Defeat On Saturday Archie Must Go.

Auld Jag

I'll keep this short & sweet....

Haven't been on here for a good while, long before our recent brilliant run. The few folk that I've been talking with off the main forum know/knew that- as such apologies BowenBoys re your messages with Dumbaya prediction league.

Anyway, on way down from Aberdeen last night it was pointed out that a certain poster on here had been commenting his usual drivel without naming names lets just say I was 'Looking for Linda' up there last night but surprisingly with someone who likes to take digs at others he wasn't there... (Or should that be unsurprisingly).

I won't break my self imposed absence again. I'd just like to say thank you to admin & hope their forum can continue in some way or form for proper jags fans to have sensible & reasoned discussion (or argument even).

Delighted to have been proved wrong over past couple of months & long may it continue.

I'll see many of you on here that know me at Parkhead at the weekend & I'll continue 'Looking for Linda'.

Happy Jaggy New Year.

How many people is that open to Barney?

Apologies for the late response TSJ, I've been offline for a week.

It's open to any fellow Jags fan who wants to chew the cud, as I don't often get the opportunity unless I'm home.

Leaving on Saturday morning so if anyone is interested in meeting up any night this week feel free to PM me.

You know me Barney, so for once just answer a question.....where have these so called fellow jags supporters been in the last month, 6 weeks? Answers on a postcard...lol

No idea Lindau - maybe they've got other priorities in their lives. As far as I'm aware it isn't obligatory to post on the forum after every game.

Anyway, a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and all fellow Jags fans wherever you may be. We can all agree to wish for the Jags' fortunes to continue on their recent upward trajectory.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Archie proved me wrong and I am glad to admit it.No matter what happens tomorrow we have had a good season although would have liked to see us doing better in the cups.Also good to see us signing players up on contracts for next season hope this helps us to get of to a good start and we have another good one.

• Like 10

Think the issue at the start of the season was the fact we did our business so late in the transfer window it took ages for the team to start playing together.. Dont think anyone can argue the start of this season for us wasn't a disaster. Thankfully Archie knows his business well :) Long may he Stay :)

Think the issue at the start of the season was the fact we did our business so late in the transfer window it took ages for the team to start playing together.. Dont think anyone can argue the start of this season for us wasn't a disaster. Thankfully Archie knows his business well :) Long may he Stay :)

From a post I made elsewhere.... In effect we lost Stevenson during the close season as he was playing reasonably well up till his injury but he never recovered. Craigen left as well, which left us a bit wanting in attacking midfield. With Elliott unavailable we couldn't play Lawless inside either. Muirhead couldn't cut it and Fraser was injured too. No wonder we struggled early on.

Hindsight is a great thing. I'd guess back in the autumn I'd have thought that Stevenson's form would improve and in any case Muirhead would be a first team regular. I don't have any stats to support this but I'm fairly certain that our non scoring was mainly down to not creating scoring chances rather than blatant misses. Not having any quality tucked in behind Doolan (or whoever) must surely be a principal reason we couldn't get the season started.

A defeat on Saturday and we are gone. Sacking Archibald is only a worthwhile exercise if we can still salvage something from the season.

Bringing in another manager to see out the season is a waste of money, especially as the crowds will be under 2000.

I would only sack him if we win or draw. Only then can we save the season.

Fair play to you AJ..... And anyway, I liked this one the best. :thumbsup2:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

If you've been supporting Thistle for all of those years, you'll be struggling to think of a time in the top flight when a managerial changed worked out for the best.

Auld to Cormack wilderness for a decade

Lambie to Murdo Division two football escaping division three by a baw hair.

Lambie to Collins to Whyte/Britton led to the worst football at Firhill and a period which is blamed for driving away so many regular fans. So i'd be very very careful what you wish for because we are in real danger of crippling the club financially for a decade if we pay off the current management team and bring in someone new. Where is that money coming from? No-one seems to have an answer.

This is also bigger than just Thistle. There's a whole new dynamic opened up in the league now. Dundee Utd are looking for a new manager. Who says it will work out? If they go for McIntyre then Ross County are looking for a manager. Who says that will work out? If they go for Tommy Wright, St Johnstone are looking at upheaval. Motherwell are currently looking for a manager. Killie are teetering on the brink too.

It's time for cool heads. Not arbitrary decisions about how many games Archie has left. Personally i think it's more about the level of performance than the result, although clearly i want to win as much as anyone else.

This guy had it right

Edited by thistle4tw