Chris Duggan

Lindau

Duggan never struck me as a player that would make it at our level. Could do well down the leagues as he is a good finisher.

He has hardly scored any in the lower leagues though he was injured for a fair bit of the time he was out on loan.

A real shame if he has been let go, the few times I saw him I thought he had a real chance. Great finisher and also coped with the physical side of the game very well. I remember seeing the U20s beat Celtic 1-0 at Firhill, we were really up against it in the final few minutes and Duggan was up front on his own. Came back and won a few headers in the box and was brilliant at holding up the ball on the half way line much in the same way Lyle Taylor has done so often for us. Having someone that can do that is vital when trying to hold on to a 1 goal lead. If he stays injury free he could still have a decent career in the game.

Not sure if Duggan signing for Morton as they have the guy in loan from Birmingham and a guy from Celtic joining them on loan. Hope he gets a club, injuries haven't helped his progress.

It is a bit strange that the club haven't announced that he has been released

Archie mentioned him yesterday. Still training with the club. Too old for U20 but not developed enough for main squad. Very unlucky with injuries at crucial stages of his development. Got the impression that Archie still has high hopes for him but is stuck with no real place for him to play so can't commit to any future involvement.

Archie mentioned him yesterday. Still training with the club. Too old for U20 but not developed enough for main squad. Very unlucky with injuries at crucial stages of his development. Got the impression that Archie still has high hopes for him but is stuck with no real place for him to play so can't commit to any future involvement.

Sounds like he's the sort of player we'd have signed a couple of years ago. Good luck to the lad.

• 4 weeks later...

I think we might have signed him so we can send Nisbet out on loan, and still have a third choice striker.

That would make sense.

Bit vague on Archie's answer to a question about Duggan at the recent Q & A but I think Archie just mentioned his rather bad run of injuries and not rushing the lad back to fitness. I knew he'd been over in Spain with the younger lads so that didn't quite fit in with a player that had been released. I suppose it's just been a case of an injured player being out of contract and having to bide his time to get a renewal. I don't quite understand the Morton trial thingy tho'.

• 8 months later...

Couple of goals for Duggan tonight in the play off first leg. Takes him to 8 for the season according to the BBC website (so probably wrong!). Any chance of him getting another contract in the summer? Suspect he's more likely to join Queens Park on a permanent deal.

Also see that McGuigan's got a couple for Stranraer against Livi, giving him 9 for the season.