Be A Pro - Some More New Signings (Sort Of)

Paulo

Making it a bid opens it up to an exclusive group of people that can afford to spend large sums of money to try and obtain the prize. I would like to see the club being inclusive to all and offering a raffle ticket prize, perhaps sold every week of the previous season, that would mean anyone could achieve this opportunity.

Making it a bid opens it up to an exclusive group of people that can afford to spend large sums of money to try and obtain the prize.

That's the point. We need large sums of money and this is a great way of getting large sums of money from people with large sums of money to give us.

It's a great idea. Not sure how there can be any complaints about it!

• Like 2

That's the point. We need large sums of money and this is a great way of getting large sums of money from people with large sums of money to give us.

It's a great idea. Not sure how there can be any complaints about it!

It's not a complaint simply an observation that the marketing of it could have been more inclusive, something that we pride ourselves on being.

Like others I could never pay a wedge of cash for this but I'd happily have bought a ticket every few home games last season so they'd have had a tenner from me and loads of others. Turning one of the prizes over to a raffle would still have left 4 for the auction and you'd likely make 1k plus in raffle sales.

Making it a bid opens it up to an exclusive group of people that can afford to spend large sums of money to try and obtain the prize. I would like to see the club being inclusive to all and offering a raffle ticket prize, perhaps sold every week of the previous season, that would mean anyone could achieve this opportunity.

It's not a complaint simply an observation that the marketing of it could have been more inclusive, something that we pride ourselves on being.

Like others I could never pay a wedge of cash for this but I'd happily have bought a ticket every few home games last season so they'd have had a tenner from me and loads of others. Turning one of the prizes over to a raffle would still have left 4 for the auction and you'd likely make 1k plus in raffle sales.

There's nothing to stop wearethistle collectively putting a bid in. If successful raffle it amongst the participants. If unsuccessful use the proceeds to sponsor player shirts and boots. Something we'll probably be doing anyway.

Also it is a possibility that if this succeeds enough to merit repeating something along the lines suggested may be implemented to run alongside maximising the revenue from our more well heeled supporters. Personally pleased at the sign of some marketing. Edited by The Prince of Kadriorg

I think it is a great idea, I can't afford it either, but combining the ideas of the Lady and Clydebank Jag, it could still happen for me......

Of course it could be hijacked by egomaniacs with no concern for Thistle at all in an open auction and we could end up being used for (relatively) cheap publicity.

I think it is a great idea, I can't afford it either, but combining the ideas of the Lady and Clydebank Jag, it could still happen for me...... Of course it could be hijacked by egomaniacs with no concern for Thistle at all in an open auction and we could end up being used for (relatively) cheap publicity.

Weren't you already a Jags player?

http://9sxh8x.jpg

I can just imagine the "Who are the Jags in this photo?" thread in 30 years time, with people posting photos and asking if anybody remembers the fat, baldy c*nts in the front row of 2015-2016 squad photo. :D

Then checking the historical records to see if we'd signed Kris Boyd that season and if we had whether we'd cloned him as well.

If the people who win the auction are in all respects properly registered with the SPFL/SFA, what about them making their debuts in the last 5 mins of the final game of the season? Unless of course were are trying to win the championship, qualify for Europe or avoid something horrible! Would that prospect increase the size of the bids?

If the people who win the auction are in all respects properly registered with the SPFL/SFA, what about them making their debuts in the last 5 mins of the final game of the season? Unless of course were are trying to win the championship, qualify for Europe or avoid something horrible! Would that prospect increase the size of the bids?

Said "player" would of course need to sign a waiver to protect the club(s) involved if he or she got clattered, injured or merely humiliated.

and hey PTFC PR people - we NEED a video of our 5 winners getting punished at pre-season training!!! I know i'd last about 2 minutes!!!!

"For me, I'm a right back and I always tried to copy SOD. I even got my name and the number 2 on my shirt."

Come on. You'd be fine.

• Like 1