Season Tickets

Lionel J. Botch

As if it's any sort of reference:

St Mirren sold 2050 by their early bird deadline. The first week in June. Up from 1870 at the corresponding time, the previous season.

Today that figure sits at 2261.

I'm sure we had 2000+ season ticket holders last season, potentially more than 30% to date haven't renewed.

Edited by potty trained

I'm sure we had 2000+ season ticket holders last season, potentially more than 30% to date haven't renewed.

But there'll be some of them on here soon complaining about the lack of signings. :frantic: I could understand it if we'd been dire last season but we were OK most of the time and had a really good spell, maintaining our league place comfortably in the end. What more can the club do really? :eyebrow:

Maybe a Tag member who's perk is a direct relation with a member of the board could do it?

Or maybe it could be suggested at the next cloak and dagger, sorry, federation meeting? Seen as there's not been any contact since the beginning of May, I think.

No directors have been added to TAG as of yet

I understand BB, but it's been done to death that's all.

Maybe, but so too are threads about getting more bums on seats. This just being another of many. But I don't want to see threads like this one dismissed as been done to death. So by logic I don't see why the view of a poster, who believes it relevant to the subject matter should be summarily dismissed.

• Like 1

Maybe, but so too are threads about getting more bums on seats. This just being another of many. But I don't want to see threads like this one dismissed as been done to death. So by logic I don't see why the view of a poster, who believes it relevant to the subject matter should be summarily dismissed.

Fair enough LIB, I know many subjects get repeated, but the £25 kids fee has been set by the club, it's been debated many times and there seems to be a group for and a group against it. It seems for now to be a pointless debate as the Club aren't going to change it this season, so it's just annoying for it to be brought up yet again in another thread.

Appreciate the Zebra offer but personally would be in favour of a 3 instalment option - c£115 a month for June July and August - club have the cash before end of the window and no ongoing commitment beyond then (and hence more likely to go to more away games as well).

Will be renewing tmrw and adding kids tickets x 2.

Put simply every additional 120 odd adult season tickets = potential new player so hopefully we can get over the 1500 mark at least

Another thought - the club have said a few times that they won't offer half season tickets / 5 game packages etc... from the start of the season as they don't want to cannibalise their existing ST 'portfolio'. I wonder if they have conducted any research to understand what the market for alternative ticket packages? There's an old saying that if you don't cannibalise your own market someone else will - I wonder how many fans won't / can't afford a ST but would purchase a cheaper package, yet as it's not offered end up as PATG and attend less games than they planned to.

I'll put my hand up - I'm probably one.

I'm pointing out why some season ticket holders haven't renewed. I would have thought that was relevant if you were greetin about numbers being low. At least I can directly evidence this as having an impact unlike muttering so about marquee signings, losing players and other such unsubstantiated stuff.

Incidentally, the numbers are broadly in line with this time last year.

The whole idea of season tickets etc needs looked at. If the key is to get money in up front, then there needs to be an incentive. Relying on folk wanting to keep their seat has minimal impact. Chasing people away with unnecessary fees is another.

Incidentally , I would have thought 1500-1750 ST was reasonable for a club with 2500-3000 fans.

Well the money funds signings? St Mirren have been quoted as an example. Let's face it, they are building from scratch so the need major cash on day one. Hence the reason they heavily discounted. It's not about the number of tickets sold, it's about how much revenue they generate.

Killie are another example. Smoke and mirrors,

Well the money funds signings? St Mirren have been quoted as an example. Let's face it, they are building from scratch so the need major cash on day one. Hence the reason they heavily discounted. It's not about the number of tickets sold, it's about how much revenue they generate.

Killie are another example. Smoke and mirrors,

We're ours not discounted prior to today's deadline?

Renewals were 308 and early bird 319. Normal is 340. Pretty much the price of one home game covering all three. As I say, hardly worth breaking the bank for.

If you are a north stander and have cash flow issues because of holidays etc, you'll still be better off purchasing a ticket at 340 compared to walk up. So if I were in that position, I'd wait until the holidays were out of the way then renew at 340. Wouldn't you? Same if you aren't too fussed where you sit in JH stand.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Renewals were 308 and early bird 319. Normal is 340. Pretty much the price of one home game covering all three. As I say, hardly worth breaking the bank for.

If you are a north stander and have cash flow issues because of holidays etc, you'll still be better off purchasing a ticket at 340 compared to walk up. So if I were in that position, I'd wait until the holidays were out of the way then renew at 340. Wouldn't you? Same if you aren't too fussed where you sit in JH stand.

So a heavier discount than St Mirren which were £290 early bird increased to £310

Just for reference, here's their prices of adults don't want to take their kids to the family stand:

West Stand

Juvenile (13-17) – £140

Child (12 and under) – 1 free per adult/concession season tickets***

Additional Child (12 and under) – £20

Our core support is crap. We were playing well most weeks and also winning a lot in the latter end of the season and still the home crowds rarely were over 3k. I personally missed a lot of games due to work, but I'm just one fan, the rest aren't interested by and large.

Fighting a losing battle unfortunately.

Our core support is crap. We were playing well most weeks and also winning a lot in the latter end of the season and still the home crowds rarely were over 3k. I personally missed a lot of games due to work, but I'm just one fan, the rest aren't interested by and large.

Fighting a losing battle unfortunately.

We are each just one fan and none of us are the rest.

• Like 1

So a heavier discount than St Mirren which were £290 early bird increased to £310

Just for reference, here's their prices of adults don't want to take their kids to the family stand:

West Stand

Juvenile (13-17) – £140

St Mirren's discount was £275, then £290, then £310.

West Stand

Juvenile (13-17) – £140

What were their prices last year. Just wondering if a reduction in the price has resulted in an increase in the uptake - or maybe it is the prospect of better results than last season.

Suspect the success of Glasgow Warriors might be having a small impact. Even if 50 -100 families had switched then this would have quite a big impact. I recognise the fixtures don't always clash but it may come down to a choice between spending your cash on the Warriors and the Jags and the match-day experience at Scotstoun edges ours at the moment.

• Like 1

Incidentally, I assume everyone contributing here has renewed? If not, it would be good to understand why?

I've never had a season ticket - I play sport on a Saturday and work away from Glasgow in mid-week and never make it to more than 5 home games per season. However if there was a 5-ish game package that I could buy at the start of the season, even for minimal discount (or maybe some other non-cash incentive - prize draw etc...) then I would buy it knowing that it would help the club/Archie budget for the season.