Jam Tarts 25/02/2017

Lindau

Agree with nearly all of that but I think that was one of Abs better recent games yesterday. If any player was slightly below par yesterday it was big Adam, but I put that down to the strange role he was asked to play.

Agree on Osman. I really think he's been the one regular who's had a sub-par season.

Was thrilled to see him play like he's capable of.

Well done Jags!!!!!!

Really enjoyed the game yesterday, good performances all round. Thought Doolan was offside for his goal but glad we got the break.

Funniest moment was Cerny's over exaggerated dive at the Hearts free kick that was well over the bar. I'm told he jumped in to the crowd in the North Stand at the end of the game as well. Madman.

The defence was brilliant. They sucked the life out of all the Hearts prima donnas. What must Walker think of his Continental team mates? I am sure they are skilfull enough but their behaviour was juvenile all through and 46 one of the worst defenders I have seen in the PL. Scottish football is not about the way they play the game and Cathro has to realise it. I thought the ref had a hard task distinguishing between their diving, simulation, being blown over by a gust of wind and the occasional foul perpetrated by our heroes.

I thought we gave the ball away a few times in good positions and we could have thrashed them had we played our best. It's a nice problem to have but we need to find Barton who is arguably our best player, a regular position. Left wing? Non. I don't disagree with team selection as Amoo has been poor but we didn't have much width till latterly when Booth came alight and Christie used his pace. Over to Archie to find a solution.

But if the defence is always as resolute we shall win more games then ever.

BTW I thought the guy with the nasty sounding disease,Avlonitis was not very good!

Complete domination for 90 minutes in every position.

Thought all 3 subs did brilliantly when they came on too. The first thing Azeez did when he came on was win us a corner against the odds. Christie knocked the ball past their left back and whipped it across goal not long after that, and Lawless outmuscling a guy twice his size to win a goal kick. Great spirit throughout the team just now.

Even had it stayed 11 v 11, I think the scoreline would have been the same. Hearts didn't have a shot on target all day and simply never threatened our defence, which was absolutely superb. Keown actually didn't lose a single aerial battle, and all 3 centre halves should be commended for their performance. Liam's goal was quite simply sublime, and watching Doolan's again, what a first touch he takes followed by a lightning quick turn, sheer brilliance.

We can now go up to Dundee with the pressure off having won our last 2 league games. Hopefully this means the team can play with confidence against a Dundee side who will also fancy their chances having demolished Motherwell away.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hearts may well decide who finishes 4th, 5th and 6th with their remaining games.

Away to St Johnstone

Home to Dundee

and away to Kilmarnock

It's hard to know what to wish for here as it all depends on how we do ourselves but I'll settle for not catching Hearts and taking 6th place please.

Has anyone seen the fat lady yet?