Osman

King Kenny

• Members

The BBC are reporting that John Hughes had indeed made Osman, Lawless and Bannigan offers to sign for them. Ossie has obviously taken note of how things have gone for Conrad and Higgy this season as well as Paton and Erskine before and made a good judgement call. Hopefully Stevie and Stuart will follow suit soon!

• Like 2

There's not many of the out of contract players I wouldn't like to see signing on. Yet we want to progress and I reckon teams always need freshened up a bit. I wonder if we'll go for a similar size squad and if so, are there players we're willing to let go to free up the space?

Edited by allyo

We probably will be losing Bannigan so need a good quality replacement for him and we need another attacking player (even assuming Lawless and Amoo re-sign). What else we need will depend on whether Seabo, Frans and Miller sign again.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Glad to hear. He is an influence on the field without doubt, just a little bit more courage or confidence in attack for next season. I agree Millar would be good also, you can't beat at least one old heid. and back fill with the youth development boys, and Bobs you uncle....

• Like 1

What we do need next season is somebody that can come in and do a similar job to Osman if he gets injured/suspended. If he had been injured in the run in we could well have been in the play-off spot.

Valid point. He's not re-signed I know but maybe Miller can do that job to a decent enough standard? I've no idea as i don't think I've ever seen him play as a defensive midfielder.

always thought throughout this season miller could cover as dm sitting in front of frans and seaborne if called upon ..... see it tonight we might, as osman needs knee surgery so could be out ..... though booth looks to be out with ankle that may require operation too, and dumbuya has a knock, so jedi knows who or what our back four and midfield lineup will turn out to be.

What we do need next season is somebody that can come in and do a similar job to Osman if he gets injured/suspended. If he had been injured in the run in we could well have been in the play-off spot.

In my opinion we have enough players that can play in that role. Don't get me wrong though, he is defo missed when he is not in the team, but with Welsh, banzo, Fraser, Wilson, Edwards etc we have that well covered. A decent striker similar to Taylor and we would be laughing. Next season if we go with one defensive midfielder and use erskine as the additional creative player and it could be the most exciting to watch since we got promoted.

Only 250/1 to win the league btw, the bookies obviously fancy us