Tickets St Midden Scottish Cup

topcat

• Administrators

Hi Div

I bought a single ticket for the game last week from the Thistle office and I've just realised its for the South Stand. I will not be taking a wean with me... Am I going to get in?!

TBH I'd rather be in one of the other stands as I can't guarantee a fitba Tourette's relapse if things aren't going our way...!

My understanding is that the South is only for "families" (you must have a kid) and it is always a dedicated No Swearing zone.

Very strange that they sold you a single ticket for that end when the North is still not really sold out, even today.

I'm not sure you would be denied entry and I'm sure they would swap your tickets on the night but my advice is to try and get it swapped for the West as that will be the best both for view and atmosphere as you will be right in beside the main St.Mirren support who will be in W1 to W5 (Thistle get W6 and W7)

There is obviously very relaxed segregation around the game but it appears Thistle might be taking it too far if they are shelling out South stand tickets to naughty sweary punters :-)

• Administrators

This shows the live state of play with tickets as per our online ticketing site;

thistle-050116.JPG

The right hand goal as you look at it is the North Stand, it's all red on our site because this is for Thistle fans and those tickets are being sold by The Jags. You can see the two red blocks around for it, they are in the West Stand and that is the extra tickets that Thistle started selling today.

All of those red blocks combined behind the goal and in the West is about 2300 tickets or thereabouts.

The South Stand is filling up nicely but still a lot of empty seats in the rest of the West at the moment (which is St.Mirren only in the five blocks next to your extra allocation.

• Administrators
5600 sold already and counting

I'm really not sure where that figure has come from but going by the ticketing website, it's bollocks.

I can't say for sure how many Thistle have sold but it's around 1400-1600 tops at the moment. There isn't a chance in hell that St.Mirren have sold 4000.

This shows the live state of play with tickets as per our online ticketing site;

post-423-0-53259500-1452034980_thumb.jpg

The right hand goal as you look at it is the North Stand, it's all red on our site because this is for Thistle fans and those tickets are being sold by The Jags. You can see the two red blocks around for it, they are in the West Stand and that is the extra tickets that Thistle started selling today.

All of those red blocks combined behind the goal and in the West is about 2300 tickets or thereabouts.

The South Stand is filling up nicely but still a lot of empty seats in the rest of the West at the moment (which is St.Mirren only in the five blocks next to your extra allocation.

All very informative; thanks, div.

I'm really not sure where that figure has come from but going by the ticketing website, it's bollocks.

I can't say for sure how many Thistle have sold but it's around 1400-1600 tops at the moment. There isn't a chance in hell that St.Mirren have sold 4000.

its a shame it's not as both teams would benefit cash wise from as big a gate as possible

• Administrators

its a shame it's not as both teams would benefit cash wise from as big a gate as possible

I think if we can get a 5,000+ gate 2nd weekend in January then that would be a positive result.

League game last season at our place was 4636 with 1335 from Thistle, previous season 5601 with 1613 Jags in the first game then 4660 with 1312 Jags in the second.

Thistle always bring a good support to Paisley, hopefully there will be a decent turnout in the home end on the night, derby win last Saturday will have helped but remember we haven't won a league game at home all season so home is most definitely not where the heart is for the buds !

• Administrators

I think the away support will be round about 3,000, maybe just under.

There are lots of folk I know who haven't bought their tickets yet as they didn't anticipate this level of demand.

You won't get 3,000 tickets for a start mate, the maximum you'll get is 2300. Even Rangers & Celtic don't get given more than that.

Granted there will also be scope for Thistle fans in the "mixed zone" but no chance of Thistle getting, or bringing, 3000 I'm afraid.

You won't get 3,000 tickets for a start mate, the maximum you'll get is 2300. Even Rangers & Celtic don't get given more than that.

Granted there will also be scope for Thistle fans in the "mixed zone" but no chance of Thistle getting, or bringing, 3000 I'm afraid.

I'd fully expect us to sell the 2300. Then it all depends how many Main stand and family stand tickets we've been given. To take it over 2300.

I've still to get mine - just going to turn up on the night, don't really care where I sit. Looking forward to it!

from there site, you may want to give them a call to confirm

St Mirren v Partick Thistle

William Hill Scottish Cup

Venue: Paisley 2021 Stadium, Paisley

Date: Friday 8th January 2016

Kick-off: 7:30pm

Season Tickets ARE NOT valid for this match.

This match is all-ticket.

Tickets for this match are now on sale from the St Mirren Ticket Office and the Online Ticket Shop.

Is this not a bit of a shambles? Neither fish nor foul.

I will stand corrected if I've missed something but the OS as part of their promoting the sale of advance tickets doesn't say it's all ticket. Nor can I find a reference to a cash gate on the night - although I'm sure I knew this from somewhere last week. Now were are also being told that there won't be a cash gate if we sell out our allocation.

If demand continues it looks like fans who decided to pay on the night could be locked out. Either a game is all ticket or it's not. Internet purchase of tickets is confusing the issue.

I think the away support will be round about 3,000, maybe just under.

There are lots of folk I know who haven't bought their tickets yet as they didn't anticipate this level of demand.

Like me and my boy. Gonna pop up to Firhill tomorrow after work! I for one certainly didn't see that type of demand from our support. Should be a cracking atmosphere

Is this not a bit of a shambles? Neither fish nor foul.

I will stand corrected if I've missed something but the OS as part of their promoting the sale of advance tickets doesn't say it's all ticket. Nor can I find a reference to a cash gate on the night - although I'm sure I knew this from somewhere last week. Now were are also being told that there won't be a cash gate if we sell out our allocation.

If demand continues it looks like fans who decided to pay on the night could be locked out. Either a game is all ticket or it's not. Internet purchase of tickets is confusing the issue.

From PTFC.CO.UK

Tickets are selling well for Thistle supporters with Thistle's allocation for the North Stand and the South Stand(Family Area) SOLD OUT. The office will be selling tickets for the overspill second in the North End of the West Stand for the rest of this week. Office opening hours are 9am until 5pm throughout the week, with final sales at Firhill being at 4pm on Friday. There will be a cash gate in place at the Paisley 2021 Stadium, unless our remaining allocation sells out prior to 4pm on Friday.

From PTFC.CO.UK

Tickets are selling well for Thistle supporters with Thistle's allocation for the North Stand and the South Stand(Family Area) SOLD OUT. The office will be selling tickets for the overspill second in the North End of the West Stand for the rest of this week. Office opening hours are 9am until 5pm throughout the week, with final sales at Firhill being at 4pm on Friday. There will be a cash gate in place at the Paisley 2021 Stadium, unless our remaining allocation sells out prior to 4pm on Friday.

:huh:

Are there any pubs people would recommend? Was thinking about going early to Gilmour St and having a pint. Something to eat would be even better but that's probably too American.

With the exception of the Bull the pubs in the town centre are dire.

If I'd more time I'd probably go to the Bull, but it's a decent hike to the 2021 - probably just have a couple in the Horseshoe and jump the latest possible train to Paisley St James.

I've seen k.o. given as 19.30 and 19.45 but believe it's the latter.

Edited by Charlie Endell