Stats Watch 2015-16

The Jukebox Rebel

:detective: 10.05.2016 Dundee United 3 Partick Thistle 3 (SPFL Premiership - game 37)

• James Penrice becomes the 28th player to register a competitive appearance for the season. The 17-year-old provides a high-quality assist on his competitive debut.
  • On Saturday Kris Doolan becomes the first Jag in history to register 3 Hogans. Last night he became the first Jag in history to register 4 of them! He has now scored in 3 out of 4 same-season League matches vs QOS 11-12; vs Ayr Utd 11-12; vs Kilmarnock 15-16; vs Dundee United 15-16. Not only does this guy set club-records, he breaks his own all in a week's work!
  • Kris Doolan bags his 94th goal (all games) for the club, and might well break through that overall 100 goals barrier sometime in 2016.
  • Kris Doolan scores for Thistle in 4 consecutive competitve games; a new personal-best for the striker. He's the first Jag since James Grady in 2004 to register this feat purely in top-flight action. Joe McBride was the last man to do 5-in-a-row in the top-flight, set away back in August 1961. The club-record for the top-flight is 6-in-a-row, set by Sandy Hair in October 1923 and equalled by Bobby Howitt in February 1953.
  • With 13 goals, Kris moves up to joint 5th in this season's Scottish Premiership scorers chart. Looks a certainty that only he and Billy McKay will be able to lay claim to being ever-presents in the end-of-season Top 10 scorers chart of the SPFL Premiership.
  • Freddy Frans is the first Jag in the 21st century to score for and against Thistle in the same match. (Cracking header though!)
  • Unluckily, Freddy is the first Jag in the 21st century to register 2 own-goals in the same season.
  • A shift of at least 84 minutes from Steven Lawless (3221 mins) on Saturday would see him pip Callum Booth (3304 mins) in terms of most game time for Thistle in 2015-16.
  • A brace from Kris Doolan on Saturday would see him equal his personal-best senior tally of 15 League goals in a season, achieved in 2010-11.

ongoing sequences:

• 39 consecutive competitive appearances for Steven Lawless, 9th Aug 2015 to date. (Longest run since: Callum Booth - 46 games; 14th Mar 2015 to 9th Apr 2016. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games; 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
  • 48 competitive away games without a penalty award, 1st Mar 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 64 games; 17th Apr 1948 to 3rd Mar 1951. Club-record: 73 games; 1st Apr 1911 to 7th Nov 1914. *)

* These streaks are perceived and not categoric, and should therefore be considered with some degree of caution. In their favour, two independent researchers have looked carefully at press reports which cover virtually all of the matches from the time. It's entirely possible, however, that penalties may have went unreported or, indeed, are noted in alternative press reports which have not yet come to the attention of the researchers.

Who was the last Jag to score for and against Thistle in the same match I wonder?

2 own goals by the same player in the same season, ever been done before I wonder? Surely it has?

I didn't realise that Penrice was only 17. Well done , young 'un !

Kris Doolan: what can you say that hasn't already been said? How lucky are we that he is happy to be scoring for us and not some rival team. I hope he's working on his coaching badges or whatever you call them, to take over from Archie when Archie fails to get the team to retain the Champions League for the fourth time in a row.

Edited by Jaggernaut

• Freddy Frans improves his supreme clean-sheet ratio with Thistle; now 9 in 20 competitive games for this season (45%) and 19 in 42 competitive games overall (45.2%).

Out of the many many numbers that your hard work throws up, this stat stands out for me TJR.

Given what was raised on another thread by the good Duke, what are the similar figures for this season for Dan and Liam?

And I suppose it's worth asking at the same time, what are their records as pairings?

Edited by Barney Rubble

• Freddy Frans improves his supreme clean-sheet ratio with Thistle; now 9 in 20 competitive games for this season (45%) and 19 in 42 competitive games overall (45.2%).

Out of the many many numbers that your hard work throws up, this stat stands out for me TJR.

Given what was raised on another thread by the good Duke, what are the similar figures for this season for Dan and Liam?

And I suppose it's worth asking at the same time, what are their records as pairings?

And my next question is - when was the last time we scored two goals from corners in the same game?

Jeez, 5 goals lost in the last 2 games, did we hex the big guy do you think? Ach well, at least he's now getting heavily into the goals at the other end!

In competitive action,

Dan's got 10 in 35 (28.6%) this term and 16 in 57 (28.1%) career total.

Liam's got 6 in 27 (22.2%) this term and 7 in 30 (23.3%) career total.

Barney, I'm going to present some end-of-season round ups in the next week and I'll make a point of highlighting how the pairings have fared, should be quite straightforward for me to do and will be interesting to see...

By the way, David's right about the corners... 2 from Banzo it was. I should point out that I'm not usually holding any reliable info about such things. I do record the assists as you probably know, but these often come a play or two after the corner's been taken.

