Sellik Game 12/03/16

Lindau

Played well in the first half, but you have to take any chances that come your way against the top sides and we missed a good one before they scored. Hit by two sucker punches just before and after half time. Thought we were awful in the second half. Stood off them too much and it could have been quite a few more if it hadn't been for Cerny. That was undoubtably Dangerous Dans worst game in a jags jersey and the same applies to Calum Booth, however they have been brilliant this season, so I cannot be too over the top with the criticism. When we went two down I would have liked us to give German a good 30 minute run out.....looks like he is becoming a carbon copy of the George Moncur signing! Onwards to Hamilton!

Thought we competed well in 1st half. Had a couple of chances. Amoo switches off at the throwin and they score just before 1/2 time. 2nd half reminiscent of last few games vs them. Too much space allowed and no pressure exerted. Soft penalty but Lawless was tugged slightly. Good take by Welsh.

Superior Goal Difference is worth another point so no harm done. The real season starts again now. An offer of 3 points from the last four games and GD of -2 would have been snapped up immediately.

And if Hearts (w), Aberdeen (w) and Hamilton (d) get the right results we wont even have dropped a place in the table. :thumbsup:

Disappointing performance.Our passing was horrific,we gave the ball away unnecessarily dozens of times. Thought there was a real lack of belief today as well.

Stood off them far too much and terrible defending again for both goals.Cant take any positives from that.

We are so blunt up front .

Yup! The passing was absolutely dire and we tried too many first time flicks for passes that come off about one time in twenty at our level.

And don't even get me started on the corners and free kicks...!!!!

WHEN are we going to do something about them? Every time we get a free or a corner my heart sinks cos I know we would be as well to pass it back to their keeper. It's been going on for years.......

Anyway , today, I reckon there must have been a bit of tiredness involved after our activity of the last few weeks.

But c'mon Archie surprise us with a bit of creativity on set pieces. After all it's the ONLY thing some teams have to offer!!!!

Notes from Podgorica, where the game was shown live on the local sports channel:

Positives:

Spiriited team performance - way better than last time at Frhill.

A goal against Celtic.

A penalty.

A penalty against Celtic.

GazFras is going to be some player for us when he gets properly match fit.

Tomas Cerny - need I say more?

Negatives:

We had so many free-kicks and a couple of corners today and the delivery let us down every time. Apart from the first corner we did not get a first head on any of them. Not good enough.

I may get blown out of the water for this one (we don't get half-time analysis out here), but here goes: Liam could have done better for the first goal. Griffiths takes his Doolanesque heavy first touch to create the space, but Liam leads with his left foot for a block that frankly looked to me like a better option would have been leading with his right.

No guarantees that he would have prevented the goal, but it did not seem to me to be a natural position for a defender.

Anyway, good effort, now let's go and win a few games!!

Edited by Barney Rubble

Sean Welsh ???

What is his hold over archie and shaggy...?

Does some good but the bad way outnumber the good - every game he gets caught on the ball time after time.

leaving him on and taking off doolan / lawless / fraser WTF... ?

People commenting on poor set pieces - is it a coincidence that Welsh was taking these too...

Fraser is probably our best set piece taker.

clearly bannigan back in for Welsh and we will see a great improvement.

Last 4 fixtures before the split:

Hamilton

Kilmarnock

Dundee Utd

Ross County

We'll never get another chance like this to get top 6.

How I wish that people would stop using this phrase (or "never get a better chance")!

It appeared for the Celtic match, and we lost. Does that mean we'll never ever beat Celtic again in the future?

We've heard it about getting to semi-finals etc. And we invariably blow it. The phrase is meaningless, as there's always a next time.

at the game today picked this up from "somebody in the know"

banzo away to english championship side, lawless also away donno where

osman appears to be "happy" here so who knows?

thought we did well first half sucker goal just before halftime

celtic far more committed to win 50/50 balls

cerny defo best keeper in this league

fraser getting better with more game time under his belt banzo replacement?

lawless quality player we will miss him

corner kicks and free kicks schoolboy stuff

however we are certainly getting better there is quality in this team

steady improvement year on year

onwards and upwards :thumbsup2:

Players come and players go....part and parcel of football these days. I do know for a fact that Dundee Und are still desperate to get him, even if they go down and even in the division below, he will be on better wages. Would love both him and Osman to stay but if they move, they have given great service over the last few years and no doubt Archie will be eyeing up replacements already!