Killie Game 02/04/16

Lindau

Hate these international weekend breaks, so let's get the patter started for what is a massive game for both sides next Saturday. Think this game could produce a few goals, especially with Muzzy back and Ryan Edwards giving us a bit more of a threat from midfield. No use Killie sitting back as they need to start winning games. 3-2 Jags

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

I think any chance we have of being in the top 6 depends on us winning both our home games and taking at least a point in Dingwall. It won't be easy. Magennis and Boyd have a tendency to cause our back line trouble. Wouldn't mind if Magennis missed this game due to his injury

Edited by Lindau

Glass half full, I'm looking at the game from the perspective of the major gubbing we meted out to them at their midden. Fat-H*n-at-heart, Boyd, can of course cause us the odd wee problem, as can Magennis, but our confidence and overall superiority should be enough for us to see them off without too much of a sweat. That said, I'd settle for a single goal advantage which, to be honest, I feel will likely be our margin of victory.

Intaerrum Thistle.

I think any chance we have of being in the top 6 depends on us winning both our home games and taking at least a point in Dingwall. It won't be easy. Magennis and Boyd have a tendency to cause our back line trouble. Wouldn't mind if Magennis missed this game due to his injury

I think the game in Dingwall could end up as a proverbial six pointer but we'd probably still need at least one win and a draw before going up there. Actually I'd rather at least one of our next two games was against a team not in the play off/relegation spot. Then again both sides will not come looking for a draw and that might suit us?

• Members

Already too many folk focusing on the Ross game before the 2 home games are out of the way. (I mean on FB too, not just here!) I think Clark has been unlucky not to get them a result so far and their time will come. They gave Celtic more problems than we gave them. It'd be foolish to disregard Killie.

Already too many folk focusing on the Ross game before the 2 home games are out of the way. (I mean on FB too, not just here!) I think Clark has been unlucky not to get them a result so far and their time will come. They gave Celtic more problems than we gave them. It'd be foolish to disregard Killie.

Everybody gives Celtic more problems than we give them.

I agree. They were also unlucky against Aberdeen. I think the next 2 games will be as tough as any games do far this season. Playing against teams fighting relegation at this time of year is very difficult. And Clark will get a win at some point. But I think Archie will have the team very well prepared. The break will also have helped to refresh the team after a very hectic spell. Thistle win.

I agree. They were also unlucky against Aberdeen. I think the next 2 games will be as tough as any games do far this season. Playing against teams fighting relegation at this time of year is very difficult. And Clark will get a win at some point. But I think Archie will have the team very well prepared. The break will also have helped to refresh the team after a very hectic spell. Thistle win.

visit Last Last Jag Standing thread :thumbsup2:

Cerny

Booth

Miller - didn't see him play CB at Accies but sounded like he performed

Seabourne

Dumbaya

Fraser

Osman

Amoo

Edwards - again only from reports but 'number 10' seemed to suit him.

Lawless

Doolan

Don't think I'd play seaborne on the right side and miller on the left of the centre half pairing.

Likewise I'd play lawless on the left and Amoo on the right.

Cerny

Booth

Miller - didn't see him play CB at Accies but sounded like he performed

Seabourne

Dumbaya

Fraser

Osman

Amoo

Edwards - again only from reports but 'number 10' seemed to suit him.

Lawless

Doolan

Might be harsh on Gary, but if Magennis is fit, I can see Killie playing with maybe both him and Boyd up front as its a game they really need to win. Draws are of no use to them now. If that is the case I would like to see either Liam or Fred coming back in for this game or who knows maybe Archie will revert to the 3 big guys at the back. Should be an interesting team selection on Saturday!

Might be harsh on Gary, but if Magennis is fit, I can see Killie playing with maybe both him and Boyd up front as its a game they really need to win. Draws are of no use to them now. If that is the case I would like to see either Liam or Fred coming back in for this game or who knows maybe Archie will revert to the 3 big guys at the back. Should be an interesting team selection on Saturday!

Good point. Never took into account Magennis the human battering ram. Thankfully I am not the manager.

