Who Do We Want Next Year?

Ancipital

Must admit, being able to start this in April without us worrying about our top flight status is tremendous.

So we know we're going back to Easter Road next season, but with the relegation battle in the Premiership and the playoffs in the Championship to happen, who do we want to be facing next year?

In terms of premier relegation, I think ICT are already toast. Won't miss journeys up there but we have had a hell of a good record against them since promotion so that is a downside.

Playoff could be any of the remaining 5, though I think Killie probably only need one win. I'd like to see County join their highland neighbours but I think they'll be OK as well. Dundee have gambled on a new manager being able to lift them out of the bottom spot but I think that'll fail. If Moult stays fit for the last 5 games Motherwell should have enough goals in them and Hamilton seem to have found some spirit from somewhere.

From the Championship, I don't think there's many Thistle fans who'll want to see Dundee Utd again any time soon. I'd like to see Morton up, it was fun to beat them 4 years ago but it's somewhere different to go, and amazing to think cappielow is top flight compliant in 2017 considering what we had to go through in 2002. They seem to have hit the buffers though. Falkirk are a bit uninspiring (and still have Craigen, Baird, Kerr, and Muirhead) but might be best placed to beat the Premiership team.

I think the premier league team will stay up though, so Hibs replacing Inverness will be it. Ideally Morton to replace County as well.

If Inverness are fairly likely (though not yet certain) to go down, I would prefer not to lose Ross County as well. Dingwall is a pleasant town and we have had some good matches and results up there. The Dundee locality holds few attractions and is a fairly dull journey. so would happily miss out on this. If we can guarantee the Wee Dublin Stand in reasonable weather rather than the cramped death-trap old stand, I would take Morton, failing which Falkirk would be slightly more attractive, if only for memories of Chris Erskine slicing through their defence to clinch the First Division title.

So Inverness and Dundee down. Morton or Falkirk up.

Must admit, being able to start this in April without us worrying about our top flight status is tremendous.

So we know we're going back to Easter Road next season, but with the relegation battle in the Premiership and the playoffs in the Championship to happen, who do we want to be facing next year?

In terms of premier relegation, I think ICT are already toast. Won't miss journeys up there but we have had a hell of a good record against them since promotion so that is a downside.

Playoff could be any of the remaining 5, though I think Killie probably only need one win. I'd like to see County join their highland neighbours but I think they'll be OK as well. Dundee have gambled on a new manager being able to lift them out of the bottom spot but I think that'll fail. If Moult stays fit for the last 5 games Motherwell should have enough goals in them and Hamilton seem to have found some spirit from somewhere.

From the Championship, I don't think there's many Thistle fans who'll want to see Dundee Utd again any time soon. I'd like to see Morton up, it was fun to beat them 4 years ago but it's somewhere different to go, and amazing to think cappielow is top flight compliant in 2017 considering what we had to go through in 2002. They seem to have hit the buffers though. Falkirk are a bit uninspiring (and still have Craigen, Baird, Kerr, and Muirhead) but might be best placed to beat the Premiership team.

I think the premier league team will stay up though, so Hibs replacing Inverness will be it. Ideally Morton to replace County as well.

Just shows how well the authorities have steered the good ship Scottish Football over the last 15 years.

I'm pretty sure the Premiership team will beat the Championship team, regardless of who makes the play offs. It would be good if this was Dundee beating Dundee United.

However, if given a choice of Championship team coming up, I would like to see Kilmarnock in the play off position, losing to Morton or Falkirk.

Falkirk for Dundee for me. Caley down.

Don't really want another plastic pitch. Want Accies to stay up all the same and Killie look reasonably safe. Just from a personal point of view I quite like the odd trip to Dundee but not so keen of the overkill aspect so I'd welcome a Dundee v Dundee Utd play off.

But ideally Morton get promoted and are forced to finally spend the money on ground improvement rather than quick fix players. That curtails their chances of staying in the top division and they go straight back down. That I'd like. :happy2:

• Like 1

Cappielow will need a lot of work done to it before it's top flight compliant. I know they have bought seats and a roof from the old Love Street but it will still cost them a fair amount to install all of that.

Wouldn't bet against them having to ground share with St Mirren for at least part of the season should they come up. But I don't think they will, the wheels have well and truly fallen off and even if they do still scrape 4th I wouldn't fancy them to go the distance over 6 games.

I still miss the excellent days out at Dumfries. Realistically, it's going to be a good while, if ever, before they graduate to the top flight. Nevertheless, I hope they have a flourish next term and give us something extra to look forward to for the 2018/19 season.

Meanwhile, I hope those dirty Tannadice dogs stay put for a good while yet, a la Hibs. So many reasons why they deserve to wallow in the second tier, or below if possible. I would like that a lot.

They could play the first half at Dens then all troop over to Tannadice for the second.

What a lovely idea and thought.

I'd take to wearing Jute sacks for the day and feel as all my remaining Christmases had arrived early. A dream scenario and a win win all round, I'd say.