Motherwell 24/09/16

Lindau

How the **** wis azeez excellent? He waited on every baw coming to him, never mind his finishing. It only goes to show how low the standard has dropped throughout the whole of Scottish fitbaw when guys like pogba an azeez are gettin games. up untill the last 15 Motherwell were poor and we should have been out of sight. We cant persist with the likes of azeez. He is an athlete but if ye dont know wit to do with a fitbaw then he shouldnt be near the pitch. His complaint earlier in the week wis the baw not fallin to him, he shouldnt get a chance to explain this week, archie should be givin him his p45

Much as today's game was hard to take Imhave to remind myself that in the 40 years I've been going to Firhill it has ever been thus or at least a variation on a theme.

Today was basically a re-run of last weeks game, sans the sunshine. If I knew how to sort us out, I'd be a rich man.

We,actually played well today and I,agree the turning point was the replacement of Erskine with Welsh: I thought it a retrograde step that pulled us into a more negative shape.

Funnily enough I'm still quietly confident that we can go to Castle Greyskull and get a result next weekend.

How the **** wis azeez excellent? He waited on every baw coming to him, never mind his finishing. It only goes to show how low the standard has dropped throughout the whole of Scottish fitbaw when guys like pogba an azeez are gettin games. up untill the last 15 Motherwell were poor and we should have been out of sight. We cant persist with the likes of azeez. He is an athlete but if ye dont know wit to do with a fitbaw then he shouldnt be near the pitch. His complaint earlier in the week wis the baw not fallin to him, he shouldnt get a chance to explain this week, archie should be givin him his p45

He ran their defence ragged and as Archie says, he just needs a ball to hit his arse or back to get him up and running. Football is a confidence game. That was his first 90 minutes today. Give the guy his P45 after his first 90 minutes of the season? Give the guy a feckin chance. He put in a power of work today and to compare him with Pogba is ludicrous!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Might not be a popular opinion on here for those that are blinkered when it comes to the manager.

But the turning point came when he puts on Welsh as the replacement for the injured Erskine.

A defensive player on for an offensive player. Totally negative and immediately puts us on the back foot, having been in the ascendency up until that point.

And how Azeez stays on for the full 90 I'll never know. When he misses his 3rd golden opportunity he should have been subbed for Doolan.

But no. We'll wait till 5 minutes left and take off Lawless instead.

A long season ahead.

There were some positives to take today but this post probably sums up the overriding feelings I have.

Archie needs to start making the right decisions more consistently. He should know by now that Welsh for Erskine was only ever going to end in disaster from a tactical perspective.

They were there for the taking today. Attack would have been the best line of defence in that second half.

• Like 1

Thistle started very well, from the North End I thought the first half was a huge change from the Saints game two weeks ago. Missed chances in the 2nd half were frustrating. Could have been 3 or even 4 nil for the Jags, Motherwell didn't seem to be any threat at all until the last 15 mins, then Motherwell goal was a sickener. Was also amazed that the ref didn't see 3 very clear Motherwell hand-balls.

Only read some of the posts made so far but disagree strongly with what I have read.

Azeez has trouble finishing, yes, but apart from that I thought he was excellent. Erskine, Edwards & Elliott also excellent with Amoo also having a good game. Thought Barton was decent enough, maybe a bit light in the tackle but was in the right positions when required, slotted in to CB if one of the defenders got pulled out of position & looked comfortable on the ball.

If we play like that on a regular basis we will be fine.

• Like 4

Who said anything about breezing into the top six? With the squad we have we should be doing better. Our defence is a bombscare. Azeez may be playing well, but he was brought here for goals. Where are they? We are dropping points to teams around us which is alarming. The usual late goal syndrome hasn't disappeared. It has the same smell of not being mentally tough enough to get over the line.Why?

I wouldn't say the defence was a bomb scare today. It looked the most comfortable than it has all season. Scully looked much more confident today too. I don't think Motherwell had more than one chance before they scored. The points weren't lost due to the defence - it was the missed chances that cost us.

Only read some of the posts made so far but disagree strongly with what I have read.

