14 Team League?

oneteaminglasgow

Looks like there is a panic that Rangers don't get promoted and United do get relegated.

First reaction is that we would have a system where finishing 8th gives you a better run in than finishing 7th.

That said, we do need some sort of change, so a bigger league is a move in the right direction, but why not a 16 or 18 team league. "Keep It Simple Stupid"

I don't like the idea of having the top 6 teams playing different amounts of games from the bottom 8. It gives them an immediate extra income source in another home game which isn't avaliable to other clubs (unless they are in a playoff).

We also don't know how relegation/promotion will work in this. Will it continue as 1 down and playoffs or will it be a straight 2 up 2 down? Or 2 down plus playoffs? If there is a playoff how would that work? How will prize money be distributed? An awful lot of stuff needing clarified about this idea for me, but I guess it's in the early stages.

Leaving aside the blatant favouring/saving of two Establishment clubs who would benefit,

Am i the only one who had difficulty working out what the description of the Danish system group stages involved

due to the use of words AND figures in the list?

"Eighth, ninth, 10th, 12th" and seventh, 11th, .....etc"

Really Scotsman, really?

More inconsistent than an SFA referee!

It should be 16. That would be the perfect number and the last few seasons have shown that we have 16 teams who could easily compete with each other in the same league. My preference would be automatic relegation for the bottom 2 and a play-off for 14th placed team and the 3rd placed team from the division below.

• Like 3

It should be 16. That would be the perfect number and the last few seasons have shown that we have 16 teams who could easily compete with each other in the same league. My preference would be automatic relegation for the bottom 2 and a play-off for 14th placed team and the 3rd placed team from the division below.

The whole point of league reconstruction has to be getting teams playing against each other on a LESS repetitive basis and to have teams playing MORE opponents.

^^^^^ these.

play fifteen teams home and away. split into two eights, equals thirtyseven games. for the split, make the first round of matches at a neutral ground (£15 entry for all in this match), then you've got three home and away games, so complete parity for all clubs and their supporters.

with a few tweaks to league cup (beyond what's already announced), we'd instantly have a set up massively more appealing, varied and competitive for players and fans alike.

however, any changes to league sizes, should not be implemented when the preceding season has already started.

however ..... changing the process of who goes up (or down, or escape it by league size change), and how, midway through a season, is NOT on.

sporting integrity please.

not corruption which is solely for the purposes of ensuring some new diddy bigot club gets up or to avoid some snake clubs being relegated because they are having a shite season.

if dungcaster and other brainless bampots imbeciles who run our game want to make a change midseason, that will be universally welcomed by all supporters, then they would serve scottish football best, by resigning and gtf, back under the rocks they crawled from.

If it's to be in place for next season it's obviously to safeguard possibly Dundee Und, Hibs and Scotland's newest club. Absolute joke. I am all for a bigger league, but not from next season and that would stand even if we went down at the end of this season!

I'm generally all for zarny ideas, but even I think this is bonkers. 14 teams is just too difficult a number. In principal I have no problem with a 7-7 split as weekends off isn't a problem, but then it takes up an extra match day over the course of a season, so would be a problem from a planning perspective.

Should be a league of sixteen for me.

I'm generally all for zarny ideas, but even I think this is bonkers. 14 teams is just too difficult a number. In principal I have no problem with a 7-7 split as weekends off isn't a problem, but then it takes up an extra match day over the course of a season, so would be a problem from a planning perspective.

Should be a league of sixteen for me.

Just need Sevco to hit a slump and it will be.

Meanwhile another slap in the face. Our home fixture with Aberdeen has been moved to the Friday night for TV scheduling. Feel it's fair to say that we would've been expecting a large away crowd for this fixture if it had remained on the Saturday. Anyone travelling from Aberdeen will effectively have to leave work early if not take the half day off and I doubt public transport is feasible.

Surely Friday night games should take into consideration fan travel.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

In England on bank holiday weekends non league clubs tend to play Saturday-Monday. Would a Friday night Monday afternoon double work ok bank holiday weekends in Scotland (given sensible scheduling wrt distances travelled)? Another way to guarantee only Scottish matches would be played I suppose but might be a big hit on wallets out difficult for families.

Just picked my way through the fixtures to update my fixture list for sponsorship comps.

Aberdeen have 5 consecutive televised games culminating with their trip to Firhill.

Some games have been postponed on 30 January to accommodate League Cup semi finals. Inverness v Hearts has been switched to that Saturday from Weds. 2 March. A rare case of an evening match being switched to a weekend. Should boost the ICT coffers.

Still no rearranged dates for the postponed games from 5 Dec.

18 team league nothing more nothing less, with 2 up 2 down. if any team cant survive financially then cut your cloth to suit go junior or go under. the way forward is a youth policy not trawling the depths of bogus English football.

Trawling these bogus depths dredged up the magical Mustapha Dumbuya

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 1