Scottish Cup

Jagsman

what about The Famous cheating tax dodging Glasgow Rangers?

for you fixed that

Re our 4 word name opponents...

A case could be made for Olympiacos Club of Fans of Piraeus, but their official name in Greek only has 4 words, one of which is "club", a word which should probably be ignored in this query. Ignoring strange one-off benefit hybrids and generic additions such as SK, FC, XI or Reserves, I find we've played six such clubs in the following year order:

Tenth Dunbartonshire Rifle Volunteers (1877) commonly known as 10th DRV

Third Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers (1884) commonly known as 3rd LRV

Vale of Leven Wanderers (1887)

First Renfrew Rifle Volunteers (1887) commonly known as 1st Renfrew RV

Queen of the South (1922)

Brighton and Hove Albion (1957)

we've yet to play sevco fifty eighty eight

1989. 1st match. Firhill. Sunny day.

I think we were losing 1-0 when a cross came over from the right (old stand). Right on to Peter Weir's napper.

The low sun blinded him completely. Funkin beauty! The rest is history and mccoys lovely header at Love St in the replay is one of my best memories.

That is weird as exactly same thought went through my head when the draw came through! As I recall it was a cross from Weir to Ian Scanlon but the replay is up there with Geordie Shaw's winner at Parkhead and the 3-0 humiliation of Rip FC!

I've heard that St Mirren want the game moved to the Friday night and we are also keen for it. I think a game under the floodlights would make for a better atmosphere.

If it meant some incremental money from SKY/BT, or maybe even BBC Alba, then OK perhaps. But if playing an evening match in early January is preferable to an afternoon game I'd take a lot of convincing.

• Like 1

Why can't Rangers and St Mirren both play a cup tie at home at the same time?

Not too sure really.

I guess the ties wouldn't go ahead simultaneously if St Mirren had drawn Celtic. I doubt the Polis would be too keen either on Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen supporters mingling with sevcovians in Queens St/Central Station/City Centre. Could be traffic concerns on M8 as well. I don't suppose we offer the same concern.

Can't see it being a problem having Sevco and St. Mirren playing at home at the same time.

But it's worth having a look at the map, Saints are a lot closer to Ibrox than we are to Parkhead or Ibrox.

What map has New St Mirren Park closer to Sevco Park than Firhill is?

Edited by l'escardot