Betfred Cup

elevenone

Draw this Friday and we are seeded 1st for group stage.

2nd seeds we could face are Morton,QOS,St Mirren and Dumbarton.

Then its any 2 from the following unseeded teams Ayr,Livingston,Airdrie.Queens Park,Stranraer,Stenhousemuir,Albion Rvrs,Annan,Edinburgh City,Berwick,Clyde and East Kilbride.

Never seen Edinburgh or Ek so hopefully those 2 with an Dumbarton away day thrown in for me.

Edited by elevenone

I'll miss three of the five matchdays due to a wedding and a holiday, just hope one of those is the bye matchday!

It looks like St Mirren are building a very capable squad so they would probably be the 'one to avoid' from Pot 2, if there is such a thing, although they'd be coming to Firhill.

I've got a few grounds to tick off from Pot 3 so hopefully we get someone like Annan Athletic or Stranraer away on a matchday I can make.

Looks like Edinburgh City are this seasons unlucky team, being drawn in the South section when all other Edinburgh teams are in the North section

Whilst true they can't be drawn with their local rivals, where they would benefit from big crowds, the North section is spread more widely, so chances are they'll not have to travel as far being in the South section thanks to most teams being located on the central belt.

I would like a few trips to the Borders as it's been a while since we were down there and always a good day out.

QOS, Berwick, Ayr & Stranraer would be a great group.

Others might be able to confirm but I think the 2nd seeds play the top seeds away so a visit to Dumfries isn't possible. Pity!

Berwick, Ayr & Stranraer would be tops with me too. Edinburgh City, despite where they play would be fine too but East Kilbride, Livingston & Clyde, no thanks.

Others might be able to confirm but I think the 2nd seeds play the top seeds away so a visit to Dumfries isn't possible. Pity!

Berwick, Ayr & Stranraer would be tops with me too. Edinburgh City, despite where they play would be fine too but East Kilbride, Livingston & Clyde, no thanks.

Are Edinburgh City moving to Spartans ground next season as Meadowbank is being worked on? I'm sure I read something like that

Why not EK? Surely good to play a different team home or away? K-Park is handy for me as well and you might even get to see Adam Strachan play again :)

Why not EK? Surely good to play a different team home or away? K-Park is handy for me as well and you might even get to see Adam Strachan play again :)

K-Park would be no novelty to me. I've seen our U20s play EK as recently as last summer and also been at a few Jags reserve games there. Besides I was under the impression that East Kilbride FC has some thing of the "Gretna" about them. Anyway, and more to the point with no disrespect for EK, as a long time detractor of our incestuous small league I'd rather welcome an away visit to somewhere more "away" than the likes of K-Park, Almondvale, the Excelsior Stadium or Broadwood.

If we draw EK and have to play them away from home, there's no chance of the game going ahead at K Park. It will be moved to Hamilton, Airdrie or Broadwood.

Edited by Tom Stronach

Both away trips last season were midweeks as well now that I think about it. Will that be the case this year too?

The Airdrie one was originally meant to be a Saturday, but both clubs agreed to move it forward to the Friday night.

Last season our fixtures as a top seed were:

Saturday A (moved to Friday night)

Tuesday BYE

Saturday H

Tuesday A

Saturday H

If the structure remains the same (ie. every seed plays home/away and has a bye on the same weeks) we'll most likely open with a Saturday afternoon game, unless it's someone we agree to move to the Friday night again. But you'd assume the club wouldn't do that if it was something like Annan or Berwick away, or at least I'd hope they wouldn't.

K-Park would be no novelty to me. I've seen our U20s play EK as recently as last summer and also been at a few Jags reserve games there. Besides I was under the impression that East Kilbride FC has some thing of the "Gretna" about them. Anyway, and more to the point with no disrespect for EK, as a long time detractor of our incestuous small league I'd rather welcome an away visit to somewhere more "away" than the likes of K-Park, Almondvale, the Excelsior Stadium or Broadwood.

First team haven't played there though. I think comparing EK as another 'Gretna' is a bit much, they signed lower league players (including Adam Strachan) and it seems most are now leaving along with their manager. Gretna were signing Premier league players on supposedly high wages.