes
  • Like 1

On subject of "priority" for OF games surely ST holders should get priority. I appreciate and sympathise if this means some NS PATG fans are inconvenienced but ill give you 2 analogies that are not dissimilar

Would a non-member of a golf club get priority over members for a tee time ?

If two people were after the last stand by seat on a flight would it go to the Exec Club member or the walk up punter?

Bluntly it would be commercially crazy to pee off someone who ends up behind a pillar / the NS goals in preference to someone who potentially makes one game a season.

I appreciate that might sound a bit harsh - but if the whole purpose of this is commercially based (despite the "match day experience" taking a back seat as a result for many) to do anything other than give ST holders priority would be madness.

• Like 1

On subject of "priority" for OF games surely ST holders should get priority. I appreciate and sympathise if this means some NS PATG fans are inconvenienced but ill give you 2 analogies that are not dissimilar

If two people were after the last stand by seat on a flight would it go to the Exec Club member or the walk up punter?

Bluntly it would be commercially crazy to pee off someone who ends up behind a pillar / the NS goals in preference to someone who potentially makes one game a season.

I appreciate that might sound a bit harsh - but if the whole purpose of this is commercially based (despite the "match day experience" taking a back seat as a result for many) to do anything other than give ST holders priority would be madness.

At this moment it looks and sounds as if the BOD are just winging it , long term implication of this decision IMO is ridiculous and sets a dangerous precedent for our supporters.

2100 seater stand.

700 regulars.

1400 empty seats every week.

We have 1500 season ticket holders across both stands.

The maths are plain to see, even if every JHS ST holder wanted to use the NS. There's room for that to happen.

So why is it an issue to allow the 400 or so regular PATG NS users the opportunity to have the seat they have stood at for the last 3 years? Where they have stood and helped create an atmosphere from?

Why break that up?

It just seems to me a completely bizzare idea. Giving the NS PATG regulars first opportunity to hold their seat, will not prevent a single JHS ST holder from getting in the NS.

2100 seater stand.

700 regulars.

1400 empty seats every week.

We have 1500 season ticket holders across both stands.

The maths are plain to see, even if every JHS ST holder wanted to use the NS. There's room for that to happen.

So why is it an issue to allow the 400 or so regular PATG NS users the opportunity to have the seat they have stood at for the last 3 years? Where they have stood and helped create an atmosphere from?

Why break that up?

It just seems to me a completely bizzare idea. Giving the NS PATG regulars first opportunity to hold their seat, will not prevent a single JHS ST holder from getting in the NS.

Not trying to be pedantic but why move the majority of our Fans from the JH stand probably as you say about 1500 , would it not make more sense to move the 600 in the North Stand to the JH stand . If we're going to accommodate the OF fans would it not be better to give them the North Stand and any overspill to the Main Stand . By the way last attendance at Firhill for the Celtic game was 5700 so it wasn't remotely near capacity which makes the BOD figures of extra income of 250k at best fanciful.

Not trying to be pedantic but why move the majority of our Fans from the JH stand probably as you say about 1500 , would it not make more sense to move the 600 in the North Stand to the JH stand . If we're going to accommodate the OF fans would it not be better to give them the North Stand and any overspill to the Main Stand . By the way last attendance at Firhill for the Celtic game was 5700 so it wasn't remotely near capacity which makes the BOD figures of extra income of 250k at best fanciful.

Not even a possibility as the police won't allow Celtic fans in the main stand and the club won't push them on it.

It's all about money, and this is the easiest way to make money. Partick Thistle fans are not the priority here.

• Like 1

• Members

Why break that up?

How do they prove they are a regular PATG customer? What's to stop me saying I'm a regular in that part of that stand? Totally unworkable PT.
  • Like 1

Not even a possibility as the police won't allow Celtic fans in the main stand and the club won't push them on it.

Slightly off topic again, but have the police actually confirmed this or is this another example of the BoD saying something to try & justify it?

I'd also like to know what the club's reasons are for the 10% increase in ST price. Especially as they are moving the JHS ST holders to make money.

Are finances really that bad?