Defeat On Saturday Archie Must Go.

Auld Jag

Of the three clubs that have suffered relegation since we've be up, two of them have sacked their manager mid season in an attempt to improve their performance.

Of the two clubs who have recently sacked their managers, I wonder if Motherwell fans would have much resentment to a return of the man who left them last season, after three seasons of success, sitting second bottom of the table ( the position they finished the season) and only 2 wins in 12 games.

Furthermore, I wonder if Peter Houston's current good showing with Falkirk might add weight to the argument he is a very capable manager and was quite right to tell the Dundee United board that cutting budgets and selling key players will enivitably have a detrimental effect on the team regardless of which TART might come along and tell you he can handle it.

eta

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1

It's heartening that despite differences of opinion we all want Archie to do well.

It's been a hell of a start to the season and nobody will be feeling it more than Archibald.

I feel Archibald is capable of turning things around as we start to develop options in the squad.

Still issues with the team strategy at times and some important players are still off form.

We seem to lack an obvious leader on the pitch at the moment so it is up to the senior players to all up their game and

back the manager with actions rather than blurb in the papers.

It is gonna be one hell of a fight to stay up but we need to get right stuck in on Saturday against the Tangerine Nightmares!

• Like 2

I watch from afar my beloved team struggling - I got a lift recently when we signed the Dumbaya one and the young Aussie, I thought "GOOD" a few weeks together and they could gel into something exciting and compliment the team, I arranged to fly home to take in the game at McDermid, and now I learn that both players are to be away on international duty FFS grrrrr !! - just hope they get back in one piece PS to keep on subject, I hope Archie can turn it round - and Saturday would be a great starting point.

Edited by greg

By your own admission, he's entitled to his opinion.

If you don't agree with that opinion, then you are entitled to debate it if you feel so inclined. It is a Thistle forum after all.

However, denigrating every single post he writes on here, as you have done this morning, comes across as petulant and intolerant, and ultimately does not reflect well on you, Lindau.

Great point.. Lindau, you really need to go and spend a few more days in New York. This forum always benefits when you do.

Not been to a game this season due to other commitments but hoping my attendance at the game on Saturday will bring us luck. I do feel that a change in formation and tactics would do us the world of good. Everyone knows how we play and know that if they get 1 goal and sit in then we will find it hard to break them down. With just one up front we are too slow to get up in support and as much as I love Doolan the lone striker is not one he is best suited for. Would like us to start 4-4-2 on Saturday.

If you've been supporting Thistle for all of those years, you'll be struggling to think of a time in the top flight when a managerial changed worked out for the best.

Auld to Cormack wilderness for a decade

Lambie to Murdo Division two football escaping division three by a baw hair.

Lambie to Collins to Whyte/Britton led to the worst football at Firhill and a period which is blamed for driving away so many regular fans. So i'd be very very careful what you wish for because we are in real danger of crippling the club financially for a decade if we pay off the current management team and bring in someone new. Where is that money coming from? No-one seems to have an answer.

This is also bigger than just Thistle. There's a whole new dynamic opened up in the league now. Dundee Utd are looking for a new manager. Who says it will work out? If they go for McIntyre then Ross County are looking for a manager. Who says that will work out? If they go for Tommy Wright, St Johnstone are looking at upheaval. Motherwell are currently looking for a manager. Killie are teetering on the brink too.

It's time for cool heads. Not arbitrary decisions about how many games Archie has left. Personally i think it's more about the level of performance than the result, although clearly i want to win as much as anyone else.

I cannot think of a better time or team to play against for Thistle to kick start their season, a win against Dundee United would really help to turn our fortunes around and I believe we will win this one - MON THE JAGS

Each season since promotion, we've had some sort of monkey to get off our back. Home win, win at all, back to back wins. This one is a little more urgent than the others, but we haven't exactly been getting pummeled in games. We need the players to grit their teeth and work extra hard on Saturday, and we need to get that first win before it becomes a mental block.

There's a negative devil on my shoulder thinking would it be the worst thing if Abdul was relieved of the captaincy in order to freshen things up?

This season has started very badly. Maybe you can blame Archie for some of that, but not him alone.

I'm fairly relaxed about relegation at the moment, it's not the end of the world.

If we are to be relegated, there's no one I'd rather have as manager in that league than Archie.

• Like 6

This season has started very badly. Maybe you can blame Archie for some of that, but not him alone.

I'm fairly relaxed about relegation at the moment, it's not the end of the world.

If we are to be relegated, there's no one I'd rather have as manager in that league than Archie.

I wish I could be as relaxed as you. But I hope that our players and management team aren't.

Relaxed about relegation afraid not and if we are Archie won't be the manager anyway

Get it right up ye folks !

You said before that you would keep Archie unless we get relegated. It's all about opinions but even if we went down I would have given him the first quarter of the championship at least and only then release him if we're in bottom 3. You struck me as an Archie supporter and not having a go at all was just curious as to why you wouldn't have given him time in the championship, if we did go down
  • Like 1

Unnecessarily triumphalist and divisive.

Not nice.

This.

Well done Archie, the players and every one of you who were able to be present today.

Let's enjoy the moment as a collective support.

Cheap digs at other posters on a night when we at last have a win to celebrate are not appropriate...............from any quarter.

Have a great night fellow Jags fans!!

• Like 1

Unnecessarily triumphalist and divisive.

Not nice.

Fed up listening to unnecesarily negative and divisive pish all season, so i don't care about the sensitivities of the few on here who deserve it and deserve it tight.

There's a group of Thistle fans who need to take a look at themselves. The title of this thread says it all. Hypocrites clapping away like wee seals today, i bet.

"Well done Archie"? What an absolute nerve some of you lot have.

As for "not appropriate"? There's a barrowload of inappropriate drivel been directed at the manager for weeks, but that was an opinion? Free speech? Entitled?

What's good for the goose and all that, so suck it up. #inarchiewetrust

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Fed up listening to unnecesarily negative and divisive pish all season, so i don't care about the sensitivities of the few on here who deserve it and deserve it tight.

There's a group of Thistle fans who need to take a look at themselves. The title of this thread says it all. Hypocrites clapping away like wee seals today, i bet.

"Well done Archie"? What an absolute nerve.

All in my opinion of course. Cause on here, we are all entitled to our opinion, aren't we? We learned that last week.

That post is out of order.

You've taken sanctimonious pish to new depths this time LSR.

Why are you trying to create divisions on a night when we should all be feeling especially good about being a Jags fan?

What the f*** is wrong with saying 'Well Done Archie'??

You really need to take a hard look at your attitude to your fellow Jags fans man.