Audio Commentary V Dumbarton

Pinhead

No score yet

Mentioned

Miles storey was definitely not with the players last week in England - we may not even be in for him

People thought Meekings was down last week wearing number 6 was confirmed it was definitely Nisbet who was wearing the strip

New home shirt out on Thursday

If we lose to the Sons tonight, it will be a hair shirt on Thursday

• Like 1

2-1 to them, youth team apart from doolan and erskine

Really? Maybe on the bench but not the starting XI

RYAN SCULLY

JAMES PENRICE

KEVIN NISBET

BLAIR SPITTAL

STUART BANNIGAN

STEVEN LAWLESS

CHRISTIE ELLIOTT

DANIEL DEVINE

NEIL MCLAUGHLIN

RYAN EDWARDS

ADAM BARTON

Were poor the first half against a Dumbarton side who were very well organised. They moved quickly from defence to attack en masse. Nade gave Barton a torrid time and Barton didn't help our cause by repeatedly getting caught on the ball. We could have been four down at HT!! If they had had anybody to finish. Nade took his goal very well.

Second half with Erskine and Doolan on we looked miles better and played some good stuff, equalising with a great goal in which Elliot was sensational laying it on for Nisbet to score cleverly.

Then it was all change and we had youngsters all on by the end . Their winning goal I couldn't comment on as I was in the process of leaving.

Lots of promise though. Banzo looked not far away and Spittal sprayed the ball about well. Young Penrice was promising and McLaughlin good. Lamont played well when he came on too. Lawless was better in the second half and Elliot had his moments running at their defence.

Hard to tell at this stage

My concern is who were unavailable tonight ie Cerny,Dumbaya,Keown,Booth,McCarthy,Fraser and Osman. I'd be quite happy to have 5 or 6 of them starting an SPL match. Great to see the young lads doing well but given our opening SPL fixtures,I'm concerned about our potential lack of experienced players. Get well soon,lads.

I don't think they are all injured. I think he was resting them for the league cup because we don't want to pick up more injuries in a friendly. Only one that is seriously injured is muzzy (at least I hope that's the case). The rest I think will feature sometime in the league cup

I don't think they are all injured. I think he was resting them for the league cup because we don't want to pick up more injuries in a friendly. Only one that is seriously injured is muzzy (at least I hope that's the case). The rest I think will feature sometime in the league cup

I think Fraser is a bit more long term than the rest (except for Dumbya). Archie definitely said that though he thought Keown would miss the Livvy game he should be back the game after. I'd expect the same applies to the others, like Booth. Barton needs to be told "taking it easy" isn't the same as "f@nnying about". Hope we see a centre back in soon but as always Archie will risk going with what we've got rather than risking signing a player just for the sake of it.

Should be mentioned several of the lads on at the end were from last year's under-17s team. I think they are moving up to the development team now. Another thing, if the Livvy manager was having us watched he won't have learned anything much.

Edited by Mr Bunny