Dundee Utd On Saturday

Vinnyjag

My heart sank when I heard the team selection...why do we change our formation against the poorest team in the League who we have beaten twice already this season? And with a right back who is not great going forward...and a midfield trio who have scored once this season.

Small team inferiority complex, echoing the attitude of many on here. Filling their breeks at the thought of playing an inept DUFC outfit.

5 defenders plus Welsh and Osman who are both defensively minded!? Got what we deserved.

Unfortunately Jags fans have no right to criticise teams like County and Hamilton for their hoofball tactics as we are exactly the same. Fast becoming a horrible team to watch.

Also, maybe it is time we cut our losses with Welsh. Poor yet again.

Absolutely sickened.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

My heart sank when I heard the team selection...why do we change our formation against the poorest team in the League who we have beaten twice already this season?

This. Don't understand the selection today at all.

Knew we were gubbed when I saw the team before kick off. Couldn't understand why Lindsay was in the team following the last two performances. By any analysis, our weakest point all season has been creating chances and supporting the isolated striker, so how on earth was another centre back going to improve that?

Archie's done a great job this season for sure, but today proved that he is not infallible by any means.

• Like 1

My initial reaction to the team selection was, has Craig levein took temporary charge of the team? It's disappointing to know you have lost the game an hour before it kicks off. I feel sorry for those who have travelled up, which by the commentary appears to be a good number, and firmly believe Archie should personally reimburse the ticket cost. That is unacceptable, in a season where we struggle for goals, we go with 5 at the back for the first time, unless I'm mistaken in his managerial career, when we have recently signed attaching minded players and welcomed back those returning from injury who can go forward. As others have said, were boring getting. Doolan doesn't have a chance. At the end of the day were oot, but I'd have much rather we had a go, create numerous chances and give ourselves a chance. Attack attack attack. The other thing this result has done has given United a lift. Mon Archie get a grip

..................agree wholeheartedly about the incredible line-up but given the choice between a last minute winner on Tuesday and a late defeat today, as opposed to the opposite then I would certainly have taken the last two results.

Personally I'd want Thistle to actually win something in my lifetime in front of 20k Jags fans as opposed to grinding out a 1-0 league win in front of 2k. Another example of the seeping EPL influence into Scotland where the Cup is devalued by the attitude of the 'big' teams.

• Like 3

This one's particularly hard to take given who were playing and that we should have been confident given our recent form.

We f*ck*d up big style today.

Dunfermiline, Airdrie, St Johnstone, Caley,Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Ayr,Dundee, Motherwell,QoS, Ross County, ****** Gretna, have all made at least 1 cup final in the last 20 years (even won it)

When the f@** is it our turn

My initial reaction to the team selection was, has Craig levein took temporary charge of the team? It's disappointing to know you have lost the game an hour before it kicks off. I feel sorry for those who have travelled up, which by the commentary appears to be a good number, and firmly believe Archie should personally reimburse the ticket cost. That is unacceptable, in a season where we struggle for goals, we go with 5 at the back for the first time, unless I'm mistaken in his managerial career, when we have recently signed attaching minded players and welcomed back those returning from injury who can go forward. As others have said, were boring getting. Doolan doesn't have a chance. At the end of the day were oot, but I'd have much rather we had a go, create numerous chances and give ourselves a chance. Attack attack attack. The other thing this result has done has given United a lift. Mon Archie get a grip

This. 100% this.