Ryan Edwards

dougie247

Just thought I'd drop in a mention of something being forgotten in all the talk about our new Ryan. Kevin Nesbit has had his contract extended till 2018. Highly rated I believe and just turned 18. Good to see this along with Lindsay's extension recently.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/september_2015/nisbet_signs_extension

• Like 1

Just thought I'd drop in a mention of something being forgotten in all the talk about our new Ryan. Kevin Nesbit has had his contract extended till 2018. Highly rated I believe and just turned 18. Good to see this along with Lindsay's extension recently.

This. Key to future revenue

Pleased with that and it should give the media (and Mr Bunny for that matter :)) enough time to spell his name correctly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I get that folk are a little underwhelmed by the contract extension news, but if he plays like he did in Hamilton this could be a major signing for us. Comparisons with Craigan are way off - much as I liked James, there's no way he would have been captain of his national team, at any level. Edwards reminds me more of an attack-minded Bannigan - in and about the opposition constantly with a fair bit of skill to him. Good news, in my opinion.

If Edwards can consistently play to the level he did in the second half at Hamilton, he could be a very important player next season. I had only seen him in fleeting substitute appearances where he struggled to make any real impact but I was impressed by his tenacity and energy against Hamilton. Seems to be a good sort too.

If Edwards can consistently play to the level he did in the second half at Hamilton, he could be a very important player next season. I had only seen him in fleeting substitute appearances where he struggled to make any real impact but I was impressed by his tenacity and energy against Hamilton. Seems to be a good sort too.

Not sure why your signature says "Bring back Mad Aussie"? Why not just keep the Sensible Aussie?

I rate him. His first professional goal will have done him a power of good. Think he could be an important player for us next season. Edwards and Erskine, can't wait to see it.

I get that folk are a little underwhelmed by the contract extension news, but if he plays like he did in Hamilton this could be a major signing for us. Comparisons with Craigan are way off - much as I liked James, there's no way he would have been captain of his national team, at any level. Edwards reminds me more of an attack-minded Bannigan - in and about the opposition constantly with a fair bit of skill to him. Good news, in my opinion.

I am certainly not underwhelmed. I think this is great news. Prior to his effective performance and brilliant goal against Hamilton, he had put in a good shift against Hearts.

However, the time when I began to realise that Ryan has something extra was when he came on late away against St Johnstone. Those who were there that night will remember an awesome performance from Stuart Bannigan in the last 10 minutes when he dominated possession against a team who were a goal behind and desperate to get on the ball. Banzo's lieutenant in all this was Ryan who made intelligent forward runs and was constantly available to receive and look after the ball.