Put Liam on Magennis. He has rag dolled is but not when Lindsay has been playing.

Playing 3 at the back is the stupidest idea of the season.

As proved at Tannadice.

Gotta disagree with you on this one. The 2-2 draw at Firhill, Liam got torn a new one by Magennis that ended with him getting sent off. However, he learned from it - so I wouldn't have any probs with putting him up against Magennis now.

Playing 3 at the back is the stupidest idea of the season.

As proved at Tannadice.

With Mustapha back and one of our central midfielders out for the season I don't think a 3-5-2 (3-5-1-1) is that daft. Totally dependent on who the opposition is amongst other considerations. With Amoo playing so well I doubt we'd see that formation tho', but it would offer us the opportunity of playing two upfront. Also feel Miller, who can break forward, would be suited to playing in a back three.

Doubt we'll play that formation anyway but I don't feel it should be dismissed outright.

The 2-2 draw at Firhill, Liam got torn a new one by Magennis that ended with him getting sent off. However, he learned from it - so I wouldn't have any probs with putting him up against Magennis now.

It was Bannigan that got Liam sent off in that game if my memory serves me right and he never really learned from it as witnessed in our humblings by Hearts and Dundee. I would say though that when he has played well I have been impressed. He is still young and its his first full season in the first team so thats got to be taken into consideration. Freddy had been waiting patiently on the bench waiting for a chance then when opportunity knocked he got ripped apart at Fir Park.

The question is though, will Liam be fit to play yet after pulling up before the game at Hamilton?

As much as Gary Miller has put in a few solid performances, I wouldnt hesitate to replace him with a fit again Mustapha. He offers us much more attacking wise as well as being a good defender.

I prefer Gary Fraser over Welsh at the moment. Welsh has by probably even his standards not had the best of seasons. I had hoped as the season went on he would improve after missing the past few years but more often than not he has been quite poor. I think Fraser has also had a disappointing season with injurys etc but when he has played there are glimpses of another quality player who can give us an attacking threat. Edwards by all accounts appears to be undroppable following his last performance.

I think the hardest decision Archie faces is who he will play up front. Pogba again by all accounts played well at Hamilton, but Doolan has a good record against Killie 4 goals in 2 games this season alone. I would like to see us go with both to be honest although that would mean dropping either Lawless or Edwards. Lawless has been my player of the season so far. He's the only person that seems capable of creating anything and scored some memorable goals. Killies defence is there weakest point. If we keep them on the back foot and get Amoo and Mustapha linking up and get crosses into the box for our strikers we will have a good chance.

• Like 1

It was Bannigan that got Liam sent off in that game if my memory serves me right and he never really learned from it as witnessed in our humblings by Hearts and Dundee. I would say though that when he has played well I have been impressed. He is still young and its his first full season in the first team so thats got to be taken into consideration. Freddy had been waiting patiently on the bench waiting for a chance then when opportunity knocked he got ripped apart at Fir Park.

The question is though, will Liam be fit to play yet after pulling up before the game at Hamilton?

As much as Gary Miller has put in a few solid performances, I wouldnt hesitate to replace him with a fit again Mustapha. He offers us much more attacking wise as well as being a good defender.

I prefer Gary Fraser over Welsh at the moment. Welsh has by probably even his standards not had the best of seasons. I had hoped as the season went on he would improve after missing the past few years but more often than not he has been quite poor. I think Fraser has also had a disappointing season with injurys etc but when he has played there are glimpses of another quality player who can give us an attacking threat. Edwards by all accounts appears to be undroppable following his last performance.

I think the hardest decision Archie faces is who he will play up front. Pogba again by all accounts played well at Hamilton, but Doolan has a good record against Killie 4 goals in 2 games this season alone. I would like to see us go with both to be honest although that would mean dropping either Lawless or Edwards. Lawless has been my player of the season so far. He's the only person that seems capable of creating anything and scored some memorable goals. Killies defence is there weakest point. If we keep them on the back foot and get Amoo and Mustapha linking up and get crosses into the box for our strikers we will have a good chance.

Good post, that.