New Sponsor

ThickAsThieves

Certainly unique...

Kingsford_Capital_440X293.jpg

Kingsford Capital Management to be Jags' new title sponsor

"Kingsford Capital will become the club’s new title sponsor with the deal – which represents a significant improvement on the previous agreement"

"The new deal is worth a six figure sum to the Scottish premiership side and will run for at least two seasons."

I always think "six figure sum" means "100K but we'd like you to think it's a lot more and get excited". While 100K (even over two years) is not to be sneezed at by a club like us, is it that much better than the McBee deal? The article does suggest they are going to get involved in other ways so hopefully a wee bit more money may come in on top of the basic deal.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Only Thistle could bring in a California based Art enthusiast after a meeting with a Turner prize nominated artist. You couldn't make this stuff up. If this is a six figure sum and a big increase on the MacB deal then I'm very disappointed that the old deal was so small.

Just need the new shirt now, so that I can take that logo to Cuba at the end of July.

Immediate thoughts:

Turner Prize artist is involved and they have a logo that looks like that... and a financial services firm that clearly misspelt "business" on their logo and thought the presentational solution was to black out the second s.

I'd say this sounded suspiciously made-up but it achieves the characteristics of incompetence over connivance. They'll fit in well at Thistle!

• Like 1

This is good. Very good. DD posting above sums it up spot on as one of these "only Thistle" occasions. It's also refreshing to have one of our celebrity supporters deliver the goods for once.

Btw It hardly makes me Nostradamus but I did bring up the idea of David Shrigley getting involved in an artistic way with PTFC a wee while back but more likely to do with the Bing. A mural maybe? Or am I getting ahead of myself again? :)

Btw It hardly makes me Nostradamus but I did bring up the idea of David Shrigley getting involved in an artistic way with PTFC a wee while back but more likely to do with the Bing. A mural maybe? Or am I getting ahead of myself again? :)

I'm sure Shrigley is more than capable of designing a gnome or two.

I can't seem to find an official website or a Twitter account for the company. I don't doubt that they are a real business, it would just be nice to actually see what they do.

They're a hedge fund biased towards shorting stocks. The co-owner has some of his own art on display at the Smithsonian.

Only Thistle could bring in a California based Art enthusiast after a meeting with a Turner prize nominated artist. You couldn't make this stuff up. If this is a six figure sum and a big increase on the MacB deal then I'm very disappointed that the old deal was so small.

Just need the new shirt now, so that I can take that logo to Cuba at the end of July.

Gotta mind that MacB deal would reflect our then league status.