:detective: 17.05.2016 Partick Thistle 2 Hamilton Academical 2 (SPFL Premiership - game 38)

• Matthew McInally becomes the 31st player to be listed on a competitive first-team team-sheet this season, and later in the game, becomes the 29th to register an appearance - his competitive debut.
  • Kris Doolan scores in the second minute matching his quickest existing effort - the opener in a 2-1 Challenge Cup victory over Ayr United in September 2010.
  • Kris scores for Thistle in 5 consecutive competitive games, extending his new personal-best. He's the first Jag since Joe McBride in 1961 to achieve this feat purely in top-flight action. A share of the all-time club-record top-flight 6-in-a-row, set by Sandy Hair in October 1923 and equalled by Bobby Howitt in February 1953, is now firmly in his sights.
  • Doolan's headed opener ends a drought of 4 months without a Thistle goal at the North Stand.
  • The clumsy concession of a penalty typifies another terrible crime-count season for Thistle. With my arbitrary system (1 pt yel; 4 pts red; 5 pts pen) Thistle lost 127 pts to 69 pts in this season's competitive tally up; a comprehensive hammering.
  • In his 44th game, Freddy Frans registers his first-ever assist for the Jags, completing a very lively week for the big Belgian!
  • Amoo's headed goal in 19 minutes ensured that Thistle have now returned a first-half double in 2-games-in-a-row, a real about-turn on this season's abysmal first-half record. It's only the second time such a dizzying streak has been achieved since Thistle's promotion.
  • James Penrice, the most recently-born player to play for Thistle, has now delivered 3 goal-making corners in his first 2 matches. The youngster deservedly picks up the man-of-the-match award.
  • In the 61st minute, Kevin Nisbet registers his 9th competitive appearance of the season, although he's yet to get his first start. It's the second highest such figure in the last 20 years - only Shaun Fraser (with an astonishing 17 in 2010-11) has went beyond Kevin's total.
  • With his 14 goals tally, Kris Doolan finishes as the joint-5th top goalscorer in this season's SPFL Premiership. It's the third consecutive season that Kris has finished in that Top 10 - he was joint-10th (with 9) in 2014-15 and joint-9th (with 11) in 2013-14. Billy McKay and Kris Doolan are the only 2 men who can lay claim to being ever-presents in the SPFL Premiership end-of-season Top 10 goal scorers chart.
  • Kris finishes as Partick Thistle's outright top League scorer for the 5th time and becomes the first man in history to do so. Note: Wille Sharp also registered 5 seasons (3 of which were in the Southern League), but his total figure in 1944-45 was shared with 2 others.
  • Steven Lawless (3311 mins) pips Callum Booth (3304 mins) as the Jag with most competitive game time for Thistle in 2015-16.
  • The great steady predictables lose 16 out of 38 Premiership matches for the third season-in-a-row. :D

ongoing sequences:

• 40 consecutive competitive appearances for Steven Lawless, 9th Aug 2015 to date. (Longest run since: Callum Booth - 46 games; 14th Mar 2015 to 9th Apr 2016. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games; 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
  • 48 competitive away games without a penalty award, 1st Mar 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 64 games; 17th Apr 1948 to 3rd Mar 1951. Club-record: 73 games; 1st Apr 1911 to 7th Nov 1914. *)

* These streaks are perceived and not categoric, and should therefore be considered with some degree of caution. In their favour, two independent researchers have looked carefully at press reports which cover virtually all of the matches from the time. It's entirely possible, however, that penalties may have went unreported or, indeed, are noted in alternative press reports which have not yet come to the attention of the researchers.

So, Kris scores in all 5 post-split games. I wonder if he's the first player in Scotland ever to do so? :thinking:

So, Kris scores in all 5 post-split games. I wonder if he's the first player in Scotland ever to do so? :thinking:

Wow!

Thanks for everything this season TJR - genuinely one of the things I look forward to post match.

Firstly a cracking question, veejag. :thumbsup2:

Secondly can I echo veejag's thanks to TJR. :thumbsup2:

Thirdly Doolan's "5 in a row" more or less corresponds with my time watching the Jags. Fantastic achievement, Kris. :thumbsup2:

eta meant to say- since McBride's

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Barney, I'm going to present some end-of-season round ups in the next week and I'll make a point of highlighting how the pairings have fared, should be quite straightforward for me to do and will be interesting to see...

You even give us something to look forward to after the end of the season!

You are the forum's star, TJR!!

• Like 2

You even give us something to look forward to after the end of the season!

You are the forum's star, TJR!!

Barney began a poem, so let me finish it, in true McGonagall fashion

You are the forum's star,

TJR.

Thank you for all your time and trouble,

From me and Barney Rubble.

• Like 1

^ Cheers folks. And such hidden talents. Who knew? :o

A few end of season tables from the great Jaggy database for your perusal...

14ul6jm.jpg

Most appearances: Steven Lawless (40); David Amoo (40)

Most starts: Steven Lawless (39)

Most utilised sub: Mathias Pogba (17)

Most substituted: David Amoo (18)

Most unused sub: Ryan Scully (30)

Most goals: Kris Doolan (14)

Most assists: Stuart Bannigan (7)

Most clean-sheets: Abdul Osman (12); Kris Doolan (12); David Amoo (12)

Most yellow cards: Abdul Osman (12)

Most red cards: Liam Lindsay (2)

Greatest game-time: Steven Lawless (3311 minutes)

Youngest appearance: James Penrice (17 years, 4 months, 19 days) 10.05.2016 Dundee United [a] D3-3 (SPFL Premiership - game 37)

Oldest appearance: Paul Gallacher (36 years, 2 months, 22 days) 07.11.2015 Dundee [a] D1-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 14)

2dankfa.jpg

Of those who have played 10 games or more…

Most points-per-game: Ryan Edwards (1.35)

Best clean-sheet ratio: David Wilson [ii] (41.7%); Christie Elliott (41.7%)

Best goals-for per-game ratio: Ryan Scully (1.70)

Best goals-against per-game ratio: Tomáš Černý (1.06)

Best goal difference: Ryan Edwards (+2)

Least points-per-game: Ryan Stevenson (0.55)

Worst clean-sheet ratio: Ryan Stevenson (9.1%)

Worst goals-for per-game ratio: Ryan Stevenson (0.46)

Worst goals-against per-game ratio: Ryan Scully (2.00)

Worst goal difference: Ryan Stevenson (-13)

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel