New Sponsor

ThickAsThieves

I'd love to see the design work and sketch preparation which went into that logo and mascot. Must have taken him ages.

" You also might find it interesting to know that Kingsley is a visual manifestation of our society’s fears, a manifestation that takes the form of a Demented Nightmare Sun here to haunt our dreams forever and rule us with fire and blood.

Submit to Kingsley. Accept Kingsley. Life will be simpler under him. All hail Kingsley.

"

not long back from over two weeks holidaying in a galaxy far far away ..... and i come back to this.

after the relative close season transfer inactivity (and even rumours) so far, thistle have melted the internet today.

absolutely top drawer mentalist out the box thinking ..... i knock the board when they deserve knocked, but today, they, and whoever else came up with this madcap bonkers idea and had the balls to run with it, deserve nothing but praise and are deserving of toasting tonight (and not by the firebreathing version of kingsley that's doing the rounds on twitter).

i think it is brilliant marketing and reflective of what thistle quintessentially is (or always should be) ..... quirky, bold, different, uniquely individual, standing out from the norm and the crowd, not afraid of the bigger boys.

and today, thistle have well and truly mixed with and blown everyone out the water.

mcbookie for example, state:

Partick Thistle's new mascot has got more publicity than the signing of any player in Scotland in the last five years!!!

i've seen it reported from net and news channels not just in scotland and even the uk, but worldwide media outlets. it's been on numerous football clubs twitter feeds and forums. time.com, paramount pictures, politicians (not just oor mhairi) feeds, the list of outlets and people covering and commenting on it is astounding (also check out #LessTerrifyingPartickThistleMascots for some screamers).

the initial limp wristed pc media reaction (it's terrifying, scares kids, and other nonsense) has been blown out the water by a flood of memes and praise from around the world. a quick look on p+b shows supporters of other clubs across the country giving kudos and chapeaus to ptfc, as they look on in envy.

kids get into firhill for free? who cares, kingsley with his dead eyes, open mouth, monobrow and general appearance, will see us reported to childline over their nightmares that see them fearing being devoured by our new mascot. hugs with the new mascot and nicey pics are out the window.

apparently, his league home debut is now a live tv game ..... can't wait to see kingsley have a confrontation with wee scotty brown.

new strip better be a rip roaring cracker though ..... lots to live up to after today.

Well said, yoda.

I have been very critical of those running our club. Tonight I raise a glass to them.

Now, get the merchandise out quickly.

I just wanted to give my take on what has been a crazy 12 hours for Partick Thistle.

Firstly, the board have to be congratulated on this move. It is obviously at some level a “PR stunt.” I just don’t think even the board expected it to blow up the way it did. I’ve already seen news reports on regional and national news, as well as articles on ESPN, The Washington Post, New York Times and Fox News. As per usual, there are a couple of old Thistle duffers on Twitter saying “this is an embarrassment,” “we are a laughing stock” etc. What these people forget is that other fans aren’t laughing at us, but rather they are laughing with us. We all know it’s a balls-to-the-wall-bat-s#!t-crazy idea, but that is why it’s amazing.

The second point is, we cannot compete with the big boys in this league in terms of finance, fan base or reputation. We will probably never finish any higher than 4th place in the SPL for as long as many of us are alive. So what we need to do is ask ourselves: “what else can we do to increase our reputation?” And one area we can compete is coming up with crazy out of the box ideas. Whether it’s camouflage strips or mental mascots, we have always distinguished ourselves as a unique alternative in Scottish football, and can any fan really grudge us that? Within just 12hrs, a completely mental idea has generated more publicity worldwide than any Scottish club has in a very long time. And as I mentioned on Twitter, I personally think this is one of the greatest PR successes in Scottish football history. Although it may not generate money, a reputation is never a bad thing and can open doors for the club in other ways.

So obviously I expect people not to like it. You’ll get the usual stupid objections such as “I let my 5 year old sit all day on his Xbox playing Call of Duty, but a big yellow costume is going too far and will terrify my kids…blah blah blah.” But let’s look at the 12 hours. We have secured probably our most lucrative sponsor to date, we have brought an artist on board, we have increased our merchandise potential, and we are currently the most famous club on social media. Not bad for a wee diddy team from Glasgow.

• Like 11

I just wanted to give my take on what has been a crazy 12 hours for Partick Thistle.

Firstly, the board have to be congratulated on this move. It is obviously at some level a “PR stunt.” I just don’t think even the board expected it to blow up the way it did. I’ve already seen news reports on regional and national news, as well as articles on ESPN, The Washington Post, New York Times and Fox News. As per usual, there are a couple of old Thistle duffers on Twitter saying “this is an embarrassment,” “we are a laughing stock” etc. What these people forget is that other fans aren’t laughing at us, but rather they are laughing with us. We all know it’s a balls-to-the-wall-bat-s#!t-crazy idea, but that is why it’s amazing.

The second point is, we cannot compete with the big boys in this league in terms of finance, fan base or reputation. We will probably never finish any higher than 4th place in the SPL for as long as many of us are alive. So what we need to do is ask ourselves: “what else can we do to increase our reputation?” And one area we can compete is coming up with crazy out of the box ideas. Whether it’s camouflage strips or mental mascots, we have always distinguished ourselves as a unique alternative in Scottish football, and can any fan really grudge us that? Within just 12hrs, a completely mental idea has generated more publicity worldwide than any Scottish club has in a very long time. And as I mentioned on Twitter, I personally think this is one of the greatest PR successes in Scottish football history. Although it may not generate money, a reputation is never a bad thing and can open doors for the club in other ways.

So obviously I expect people not to like it. You’ll get the usual stupid objections such as “I let my 5 year old sit all day on his Xbox playing Call of Duty, but a big yellow costume is going too far and will terrify my kids…blah blah blah.” But let’s look at the 12 hours. We have secured probably our most lucrative sponsor to date, we have brought an artist on board, we have increased our merchandise potential, and we are currently the most famous club on social media. Not bad for a wee diddy team from Glasgow.

out of likes but bang on the money.

If Kingsley is intentional, as opposed to the product of an artist's over-fertile imagination turned accidental hit, then he is a PR masterstroke.

Either way, all we need now is for a few thousand of those people who have been reading about him tonight to buy season tickets and we'll be laughing. ;)

34r96he.jpg This is the best Monday off I've had in ages! Partick Thistle Kingsley mania on the internets! People already asking where they can buy Kingsley merchandise. I would thoroughly recommend the Twitter feed just now, some really funny stuff appearing https://twitter.com/...histle&src=typd

Yes, brought a big smile to my coupon.

Kingsley is utterly original and brilliant.

• Like 1

34r96he.jpg This is the best Monday off I've had in ages! Partick Thistle Kingsley mania on the internets! People already asking where they can buy Kingsley merchandise. I would thoroughly recommend the Twitter feed just now, some really funny stuff appearing https://twitter.com/...histle&src=typd

Yes, some of the comments really quite funny.

Kingsley is utterly original and brilliant.

This time yesterday morning I had never heard of David Shrigley!! My kneejerk reaction especially to the mascot was yugh but....

Seems he has done for Thistle more good in terms of global exposure in 24 hours than Club has experienced since formation.

Mad..but wonderful and just what Thistle is about..we are, after all, still the "Great Unpredictables"!