Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

I think it's a fair point. Never really understand where people get the idea that Christie is a full back from. How often has he actually played there? Bannigan can do it but he's essential in the middle. Fortunate so far that Booth has been so reliable, and fit.

I've seen Christie at full back a few time (on both sides) and most of the games he looked very comfortable there. I think he's potentially an excellent full back, and certainly more thsn decent cover. Bannigan on the other hand is a poor full back at this level, I think. Certainly he was very poor at Motherwell.

• Like 1

I've seen Christie at full back a few time (on both sides) and most of the games he looked very comfortable there. I think he's potentially an excellent full back, and certainly more thsn decent cover. Bannigan on the other hand is a poor full back at this level, I think. Certainly he was very poor at Motherwell.

Banzo would be fine if not up against pace. Iirc Christie replaced Bannigan at Fir Pk for that very reason.

Banzo would be fine if not up against pace. Iirc Christie replaced Bannigan at Fir Pk for that very reason.

all correct :happy2:

And what manager in our league wouldn't know that? Bannigan got a total doing at Fir Park and gave away a penalty. Bannigan may be able to play left back, but whether or not he should is a different matter....

• Members

I think Christie is a better player when he's facing the opponents goal rather than facing his own goal. He always seemed to me to play better last season when he was further back. I'm never too impressed with him further up the back with is back to his opponents.

The few times Christie played Centre Forward he always looked to play on the shoulder of a defender and look for a ball over the top which his pace would give him a good chance of latching on to. Our system really requires someone who can hold the ball up (make runs too but holding the ball is vital) and Christie isn't good enough at that. Hence he's mainly been used on the wing and sometimes as a full back. In a different set up he might make a decent main striker for us but he doesn't really work in our system as the main forward except maybe if we're chasing a game and flinging long balls forward.

Edited by Mr Bunny

And what manager in our league wouldn't know that? Bannigan got a total doing at Fir Park and gave away a penalty. Bannigan may be able to play left back, but whether or not he should is a different matter....

He committed a foul outside the box and the ref decided it was a penalty, but he did get a doing

It's a weird time to post news. Do you think someone was reading this thread and realised? Do you think Callum knows yet?

Those of us on the other side of the world post on here at all kinds of weird times! That appears to include madcapmilkdrinker.

When I was a youngster I genuinely couldn't figure out why people in Australia or Hong Kong couldn't phone their relatives in Scotland and give them the football scores for their coupon, the horse-racing results etc. I thought that because it never seemed to happen, everybody was honest.......

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

So what you're saying is that when our best players are missing we aren't quite as good? Is there a team in the world who aren't exactly the same? What exactly do you expect?

We already have a number of our young players out on loan. Again, I'm genuinely not sure what your point is.

Aren't you the same guy who wanted another one or two centre backs brought it during the summer as Liam Lindsay apparently wasn't ready yet?

What I am saying other teams in this league are probably in a better position squad wise and in a better position to cope with injuries to key players. I never said that about Liam Lindsay - I said that he was the best prospect we have. I did want us to sign another experienced centre back and actually Archie did try and sign Balatoni again after this.

My point about youth is our small squad is probably holding back a few that should go out on loan but Archie feels he needs them in case of injuries.

Edited by Alan Murray

A major potential worry that nobody seems to have picked up on is the lack of natural cover for Callum Booth. If he gets injured or suspended then we are goosed for a natural left back short of taking Banzo out of the midfield, something which is to be avoided at all costs.

Before anyone says it, Christie is not an adequate solution other than in an emergency during a game. He is not a full-back, and he's certainly not a left-back.

Has Gary Miller any previous at left back?

Disagree about Elliott - he has done well at both left and right back.

Dumbuya has played on the left hand side down south.