Dundee Utd On Saturday

Vinnyjag

I think he'll go for the same team as Tuesday night, bar Dumbuya coming back in if he's good to go. I'd drop Welsh for Nesbitt and move Bannigan back, and possibly Elliott for Amoo, though.

Cerny

Dumbuya - Frans - Seaborne - Booth

Osman - Bannigan

Amoo - Nesbitt - Lawless

Doolan

Edited by ThickAsThieves

United hoping to sign Michael Higdon and Richard Ofeyere in time for this game

I agree this is possibly our best chance of winning something in many years: using accepted logic we are very unlikely ever to win the league, but a cup victory remains a distinct possibility and there's no real reason it can't be this year!

No doubt Jags fans have been saying that for nearly 90 odd years, but you've really got to show a wee bit of faith and support in our team.

He says that knowing just how often our hopes have been shat upon over the years.

Spoke to UTD friends of mine and they seem to think that Thompson is only interested in getting back all the cash his dad put in, once he gets all/most of it he is off so wont sanction any large spending. only rumor but could have some legs with all we are seeing at the moment.

I don't think it is just rumour. I heard him on radio in December saying he wouldn't continue putting money in. Although, I think it was if they got relegated.

He was also interested in buying an A-league team. I am not sure if anything came of that, but maybe that is where he wants to concentrate

Don't think Archie will throw Fraser in so soon after spell out. Nesbitt and German both come into contention for a starting slot but I think Archie will leave both on the bench due to Lawless's and Amoo's positive performances against Motherwell. No doubt we will see Nesbitt at some stage of the game though.

Cerny

Dumbuya - Frans - Seaborne - Booth

Osman - Welsh

Amoo - Bannigan - Lawless

Doolan

Edited by Alan Murray

Cerny

Dumbaya. Frans. Seaborne. Booth

Lawless. Bannigan. Osman. Amoo

Pogba. Doolan

Doubt if Pogba is fit enough to start a game and perhaps coming on like he did on Tuesday night may be preferred. German is another who will be a bit off a start but he looks useful in the air particularly for flick ons. He's predominantly left sided tho' he doesn't look in any way totally dependent on one foot. If German and Nesbitt make the bench and when you add in Elliott/Amoo the bench will be looking a lot stronger than recently.

Not sure if United are persisting with three at the back but assuming they are Archie might tweak the line up accordingly.