Wanting The Of To Win

stillresigned

The way in which the fixtures have worked out this I like most of our support, I'm sure are left in the unfortunate position of wanting both halves of the OF firm to win today!

I surely can't be alone in finding this situation utterly distasteful. Leaving me feeling morally dirty. I'm sure that I ain't the only one?

• Like 1

This season has been particularly difficult that way. Usually I start the season wanting any team to beat the OF. Perhaps by about the turn of the year, the league position has crystallised and there are a couple of direct rivals whom you have to hope lose to everyone including the OF, while the rest are free to hammer them as often as possible as it will not directly affect us. Therefore the dirty secret closet OF supporter dilemma affects only a handful of games and we can just about square our consciences. But with more than half the league having been our direct rivals for a couple of months and continuing to be so for the foreseeable future, it is becoming a heavy burden to bear.

Maybe we could use this thread as a sort of confessional, as admitting these feelings openly to our fellow Jags believers may be a cathartic or even a cathpartick experience.

• Like 1

I have reached a new personal level of self-loathing: wanting both sets of vomit splattered organisms to win on the same day has wrought havoc with my self esteem. Normally, I would rather hack all my toes and genitalia off in public using a rusty saw, and with less than half a can of Tennents as an anaesthetic, whilst simultaneously consuming 14 kilos of rotting, maggot infested dug carcase, than want either of them to win a throw in. However, given our (recently) perilous league position, I have found myself hoping for their opponents on the day to lose.

Should this shocking state of affairs continue, I am in realistic danger of seeking a way to bring about an end to my habit of inhaling air.

• Like 4

I have reached a new personal level of self-loathing: wanting both sets of vomit splattered organisms to win on the same day has wrought havoc with my self esteem. Normally, I would rather hack all my toes and genitalia off in public using a rusty saw, and with less than half a can of Tennents as an anaesthetic, whilst simultaneously consuming 14 kilos of rotting, maggot infested dug carcase, than want either of them to win a throw in. However, given our (recently) perilous league position, I have found myself hoping for their opponents on the day to lose.

Should this shocking state of affairs continue, I am in realistic danger of seeking a way to bring about an end to my habit of inhaling air.

This is the redeeming sentence and the one to bring to mind when the repercussions threaten your jagginess.

• Like 1

Love it!! Happy Christmas!!

• Like 1