Azeez has trouble finishing, yes, but apart from that I thought he was excellent. Erskine, Edwards & Elliott also excellent with Amoo also having a good game. Thought Barton was decent enough, maybe a bit light in the tackle but was in the right positions when required, slotted in to CB if one of the defenders got pulled out of position & looked comfortable on the ball.

If we play like that on a regular basis we will be fine.

Agree 100% 1JL.

I wouldn't say the defence was a bomb scare today. It looked the most comfortable than it has all season. Scully looked much more confident today too. I don't think Motherwell had more than one chance before they scored. The points weren't lost due to the defence - it was the missed chances that cost us.

Defence was good today, except for the goal. No matter the Azeez scenario with the misses, if we hadn't allowed the smallest player in the opposition ranks (for the second week running) to score with a header we would have had 3 points tonight. We are not far off being a half decent side. Just need to tighten up a bit on the right hand side of the defence and hope big Ade gets a goal, sooner rather than later.

Edited by Lindau

He ran their defence ragged and as Archie says, he just needs a ball to hit his arse or back to get him up and running. Football is a confidence game. That was his first 90 minutes today. Give the guy his P45 after his first 90 minutes of the season? Give the guy a feckin chance. He put in a power of work today and to compare him with Pogba is ludicrous!

Naw, wis u quoted archie sayin is ridiculous. Youve got a striker that needs 'luck' to score. Wit aboot a bit of quality. Im fed up hearin aboot luck. The goal is gaping an ye miss the target every time is not good enough. I gave the boy the benefit if the doubt last week but today wis tragic. How did he run them ragged? He never ran at them with the ball once, an wen he tried he ****** it

Naw, wis u quoted archie sayin is ridiculous.

I gave the boy the benefit if the doubt last week but today wis tragic.

How did he run them ragged? He never ran at them with the ball once, an wen he tried he ****** it

1) you will need to run that one past me again!!

2) That's very good of you but would hardly say last weeks chance was a sitter!

3) You obviously weren't watching the same game as me and most of the others. We had a few Well supporters at our table in hospitality and they all said at the end that Azeez was a handful and that's as uncomfortable as they have seen McManus and Henegen all season.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

Fcuk sake some people need a reality check and accept that today we were miles better than Motherwell and sometimes it just doesn't happen. We r playing decent football and results will come, please calm down guys and stop sounding like paranoid OF fans

Well said Vinnie, some of the postings on here tonight are beyond belief! Guy plays his first 90 minutes of the season, yep he misses a few good chances, but he should be sacked immediately!! If he had scored them, pretty sure they would have found something to moan about anyway. Don't like targeting players but if anyone should be under the microscope tonight it should be our right back where both the vital goals in the last two weeks have came from. Coulibaly (did anyone see his goal today??) and now McDonald scoring with headers when they are the smallest players in the opposition worries me more that Azeez's misses today.

Their no 4 was under extreme pressure especially 2nd half. Looked a real haddy. Partly because Azeez is such an awkward opponent, fast,strong,willing. Dools would not have got on the end of 2 of Azeez's chances as he is not as athletic. There lies the problem. We cannot afford to play a striker who does not look as if he will ever score no matter his other benefits. Dools would have buried the one presented so well by Erskine and we would have 3 points in the bag. So Dools should start unless Azeez can improve his finishing.

It was depressing to see Welsh replacing Erskine. Welsh contributes very little and it was obvious we needed another goal. Should have been Doolan on at that stage. Or McDaid. Or Wilson.

Gordon continues to disappoint.. Elliot to rb next week please.

And please let Erskine be uninjured. And Booth not too sick.

really feel for dools today ,brought on with 90 seconds of normal time left what the f ,,k was Archie expecting him to do...Ryan Edwards ran the show today ..faded a bit in the second haif ..Lawless should have been hooked at half time offered nothing..Having two guys for managers who played centre half they have got to sort out our defence some how.......

Gordon continues to disappoint.. Elliot to rb next week please.

And please let Erskine be uninjured. And Booth not too sick.

If Booth is fit, I totally agree

Erskine came over to get his MOTM award and looked OK, didn't appear to be limping. Surprised the guy that interviewed him in the Alan Rough didn't ask him about the injury, but it was clear that he was gutted about not getting the three points

1) you will need to run that one past me again!!

