Motherwell 24/09/16

Lindau

Excellent post PT. I totally despair at some so called fans on here. Everyone see's games differently and yes the boy missed a couple of chances, but for someone to call for for the boy to get his P45 after his FIRST 90 minutes of the season, sums up just what we are up against at this club. Honestly believe they would still moan if we signed Neymar, Suarez and Messi and they missed those chances yesterday. Not getting involved in spats on here this year. It's the same faces that suddenly reappear when we go through a wee dodgy period and that will soon disappear when we hit a run. The last 3 years have shown this to be true. Only surprise is that Gums and The Cup haven't reappeared.....perhaps they have...lol

This forum is about opinions, including those that go against the grain.

It's a poorer forum for not having the polite, but robust, opinions of The Cup, Bleeding Gums Murphy, Noel Edmonds and others.

Re potty trained's point about giving Azeez a chance, new team, new city etc. I agree totally. I can remember , it was maybe his second game as a sub, Edwards looking utterly lost, a hundred miles off the pace and very easily shoved off the ball. Look what we have now, maybe not the best player in the world but a good , enthusiastic performer who is getting better. What might we have in Barton and Azeez?

Give the lads a chance! And another thing, our luck might turn and, arguably, maybe it has started with the "goal" being chalked off.

Another point! I would just like us to be a wee bit more patient in the last third. There is still a tendency to try to hit forty yard, Hollywood balls that usually go over the intended recipient's head. Other teams don't seem to give up possession like that so often and so easily.

Re potty trained's point about giving Azeez a chance, new team, new city etc. I agree totally. I can remember , it was maybe his second game as a sub, Edwards looking utterly lost, a hundred miles off the pace and very easily shoved off the ball. Look what we have now, maybe not the best player in the world but a good , enthusiastic performer who is getting better. What might we have in Barton and Azeez?

Give the lads a chance! And another thing, our luck might turn and, arguably, maybe it has started with the "goal" being chalked off.

Another point! I would just like us to be a wee bit more patient in the last third. There is still a tendency to try to hit forty yard, Hollywood balls that usually go over the intended recipient's head. Other teams don't seem to give up possession like that so often and so easily.

Totally agree. Plenty of headless chicken comments about Ryan from the usual suspects (again) this season....probably "watching" the game by text. He was outstanding yesterday and covered just about every blade of grass on the pitch and is improving every week with him getting regular starts. He has more than merited a regular place in the team

Just seen a replay of Mothewells goal. Devine is p1ss poor again . Their chopped off goal was well onside too. Gordon and Devine are a ropey combination at the back , no communication between right throughout the game. A totally avoidable goal.

We need another CB desperatley . Dont think we can get to January with this back four and not be in trouble .

I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt because you are a fellow Jags fan, Lindau.

Dear oh dear. The real Barney rises to the surface. You need to take a chill pill or you will be heading for the coronary unit and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even you. Respect...lol

why? Disappointing because they're beating a team we barely had a shot on target against? If we can start to win some games we won't need to worry about other teams

Why??? Because it would be nice to be off the bottom tonight and Hamilton are more likely to be in our area of the league than St Johnstone!!!

• Like 1

Must admit yesterday's game felt a bit like a defeat.to me as well. Saying that there's plenty of positives to take from that game and we shouldn't in any way feel intimidated going to Castle Greyskull next week. Maybe's everything will click for us? Of course there is just as much chance of us getting a doing. Just hope Archie manages to get the lads' heads up for Saturday.

Must admit yesterday's game felt a bit like a defeat.to me as well. Saying that there's plenty of positives to take from that game and we shouldn't in any way feel intimidated going to Castle Greyskull next week. Maybe's everything will click for us? Of course there is just as much chance of us getting a doing. Just hope Archie manages to get the lads' heads up for Saturday.

The pressure is on Sevco after today, after all, it's their divine right to be first or second in the league and they are in the bottom 6 now. Watched the game today and they were unlucky. They were the better side. Think Saturday will depend on the way Archie sets the team up. They are half decent going forward but have definite failings at the back. Think Archie will try to keep it tight and try and get the fans on their back. The one thing we don't want is losing an early goal.

Edited by Lindau

I dont know wit "azeez getting his first 90 minutes" has to do with anything. He has had a decent game time and has so far not shown he knows where the goal is. In my opinion he has been disappointing. Perhaps i was over the score last night saying he should be sacked, never the less, i dont believe he is good enough at this level. Id settle fir another gerry britton never mind the barca trident

I dont know wit "azeez getting his first 90 minutes" has to do with anything. He has had a decent game time and has so far not shown he knows where the goal is. In my opinion he has been disappointing. Perhaps i was over the score last night saying he should be sacked, never the less, i dont believe he is good enough at this level. Id settle fir another gerry britton never mind the barca trident

Football clubs are crying out for someone with you skills and ability to recognise quality after a couple of games. And thats without seeing him train.

Have you considered a career change?

Anyone saying Azeez should be sacked after yesterday needs their head read. He is full of energy and causes all kinds of bother to defenders.

He is not immune from criticism though and as a striker primarily he needs to get goals and if he took the chances against killie and Motherwell we would not be bottom of the league.

Potential a great find but without a doubt he MUST get these goals

• Like 2

• Members

Personally I thought the midfield dropping out in the last 15/20 minutes had as much to do with Barton, Edwards and Lawless running out of energy as it had to do with Welsh coming on. I guess, Archie has instructed Sean to try and hold out for the win. By the time he came on we were already starting to get pushed further and further back by the Well midfield. They replaced Moult with McDonald and brought on a younger fitter guy in midfield and that's what changed the game for me as much as Erskine going off. It's not all about what our side does. It was a shrewd tactical move by a Manager with a ton of experience.

And having just watched the goal again, don't know how anyone can attribute any blame to Gordon. The biggest issue was that they had more men in goalscoring positions than we had defending. First the right back had too much time to measure up what to do, Lawless had to track his man over to the other side and couldn't get back across in time and Elliot couldn't get out as he was tracking the man that Lindsay eventually picked up. Lindsay initially had McDonald but passed him off to Devine as he went to cover the bigger striker going towards the near post. McDonald ghosted in between the two just as Devine had noticed a late run from a midfielder that Edwards had originally, but let get away and went to try and match that run. He should have stuck with McDonald. Gordon stuck with his man all the way. So for me, Devine has to shoulder some blame but so too must the midfield for letting so many Well players get into dangerous positions.

• Like 1