Dundee Und

Lindau

Rumours growing on P&B and now this from today's blog on Johnjamesite

Word reaches me that the players of Dundee Utd were informed last week that administration is imminent. One can but hope that DUFC can be saved from liquidation and not have to engage on a journey as The Dundee United FC.

Who would have thought 6 years ago that in recent times we would have had Rangers go into admin and then liquidation and that the new club would have spent 4 years in the lower leagues, that Hibs would have spent the last 3 years in the championship, that Hearts and Dundee Und would both be playing in the championship and that St Mirren may end up in the third level. Makes you really appreciate what Archie, Shaggy, the players, the Weirs and the board have done for our debt free club!

• Like 6

A few decent prospects they have in their squad. I don't doubt that Archie will be monitoring if they need to release a number

While I don't have a lot of likes for those running the club and some former managers, their fans have always been a decent bunch to chat too so hope its not liquidation

Edited by Third Lanark

Who would have thought 6 years ago that in recent times we would have had Rangers go into admin and then liquidation and that the new club would have spent 4 years in the lower leagues, that Hibs would have spent the last 3 years in the championship, that Hearts and Dundee Und would both be playing in the championship and that St Mirren may end up in the third level. Makes you really appreciate what Archie, Shaggy, the players, the Weirs and the board have done for our debt free club!

To extend that, who would have thought that during the same period Fake Thistle and St Johnstone would parade the Scottish Cup and that a subsequent final would be contested between two lower division sides?

Dear Mr Doncaster, if that's what Armaggedon looks like, then thank you for overseeing Armageedon.

• Like 1

A few decent prospects they have in their squad. I don't doubt that Archie will be monitoring if they need to release a number

While I don't have a lot of likes for those running the club and some former managers, their fans have always been a decent bunch to chat too so hope its not liquidation

I would only ever want liquidation for the ugly sisters. As far as their players go, the only player they have that would improve our squad IMO is Tony Andreu and he isn't even their player. Would love to see him at Firhill!

I would only ever want liquidation for the ugly sisters. As far as their players go, the only player they have that would improve our squad IMO is Tony Andreu and he isn't even their player. Would love to see him at Firhill!

They have a couple of players who would improve our squad. Scott Fraser and Blair Spittal at the very least would be good options off the bench.

They have a couple of players who would improve our squad. Scott Fraser and Blair Spittal at the very least would be good options off the bench.

The two of them have played 20 league games between them this season, so unless that's down to injury, they are hardly setting the world on fire. Used to think Spittal was a real prospect but he has faded dramatically over the last few seasons. Wouldnt have them over any of our first team squad. Tony Andreu.....that's a different kettle of fish. He is the attacking, scoring midfielder that we lack!

Not many teams have beaten Thistle comfortably this season.

They could have scored 6 that night and Fraser was particularly good. I don't know what's happened to them since but they have possibly not been well managed.

Despise them but administration would be sufficient punishment for their heinous crimes against us.

Not many teams have beaten Thistle comfortably this season.

They could have scored 6 that night and Fraser was particularly good. I don't know what's happened to them since but they have possibly not been well managed.

Despise them but administration would be sufficient punishment for their heinous crimes against us.

i think Fraser also scored against us in the Scottish cup last year

Not sure where all this Dundee Utd administration patter is coming from. I believe they're not exactly on a strong financial footing these days but I very much doubt they've suddenly gone from that state to an unsustainable position.

Und fans talking about the rumours of bills not being paid over on P&B last week. If bloggers have heard stories and print them, its up to the club to dismiss them by threatening action or by coming out and saying its total rubbish. Can't be good for business if stories like these are flying about. Did they not have to wait till they sold a player to pay us the compo for McNamara and that was when they were in the top league. Time will tell, but Und are a club that I imagine would struggle to survive if they didn't come up either this year or next year

Edited by Lindau

A horrible club run by a horrible man. Feel for the fans if this happens but administration doesn't come about through bad luck. It happens because of years, sometimes decades, of mismanagement and financial irresponsibility. That's how Save The Jags came about and it's the same for every other club. So they have no one to blame but themselves.

• Like 1

Apparently it was Eddie Thompson's legacy that left the club in a state. They certainly threw money at staying up last season. Since then there's been a predictable drop in support. I think there is an element of mischief making in some of these reports of administration though.

If they are perilously close to going into administration then I'd suggest their only likely way they could avoid it would be to win the play offs or win the league. To that end I imagine they'd do everything possible to hold out as long as they can to avoid a points deduction. We'll see in good time but I'm with Ian in saying it's a horrible club. There would be no shortage of karma if they do in fact go into administration. Ideally I'd like to see the principal cause being a failure to get back into the top league. A league their successive chairmen tried to lord over for too long.