Partick Thistle Football Club Trust

Fawlty Towers

Interesting stuff.

I don't recognise the names of the fan reps involved but that's not to say they aren't qualified or deserving of the positions. They both seem to have impressive backgrounds in their professions.

So I wish them all the best with it.

But when are we going to hear from the Jags Trust on this? I'd be extremely worried about this development if I were them. It seems as if relations between the club and the JT are completely non-existant, as if they both exist in completely different universes? The club does not seem to acknowledge the existence of the JT and when was the last time the JT themselves even acknowledged their own existence?

Interesting stuff.

I don't recognise the names of the fan reps involved but that's not to say they aren't qualified or deserving of the positions. They both seem to have impressive backgrounds in their professions.

So I wish them all the best with it.

But when are we going to hear from the Jags Trust on this? I'd be extremely worried about this development if I were them. It seems as if relations between the club and the JT are completely non-existant, as if they both exist in completely different universes? The club does not seem to acknowledge the existence of the JT and when was the last time the JT themselves even acknowledged their own existence?

Your point about the relationship between the JT and the Club is interesting. Doesn't the JT raise substantial amounts of cash for the club each year? Like you, I'm intrigued to know what the implications of this new development might be.

• Like 1

A cautious welcome. Like many, I am no fan of the Jags Trust but this new PTFC Trust does appear to simply ignore the old one. Personally, I do feel our current board have gone out of their way to ostracise the JT. That may not be in the best long term interests of our supporters.

I note this statement: "The beneficiaries of the Trust are the supporters, or more specifically, any person aged 18 or over who holds a season ticket to watch the home fixtures for the current season. He or she must have held such a season ticket for each of the three immediately preceding seasons."

I really hope this is just as a starter. Despite qualifying as a "Supporter" under these criteria, it will be important to recognise the contribution of supporters outside of that narrow band.

Edited by mgow
  • Like 1

I can only echo Ian. Looks positive but it would be interesting to know how the reps were selected. The two do have impressive backgrounds in relevant fields.

Hopefully this trust can play an important role within the club, but I do wonder what the deal is with the relationship between the two trusts and the club.

• Like 1

Who allocated to this trust the roughly 20% of shares of PTFC (well what was left of the original ptfc club), i thought the original jags trust was the custodian of these shares? can anyone explain ?

These are new shares (?) Gifted by the Weirs.

Detail is extremely thin on the ground but I'd assume the Jags Trust share may have been diluted.

Which I'm sure goes against the ethos of Save The Jags which meant the Jags Trust would always remain our largest share holder.

The Jags Trust silence on this is quite fighting, to be honest.

The clubs inability to acknowledge the jags trust exists I find quite childish. The jags trust silence I find baffling.

I'm all for this new body, but it does strike me as odd that two people have been chosen to represent the fans without any apparent consultation with the fans. I've no doubt the two chosen will do a fine job, and both look to have excellent backgrounds, but are club-appointed fans reps really fans reps?

A cynical b*stard might say it has shades of North Lanarkshire about it......

I'm all for this new body, but it does strike me as odd that two people have been chosen to represent the fans without any apparent consultation with the fans. I've no doubt the two chosen will do a fine job, and both look to have excellent backgrounds, but are club-appointed fans reps really fans reps?

I'd be seriously asking that question under normal circumstances. As I read it a proviso of the Weir's investment is the establishing of this Trust and it's percentage holding. Imo as long as the Weirs are satisfied with this and with the two trustees then that's by far the most important issue. I suppose this is just to get the ball rolling so to speak and anyway it's not as if we've much of a history of an effectively run Trust when its representatives have been appointed democratically.

I'd be seriously asking that question under normal circumstances. As I read it a proviso of the Weir's investment is the establishing of this Trust and it's percentage holding. Imo as long as the Weirs are satisfied with this and with the two trustees then that's by far the most important issue. I suppose this is just to get the ball rolling so to speak and anyway it's not as if we've much of a history of an effectively run Trust when its representatives have been appointed democratically.

Perhaps so. Just strikes me as a bit odd if this is meant to represent a new chapter of fan engagement etc., whilst the two fan reps have been hand-picked by the club. I don't want to be overly critical though as, as I said, I'm sure these two will be excellent. As you say, this is perhaps only to get the ball rolling and I'm sure extensive fan engagement and consultation will be forthcoming.

The fact the 2 of them are involved with the community trust may have a bearing on it, they are already involved with Thistle in the community so helps with the onus of a fans trust. I think this is just the 1st two of a hopefully bigger elected / nominated representation of the fans, with hopefully a rep from NS, JHS, U16, OAP's, disabled, a Nomads and families to get the full picture

I get worried though when people start rolling out reps from every kind of age or demographic. Need to keep the board lean with recognisable duties and communication channels.

......to which you could counter that the best possible chance of this venture being a success is to make it feel all inclusive. And there's perhaps no better way of doing that than having delegates representing age groups and demographics etc. No matter the good intentions the last thing we need is the new Trust to be run by cliques or even perceived to be. We've seen the damage that has been done in the past from not representation of the wider fanbase.

I do agree with your last sentence but that needn't necessarily take place to the exclusion of individual age groups, demographics, disabled supporters, North Standees etc etc representation

A cautious welcome. Like many, I am no fan of the Jags Trust but this new PTFC Trust does appear to simply ignore the old one. Personally, I do feel our current board have gone out of their way to ostracise the JT. That may not be in the best long term interests of our supporters.

I note this statement: "The beneficiaries of the Trust are the supporters, or more specifically, any person aged 18 or over who holds a season ticket to watch the home fixtures for the current season. He or she must have held such a season ticket for each of the three immediately preceding seasons."

I really hope this is just as a starter. Despite qualifying as a "Supporter" under these criteria, it will be important to recognise the contribution of supporters outside of that narrow band.

Did someone mention the Union of Democratic Mineworkers? :whistling:

• Like 1