2) That's very good of you but would hardly say last weeks chance was a sitter!

3) You obviously weren't watching the same game as me and most of the others. We had a few Well supporters at our table in hospitality and they all said at the end that Azeez was a handful and that's as uncomfortable as they have seen McManus and Henegen all season.

1) you quoted archie sayin the baw has tae scud aff his erse to score, thats a ****** ridiculous thing to say. He a professional footballer no less, he should be able to produce a bit of quality. Tell ye wit, you tell me wit he gave us today, wit did u see from your hospitality seat with yer well chums? Ill tell ye wit a seen, he wis 2nd to every baw, kept waiting fir it coming thetefore losing the baw. Granted the service at times in the first hauf wis also poor but he has to do better. Usain bolt wid muscle folk aboot nae bother but like a said, azeez might be an athlete but hes no footballer

Tend to agree with the more positive comments on here.

Scully, for instance, appears a far better keeper than I ever suspected. If it hadn't been for him in the last few minutes, I'd be in a post Hearts anguish. The boy did well, as they say.

Lindsay didn't do much (anything?) wrong.

Thought Barton fitted in well and passed the ball, simple, but good passes.

A week or two ago, we couldn't get the final pass right. We made very few opportunities for a goal. Now we have folk te'ed up. Sure, they miss, but it is a step in the right direction.

Our diminutive Australian - Ryan Edwards - ran his socks off and was probably my pick for man of the match.

I think there is something happening.

Perhaps Rangers should be worried..

I think we have a very good chance of beating Rangers next Friday

It just needs our players to believe in themselves.

Archie is good at that....

1) you quoted archie sayin the baw has tae scud aff his erse to score, thats a ****** ridiculous thing to say. He a professional footballer no less, he should be able to produce a bit of quality. Tell ye wit, you tell me wit he gave us today, wit did u see from your hospitality seat with yer well chums? Ill tell ye wit a seen, he wis 2nd to every baw, kept waiting fir it coming thetefore losing the baw. Granted the service at times in the first hauf wis also poor but he has to do better. Usain bolt wid muscle folk aboot nae bother but like a said, azeez might be an athlete but hes no footballer

Think it's the equivalent of saying he needs a bit of luck in front of goal, you know the thing that most strikers need, but you want him sacked after his first 90 minutes of the season so what's the point in arguing with you. Better things to do

Think it's the equivalent of saying he needs a bit of luck in front of goal, you know the thing that most strikers need, but you want him sacked after his first 90 minutes of the season so what's the point in arguing with you. Better things to do

Im fed up hearing it. Ye make yer own luck. Wen yer one on one wae a keeper an your a striker its **** all to do with 'luck'. Ye still never told me how he wis 'excellent'. I wid sack him but neither should archie have signed him never mind on a 2 year deal. I wonder if his agent showed him a video of all his goals that came off his erse

"Im fed up hearing it. Ye make yer own luck. Wen yer one on one wae a keeper an your a striker its **** all to do with 'luck'. Ye still never told me how he wis 'excellent'. I wid sack him but neither should archie have signed him never mind on a 2 year deal. I wonder if his agent showed him a video of all his goals that came off his erse "

That is a lot closer to a goal than we've been for weeks. One on one with a keeper would have been a complete miracle a few weeks ago. We couldn't even play anyone in. Have you forgotten that?

Eh?

My point is that there are some on here who think the manager is always right and can never be criticised.

And is your view he is holding us back?

I repeat what do you think we should do with the manager?

What other manager in your view gets every call right that Archie should emulate?

And is your view he is holding us back?

I repeat what do you think we should do with the manager?

What other manager in your view gets every call right that Archie should emulate?

So you're obviously one of the blinkered people and he can do no wrong in your eyes.

Where did I say he's holding us back? Where did I suggest something needs to be done?

I don't really understand why you're getting all upset at someone opining that he made a mistake with the subs. Unless of course you don't think he did.

Why not debate about the game rather than trying to start an argument about something that wasn't even said.